• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Celtics vs Sixers Discussion Thread

Dude has gone over his assist total in 7 of the last 8 games against Boston.

Playoffs are different but it is what it is...

I like it. It just trying to piece together these same game parlays w as many plays I can since they give you a free bet back anytime they lose. I finally hit one yesterday, 1st one of playoffs even tho I do practically every day, lol. Typically I combine several games, obviously don’t have that option tonight. Having a hard time finding enough I feel half way decent about to make worth it, lol. Usually I’ll just use bunch of C’s guys over 3s, never know which ones gonna hit a given night tho.

I like it. It just trying to piece together these same game parlays w as many plays I can since they give you a free bet back anytime they lose. I finally hit one yesterday, 1st one of playoffs even tho I do practically every day, lol. Typically I combine several games, obviously don’t have that option tonight. Having a hard time finding enough I feel half way decent about to make worth it, lol. Usually I’ll just use bunch of C’s guys over 3s, never know which ones gonna hit a given night tho.
Those sgps are a complete ripoff. They aren't paying anywhere close to true parlay odds so even though you can structure them so they are correlated, you are still getting hosed. Its maybe not as fun but mathematically you will be farther ahead playing all those bets individually.

Those sgps are a complete ripoff. They aren't paying anywhere close to true parlay odds so even though you can structure them so they are correlated, you are still getting hosed. Its maybe not as fun but mathematically you will be farther ahead playing all those bets individually.

Oh I totally agree, they just give you free bet of 10 bucks anytime you lose 1 so I just do $10 lotto tickets every day. You wouldn’t catch me doing them otherwise, lol. I finally hit one yesterday, nice little $400 boost to the account. I wouldn’t do them if not for being free, and since they only cover 10 bucks they the smallest bets I ever make so I gotta add a bunch of legs! Pretty much like playing scratch offs but I rather do those than flush my baseball money on this nba shit! Lol

can find stale numbers on SGPs a fair amount but you're correct

Ding ding

Looking at the box now ..

No shock on Harden.

Anyone have a good synopsis on Joel's play?

Tatum... Huh?

Looking at the box now ..

No shock on Harden.

Anyone have a good synopsis on Joel's play?

Tatum... Huh?
Didn’t watch, just from what I heard on podcasts Embiid just looked sluggish but it was all about just getting in some time before game 3 after a long lay off.

Watching the box scores, Jaylen brown just went off 2Q and they coasted from there.

I figure Tatum will have a monster game after the 7 point dud in gm2. Crazy they won despite that but on the road they gonna need Tatum to go off, role players can win home games, the stars have to shine on the road! I think C’s win tonight, it’s when they up in a series when they usually play like total ass.

Am I the only one salivating at the under for Embid’s point total if 26.5? I think he’s going to be limited offensively again, and Philly will be OK with that. Assuming he can hold is own on the defensive end.

Am I the only one salivating at the under for Embid’s point total if 26.5? I think he’s going to be limited offensively again, and Philly will be OK with that. Assuming he can hold is own on the defensive end.
I just played it

I’m gonna lose it in the first half. Crap!

I think he has to score 30+ rest of this series to give Philly any chance, which I don’t really think they have much chance to win the series, it will prob go long cause Boston is the worst good team in recent memory that doesn’t close teams out! they get a little lead in series and they get all lax, it’s very annoying! I think Embid will be good tho, he gotta put it all on himself cause harden a huge loser, that gm1 was a combination of dumb luck and Boston not taking them seriously without Embid (more being lax!), I like Maxey but truth of the matter and in fairness to harden when Boston wants to lock up guards it gonna be tough for them! They have fantastic on ball defenders and guys who will alter shots if they get in the lane so they can be super aggressive! They don’t really have anyone who can deal with Embid and they probably know Embid scoring 30 isn’t gonna beat them, let him get his and take away everyone else and it should be over In 5 (although they prob let it go 6 or 7! Lol).

My concern with Embid tonight is I dunno if this game remains competitive into the 4th? Not sure I’m leaving him out there If Boston is up 15-20 points even tho they prone to blowing leads.

You were right, it wasn't competitive.

Lol, just wrong bout which team, a somewhat important fact! It’s just a good thing I can’t stand that Boston team to the point I wasn’t laying -7.5 when I could get -6 on nugs who I trusted way more at home!

Tatum 36 was about the ugliest 36 I've ever seen. Horford 0-7 from 3 killed them early. Most of those were wide open looks.

Friend of mine had his over 2.5 treys, I can’t believe he had the nerve to keep shooting so many it hit!! I know he still fairly young but I’m just not a huge fan, he so inconsistent and honestly I think they have made the wrong guy the #1, I think they be way better off had they told Brown he the Man, he appears to have way more that dog/killer instinct in him but he defers to this pussy. Brown was 3-6 from behind arc with a super efficient 24 while Tatum jacking up bricks.

If I was Brown I’d be trying to get the fuck out of town. He the kinda guy dallas needs to put with luka, he already used to deferring, plays d and brings a level of intensity that would go well w luka I think.

