• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Caleb Williams....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I'm gonna give Caleb his own thread. The destination is yet to be determined (he says possible OU still) but this is one that could shift a team from good to great.

Heisman, national championship etc futures are something to follow here given the correct team.

Discuss!

USC seemed obvious originally...

With that being said, the early rumors are UGA. Apparently the "free agent" offer is ridiculous.

Now, great annual team but for a guy like Caleb? To be debated.

Ya for sure, that would be winning over scheme fit

Ole miss would be best fit for heisman as his numbers could be crazy, I know their OC left for Oklahoma, but him with Lane could be magic and Caleb's dad said it was about professional development and Lane had a QB going in round 1 this year before a potential injury

Scary hours for Bo Nix if Nike can get Oregon over the line?

Why not transfer right after Riley left then? My guess is he got offered a bag and now he’s seeing what offers are out there/selling to highest bidder. The “professional development” nonsense is cover for “buy me”.
Yea smells like a price upper for sure….still think USC

I guess. Does he need to learn to get under center and Kirby is the only one that can $how him?

This had been coming. And OU did everything they could to keep him. Hope it works out for him.

If he doesn't end up at USC it will be Riley's first complete misfire. It's set up perfectly.

The father told people "the only way we (note that "we") can legally listen to offers is if Caleb enters the portal."

That's what college football has become--guys can solicit offers and go to the highest bidder. The father thinks his son is worth $2 million a year for NIL and that's the deal they are looking for.

Not sure USC is a player in this. USC alums are among the richest in the country but I'm not sure they've had time to set up the payout procedure in the short time since Riley arrived. And not sure he wants to go there with Nelson coming in next year.

I agree with Monger that OU bringing in Gabriel seems to indicate they either think Williams is gone or Venables doesn't want to deal with a guy who is already spoiled and whose father has his hand out and who showed he has a lot of shortcomings in game after game this year.

The father told people "the only way we (note that "we") can legally listen to offers is if Caleb enters the portal."

That's what college football has become--guys can solicit offers and go to the highest bidder. The father thinks his son is worth $2 million a year for NIL and that's the deal they are looking for.

Not sure USC is a player in this. USC alums are among the richest in the country but I'm not sure they've had time to set up the payout procedure in the short time since Riley arrived. And not sure he wants to go there with Nelson coming in next year.

I agree with Monger that OU bringing in Gabriel seems to indicate they either think Williams is gone or Venables doesn't want to deal with a guy who is already spoiled and whose father has his hand out and who showed he has a lot of shortcomings in game after game this year.
You rather it happens on the down low or above ground? I don't really care either way but this is not amateur athletics we're dealing with and it hasn't been for years. This just makes it more transparent.

You rather it happens on the down low or above ground? I don't really care either way but this is not amateur athletics we're dealing with and it hasn't been for years. This just makes it more transparent.
You've been hot on FCS playoff games, KJ, what are you thinking on the FCS title game?

Just waiting for the bagmen to say "F" one of these guys. The original team cut him loose and give his Scholly to someone else, and they be left out to dry. End up at some directional school, where, regardless of performance, he loses in the long run. Sorry, not sorry. #NILis deathtothesport..

You've been hot on FCS playoff games, KJ, what are you thinking on the FCS title game?
Looking forward to it much more than the other and weather will make a big deal to me. Won't play til later in the week, I don't think in a perfect climate anyone should be catching points but understand the line. Too early to bet it for me really...7.5 is a strong line for the favorites

Looking forward to it much more than the other and weather will make a big deal to me. Won't play til later in the week, I don't think in a perfect climate anyone should be catching points but understand the line. Too early to bet it for me really...7.5 is a strong line for the favorites
Played in a dome, isn't it???

The whole NIL saga is entertaining and the public is going to be shocked when they find out how much money is being thrown at players. The money the incoming class at Texas a&m is getting is starting to leak out and it's going to really open some eyes (and educate alums of other schools on how to buy players)

Then there is this $1 million dollar offer to Williams

Williams to USC sounds like a sure thing now

He and his family have been in LA this week and shortly after they arrived Dart entered the portal
Seems like the worst kept secret in the sport

What kind of upset would it be if he went somewhere like UConn?

Sick to my stomach, he was 2100 for Heisman last night and forgot to pull trigger

1100 now.

Where is he going for that kind of swing. That's bizarre, he's not much more than pretty good.

Bingo. He obviously has talent, but he was inconsistent all year. On his best plays he looked great, on a lot of them he looked like he didn't have a clue. He was only a freshman so he has a lot of room to improve, but he wasn't even close to Brice Young.

Ya for sure, that would be winning over scheme fit

Ole miss would be best fit for heisman as his numbers could be crazy, I know their OC left for Oklahoma, but him with Lane could be magic and Caleb's dad said it was about professional development and Lane had a QB going in round 1 this year before a potential injury

Scary hours for Bo Nix if Nike can get Oregon over the line?

I think I’m late here as pretty sure he landed at usc, right? Wasn’t or isn’t that the obvious choice for the next level? No coach has churned out #1 qbs lately like Lincoln! No way Baker goes 1st had he played somewhere else imo.

Why not transfer right after Riley left then? My guess is he got offered a bag and now he’s seeing what offers are out there/selling to highest bidder. The “professional development” nonsense is cover for “buy me”.

Maybe but it coulda also just been fun to go thru the recruiting process all over again!! Why not get wined and dined, fucked and sucked by all the best talent several schools have to offer, then of course seeing what kind of bids they came up with. Who doesn’t like being drooled over??

He’s definitely going for the bag. Wherever that is.

End of day ain’t all the bags from the big dogs probably about the same? I think the real bag is the place that gets him drafted #1, Riley track record said he was probably the right choice with or without any bag involved.

Just waiting for the bagmen to say "F" one of these guys. The original team cut him loose and give his Scholly to someone else, and they be left out to dry. End up at some directional school, where, regardless of performance, he loses in the long run. Sorry, not sorry. #NILis deathtothesport..

Long as they have compelling games on Saturday nothing can hurt the sport.

Back