• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFL Syndicate 2021

1* EDM / WPG under 48.5 -110

Not sure why they’re setting these Winnipeg totals so high. Especially against an Edmonton offence that has shown us nothing this year. I made this 45.

Winnipeg loves to play aggressive early, get a lead and then just clamp down, work the clock and play the field position game. But the market has caught on so wpg to score first is juiced at -200 or worse everywhere. So I'll take their 1Q side at this number...

0.5* Winnipeg 1Q -2.5 -118

I like Sask to win tonight but I can't handle them laying this number as I made it 4.5. In fact, it if were to get to 7, the value would be squarely on Calgary but its not a great spot for them either. Maybe something in game will pop up.

I like Sask to win tonight but I can't handle them laying this number as I made it 4.5. In fact, it if were to get to 7, the value would be squarely on Calgary but its not a great spot for them either. Maybe something in game will pop up.
I’m laying 4 with the riders

Results after week 10

Sides 14-9 +0.72*
Totals 15-7 +5.78*
Live/2H 9-8 -0.06*
Tease/Parlay 1-2 -0.315*
Player Props 2-3 -0.175*

Overall 41-29 +5.95*

Advantage over Close
Sides +31
Totals +16

4-3 this week for just over a unit but not happy I lost my discipline this week. Have to button up my shirt and remain squarely focused on the end goal.

Line for Friday's game out. Looks like the books have caught on to Winnipeg finally with the total set at 42.5. I made it 41 so not playing it at thta number.

Am I crazy for liking Edmonton +14? I do not think this team is as bad as the media seem to think. Most out there think theyre worse than Ottawa but I don't think that at all. And with the QB change, maybe the whole team gets an extra spring in their step finally. I am not a Cornelius fan but Harris has been flaming out so badly that any change has to be good at this point.

Another hold-your-nose special...

1* Ottawa +6 -110

I know I said I didn't want to get involved with Ottawa but I say a lot of things and winning at this game means siding with a lot of bad teams that have value. Ottawa and Montreal always seem to play close games and with VAj out, I think Matt Shilz is a step down although he's not a terrible QB. Meanwhile Ottawa is getting healthier with a couple of O-loinemen returning and Baltimore & Kanneh back in the secondary for the second straight game which makes their defence formidable. Its looking like another rain soaked Ottawa game and I think the RBs can keep it close.

What number did you make this game? My local is offering 12.5

State site has Edmonton +12
I made it 11 myself. I see I'm not the only one who likes it. Its down to 12 at Pinny and 5dimes and 13 at 365 now. All opened at 14.

I'm not sure I would have played it under 13 but thats up to you.

1* BC Lions -1 -109

Calgary has won 2 in a row but now BC catches them in a bad spot, playing their second roadie in a row vs a BC team off a bye. The stamps biggest problem has been a lack of reliable receivers for Bo to get the ball to and thats not getting any better as far as I can see. The only receiver they have thats close to elite is Jordan and while he may be back from his hamstring issue, I doubt he's 100%. BC has a solid secondary that should be able to keep this offense in check. BC has some receiver issues of their own with Whitehead being out but its looking like they may have Lamar Durant back this week. I made this number -2.5.

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERSPractice Day
Player namePositionInjuryMonTueWedGame status
Andrew HarrisRBCalfFullLimitedQuestionable
Mike MillerFBHipDNPDNPQuestionable
Drew WolitarskyWRKneeFullFullQuestionable
Janarion GrantWRAnkleDNPLimitedQuestionable
Geoff GrayOLNIRFullFullQuestionable
Pat NeufeldOLShoulderLimitedLimitedQuestionable
Jermarcus HardrickOLHipDNPDNPOut
Kevin BrownLBShoulderDNPDNPOut
Jontrell RocquemoreLBHipDNPLimitedQuestionable
Willie JeffersonDLAnkleLimitedLimitedQuestionable
Jackson JeffcoatDLHipLimitedLimitedQuestionable
Jonathan KongboDLNon-injury relatedFullDNPQuestionable
Noah HallettDBKneeFullFullQuestionable
Sergio Schinffino-PerezDBHipDNPDNPOut
Nick TaylorDBHipDNPLimitedQuestionable

Gonna take a small shot at the over in Edmonton. I think if the Elks are going to cover they have to score more than they have been and this is a low number. Winnipeg is a major under team but I just have a gut feel this one ends up in the high 40s.