I said it in Emkee thread or in-game...

Philly big 3 (Maxey is the 3rd) played 42-39-37 tonight in a game they were up DDs all second half.

Interesting.

I guess given Doc playoff history and these guys playoff history there was no way he was taking the chance of blowing a big lead! Lol. I don’t think it a big deal at all for Maxey, he young and full of pep. I’d prob wanna be more careful with Embid if I could.

Friend of mine had his over 2.5 treys, I can’t believe he had the nerve to keep shooting so many it hit!! I know he still fairly young but I’m just not a huge fan, he so inconsistent and honestly I think they have made the wrong guy the #1, I think they be way better off had they told Brown he the Man, he appears to have way more that dog/killer instinct in him but he defers to this pussy. Brown was 3-6 from behind arc with a super efficient 24 while Tatum jacking up bricks.

If I was Brown I’d be trying to get the fuck out of town. He the kinda guy dallas needs to put with luka, he already used to deferring, plays d and brings a level of intensity that would go well w luka I think.
sounds like Brown could leave - would think especially so if they don't win it. Tatum wasn't good but I really think Horford cost them this game, or at least a competitive game. Some of those 3 misses were at big times. He hits 3 or even 2 of them it's probably a different game. Opens it up. Gotta have shooters around Tatum and Brown.

sounds like Brown could leave - would think especially so if they don't win it. Tatum wasn't good but I really think Horford cost them this game, or at least a competitive game. Some of those 3 misses were at big times. He hits 3 or even 2 of them it's probably a different game. Opens it up. Gotta have shooters around Tatum and Brown.
oh and i stayed away from the Booker Durant points totals over 32ishs thank goodness. Still 4 and 0 and probably will play them again in Phoenix if reasonable (i.e. not 35). Have to be so careful on the road.

I know it just the way it kinda is these days but it drives me crazy how 3 point dependent Boston gets, even more crazy they not playing nearly the same level of d under this coach. They lost one those games to hawks when they made like 20 something 3s cause they were lazy on d! Seems to me they typically have enough shooting cause lot of guys make 3s on that team a given night. I don’t think horford and Tatum taking a combined 18 treys (and making 3!) is really what they outta be doing. I just don’t think Tatum personality or drive match his talent, not sure playing him e brown works, ideally they could just combine the 2 and put Browns mentality in Tatum’s body, lol. I still think they better than Philly and think they win gm6 but maybe that just my hate of harden talking?

I know it just the way it kinda is these days but it drives me crazy how 3 point dependent Boston gets, even more crazy they not playing nearly the same level of d under this coach. They lost one those games to hawks when they made like 20 something 3s cause they were lazy on d! Seems to me they typically have enough shooting cause lot of guys make 3s on that team a given night. I don’t think horford and Tatum taking a combined 18 treys (and making 3!) is really what they outta be doing. I just don’t think Tatum personality or drive match his talent, not sure playing him e brown works, ideally they could just combine the 2 and put Browns mentality in Tatum’s body, lol. I still think they better than Philly and think they win gm6 but maybe that just my hate of harden talking?
yeah not a fan of Harden but have to admit he's playing pretty good this series. To me, coaches make their stripes in playoffs and this guy is showing his weaknesses - his team wasn't ready to play G5. Just like Bund letting one guy Butler beat Bucks game after game, with a 1st team all defense guy and Giannis on his team. Have to figure out an adjustment. Definitely can see Boston winning G6 - just have to make shots.

-135 Game 2, you’d think G3 would be -270 to -330?

You’d need to see a -230 which is about a 5.5 to get the +150 series lines out there..:

If Horford doesn’t find his shot they’re toast. But if he can make 3/7 or 3/8 from 3 with those looks he had they win in Philly and win the series.

I think as important as any one guy making shots is they should really be locking up the perimeter. Embid gonna get his, I don’t begrudge them for that, In fact I love it cause Embid props my fav bet all these games! If they would stop letting harden or Maxey go off they win imo. Let Embid get his 30-35 and hold those 2 under 20 and it should be game over. Don’t leave those guys and let them get hot from deep, seems simple to me.

also after phily beat nets Harden came to Vegas. I know a limo driver who drives him a lot (not this time) and says he's very generous. But I can't imagine he's eating salads and going to bed at 9pm while he's here. lol would not give him a new LT contract - already catching up to him.

also after phily beat nets Harden came to Vegas. I know a limo driver who drives him a lot (not this time) and says he's very generous. But I can't imagine he's eating salads and going to bed at 9pm while he's here. lol would not give him a new LT contract - already catching up to him.

He signed a very team friendly short term deal. Maybe a wink wink that they’ll take care of him when the time comes due. I think he could leave for Houston. Save on taxes and run his style and game with a bunch of young pups and shooters and pad his career stats.

