• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

CFB is Ass Backwards Part 2

wiseplayer

So after this Championship game blowout brings up another aspect to my argument.
Give us more meaningful games in the regular season for the Top 25. As long as CFB is going to be top heavy, make the regular season about the hunt for the last 8 teams among the top 25.
We can’t continue to have a bullshit regular season followed by a bullshit Final Four. Both Semi’s for the 1st time since its inception was competitive but we had an embarrassing Finals.
Anyway, I enjoyed the Bowl season. We had some great Bowl games from the Kansas-Arkansas game forward.

The title game was a blow out and no doubt a bad matchup for TCU.

I don't know how you schedule more top 25 games when at the time you are scheduling them you won't know who those teams are.

You're gonna have some post season/championship game clunkers regardless of the format. That's just the way it goes.

It's sports, not a movie script.
Agreed, there have been plenty of super bowl blow-outs.

To OP, no disrespect intended, but the regular season is hardly bullshit. It's the most meaningful regular season in american sports. The move to an expanded playoff will devalue the regular season and reduce the quality. With 12 teams, you'll pretty much know from the outset that UGA, Bama, Ohio State, Clemson and USC will be in. Under the current format, the regular season is a de facto playoff format (you just don't know in advance which games will be actual elimination games until you see how it plays out). I'll have to quit my complaining about an expanded playoff eventually, but not today.

You’ll get the off year where a Tulane can get in and do minor damage(just thinking most recent and what was cool for me)…..other than that, we saw some watered down ball this year. Now it waters down the season, apparently

Back