0.5* WPG / EDM over 42.5 -113

Results after week 11

Sides 15-11 -0.47*
Totals 15-8 +5.215*
Live/2H 9-8 -0.06*
Tease/Parlay 1-2 -0.315*
Player Props 2-3 -0.175*

Overall 42-32 +4.195*

Advantage over Close
Sides +35.5
Totals +16.5

1-3 on the week. Not good.

Makes sense. A change of scenery might give him some new life. VAj's injury is likely season ending but they are both under contract for 2022 I think so we'll see how it plays out
Shiltz is an option too, he hasnt looked bad

I do like the move though, especially with vaj done or close to it like you said, east is pretty wide open, at least until the tabbies get their act together, which I'm still believing happens

Shiltz is an option too, he hasnt looked bad

I do like the move though, especially with vaj done or close to it like you said, east is pretty wide open, at least until the tabbies get their act together, which I'm still believing happens
Shilz really impressed last week. Not afraid to throw downfield. I'm not sure he's ready to take a team to the cup off the bench ala Dane Evans but he is def capable.

The East is getting exciting. Any team not named Ottawa can realistically finish first. Cats need Evans back and Frankie Williams in the secondary but they will get there. The Argos look scary too with the way macbeth is playing and when he gets Rogers back they will be dangerous. And if they can ever get their DL healthy they will be a tough out. Only 5 weeks to go!!

All I can say is if I paid hundreds of $$ for a Grey Cup ticket to watch the Argos play on the cats field, I will be pissed. '96 all over again.

1* TOR / MON under 49 -110

Just a gut feel that this is a couple points too high in this situation.

First really chilly night of the season
Both decent defences
Battle for first in the east
Both teams missing an OL

Results after week 12

Sides 16-11 +0.03*
Totals 15-9 +4.115*
Live/2H 9-9 -0.61*
Tease/Parlay 1-2 -0.315*
Player Props 2-3 -0.175*

Overall 43-34 +3.045*

Advantage over Close
Sides +36
Totals +18

1-2 on the week.

I've lost the plot. You have Winnipeg at the top, Ottawa & Edmonton at the bottom and the other 6 teams I feel like I know less than I did before the season began. Nevertheless, I haven't had a losing season in 3 down ball since 2011 and I don't intend to have one now. I have to double down on the work.

1* BC Lions +4 -110

Not a lot to like this week and this is the only number that is off mine by any significant amount. I made this +2 so give me the other side of the 3 thanks.

BC on the 2nd straight roadie which is normally not a good spot but they really need a win and this is a game where they can compete vs a Toronto team that is still pretty beat up at receiver and defense. Toronto has played well but I don't really see them putting anyone away so I see this as a close game.

1* BC / TOR over 45.5 -110

This number looks a bit low considering both these teams can score. Toronto has gone over this number in its last 5.

1* BC / TOR over 45.5 -110

This number looks a bit low considering both these teams can score. Toronto has gone over this number in its last 5.
I think what winnipeg did to BC knocked 3+ points off this, and as you've said, league needs to be viewed as Winnipeg, and the others all separate below

I can see some 46s already out there, I think we see 47s by saturday

Also like Hamilton this week but I'm not sure I want to lay the points on the road.

The Elks suck and I don't think Arbuckle will be ready to start this week and I'm noit sure he helps anything this year anyway. Masoli always does well in Edmonton for whatever reason. Thats where he set the record for consecutive completions a couple years ago.

Back