Yea I heard he was in Vegas after that series and thought for sure Boston would roast them gm1 but in typical Boston fashion without Embid they didn’t feel threatened and played lazy. Harden has been good but I blame that as much on C’s as I do give him credit cause I know they capable of locking him up if they so desire. He could be a great guy off the court for all I know, for the most part I’m only attacking their games when I’m talking bad bout anyone, or work ethics, just cause a guy skates by on talent don’t mean he a pos, fuck, if you gave me 100s of millions it prob be hard to get md focusing on work! There no way I’d give harden a bunch of money or years but that gm has always loved him more than I ever will.

He signed a very team friendly short term deal. Maybe a wink wink that they’ll take care of him when the time comes due. I think he could leave for Houston. Save on taxes and run his style and game with a bunch of young pups and shooters and pad his career stats.
yeah hear a lot about him going to Houston. Not sure why Houston would be interested - waste of time and $ at this stage of his career, just take reps from young guys. He's adapted his game well to his less explosive current game - but without Embid to do P&Rs with he'll be much less effective. He works in Philly pretty well right now, and if they get by C's they'll have a great shot to win it all, assuming Embid's knee holds up.

Doc has the most blown 3–1 leads of any coach in history., lol. So there that! Nobody else has done it twice and he has managed to blow 3-1 lead 3x! He is without a doubt out coaching the C’s clown, this guy has turned them from a hard nosed defensive team into 3 point dependent softies. They way far down the list in defensive rating but when they shoot 40% from 3 they usually win. This team too damn talented to put their fate into whether they making or missing 3s, it just silly, teams should be struggling to score more than 100 vs them yet they scoring 115+ far more often than down at 100-105 like it should be!!

Last edited:
Even vs the garbage hawks they held them to 99 and 106 the 1st 2 games then the hawks score between 119-130 rest the series! After Philly beat them game 1 they hold them to 87 and 102 the next 2. They get the lead and here comes the complacency, Philly scores 116 and 115 to take series back over. Damn the shooting, they should be able to win games without 40% on 40+ attempts!

Neither team, with how they're playing right now, would beat the Heat, let alone New York. Sorry, sometimes the truth hurts.

Best thing that could happen for Boston is to lose and figure this shit out now rather than two years from now

This coach being gone would be step one

Feels like the type of game Boston flies out of the gate, probably leads at half then philly comes back and we get a wire job...

Or Philly gets a lead in the 2h and runs away with it....

That's me basically saying Boston has a 25% chance tonight.

Simply not the same matchup between these two I've watched the last few years.

Feels like the type of game Boston flies out of the gate, probably leads at half then philly comes back and we get a wire job...

Or Philly gets a lead in the 2h and runs away with it....

That's me basically saying Boston has a 25% chance tonight.

Simply not the same matchup between these two I've watched the last few years.

They really fucked this line up and I’m a total sucker if you right bout that! Lol.

Certainly wouldn’t shock me but I played C’s. I know they just not the same team with this coach, it obvious at this point they have went from a super talented team who plays lock down d to a team who wins or loses based on whether they can shoot freaking 40% from deep on way too many attempts! I can’t get out of my head the team I want them to be instead of the way they really are. Since I didn’t play them gm5 I decided might as well go down with the ship if they lose tonight.

They really fucked this line up and I’m a total sucker if you right bout that! Lol.

Certainly wouldn’t shock me but I played C’s. I know they just not the same team with this coach, it obvious at this point they have went from a super talented team who plays lock down d to a team who wins or loses based on whether they can shoot freaking 40% from deep on way too many attempts! I can’t get out of my head the team I want them to be instead of the way they really are. Since I didn’t play them gm5 I decided might as well go down with the ship if they lose tonight.
I need Boston...

Layed the lumber to start series... Did buy back a bit before G4 but still have a few units risked.

Best thing that could happen for Boston is to lose and figure this shit out now rather than two years from now

This coach being gone would be step one

They gotta get rid of this guy. I’m to the point im not sure if Tatum/brown work but I know they better than this, We saw it just last year!! The fact they one the worst defensive teams left is mind boggling to me. How is that even possible? They got way too much talent to be a chuck up 3s and prey team! The heat I get it, they should jack up 100 treys a night cause why not? Boston should be winning games other ways, having to shoot 40% from 3 as a team to win is crazy.

Reactions: KJ
I need Boston...

Layed the lumber to start series... Did buy back a bit before G4 but still have a few units risked.

I don’t feel good about them either I just keep thinking of last years team when they just not that team. They did the same crap where they got complacent with leads last year but when it mattered they brought defensive intensity. Now they just jack more 3s, that a good way to lose one these must win games.

My Boston guy says little Joey is Tatum’s hand picked man.

More pressure on Tatum as a result and they’re sort of playing tight and the defense has dropped off, too. Besides Brown they all stink at driving the ball, too. Always out of sorts and out of control.

Thought Boston +390 to win ship had value because if they win tonight you have a -330 home game and a -400ish (my guess) next series but even if they are -150 in the finals. You’re not getting much of any value.

I’ll pass.

Best value is if you can find a +160 for this series out there…

Back