• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Brady is retiring again

1) it tough to believe him after he said same shit last year, I think it too damn early for him to know for sure, come draft/june he will start getting the itch, maybe he ignores it, maybe he doesn’t but I’m not totally sold.

2) i hate that it come to this but he entering Rodgers category for being a drama queen, he just couldn’t take the fact it SB week w all the stupid stories and he wasn’t being talked about, if he really retired this time great, good for him, couldn’t this have waited till after the SB?

3) maybe he just trying to push that retarded ass movie nobody under 60 or outside of New England will ever watch.

4) this only day this week I kinda have some free time to myself, have some driving around to do so will be listening to radio and now the only thing being discussed on any sports show this prick, thanks a lot! I even heard it brought up on nba radio the 1st time I went out this morning! Wtf?!?!

The only thing left to do now is root so hard for mahomes to win 2-3 more rings before Brady HOF induction so we talking about a way better qb being the GOAT!! Lol. Im
done now. We can discuss his greatness later, today I’m just annoyed.

My favorite athlete of all time.

The greatness of Brady wasn't just about his preparation, execution, football acumen, dedication, performance on the field or anything else. He was simply the consummate teammate, unlike any elite athlete we've seen - didn't matter if it was Moss, Gronkowski, Wilfork or some scrub safety on the practice squad. Everyone got treated the same by Brady and he expected the other players to treat him no differently than anyone else on the team. The stories are well documented - he'd go out of his way to seek out and introduce himself to anyone and everyone that was new to the team. Among several reasons why everyone always bought into Brady and the team concept and that was at the very core of the Patriot dynasty. And yet another example why he's the greatest of all time.

I guess he realized that when you can't even beat the Cowboys in a playoff game, it's probably time to hang it up......

I thought for sure he was headed to niners the second purdy got hurt. I’m still not convinced he won’t end up playing. lie to me once shame on you, lie to me again, you can’t. Or however that saying goes.

The greatness of Brady wasn't just about his preparation, execution, football acumen, dedication, performance on the field or anything else. He was simply the consummate teammate, unlike any elite athlete we've seen - didn't matter if it was Moss, Gronkowski, Wilfork or some scrub safety on the practice squad. Everyone got treated the same by Brady and he expected the other players to treat him no differently than anyone else on the team. The stories are well documented - he'd go out of his way to seek out and introduce himself to anyone and everyone that was new to the team. Among several reasons why everyone always bought into Brady and the team concept and that was at the very core of the Patriot dynasty. And yet another example why he's the greatest of all time.

Pretty much the opposite of Russ Wilson in every way and why donks quit on him and all his former teammates resent or dislike him.

Reactions: KJ
Not falling for it until the season starts.

I think higher chance it true this time, 45 seemed to always be the number he spit out years ago (as we rolled our eyes, lol) and apparently same number he told teammates as well. I def think he has done some declining the past year or so, still think he has more in the tank than many, I’d rather he went out now and not when the game spit him out. Maybe he could go to a perfect situation like niners and grab 1 more ring but just as likely the decline got far more rapid and he wasn’t the answer, nobody wants to see that. Hope he for real, I think he for real right now but certainly wouldn’t surprise me if he changed his mind if he got a nudge from someone desperate for him.

This was the exact same date as last year? Lol. This becoming my least fav thing about him, he really just couldn’t stand not being talking about leading up to SB and during?!??! Why not take more time and make sure you know, and let the teams who earned the attention get it these 2 weeks. Drama queen and dick move imo, I guess nobody perfect.

I think higher chance it true this time, 45 seemed to always be the number he spit out years ago (as we rolled our eyes, lol) and apparently same number he told teammates as well. I def think he has done some declining the past year or so, still think he has more in the tank than many, I’d rather he went out now and not when the game spit him out. Maybe he could go to a perfect situation like niners and grab 1 more ring but just as likely the decline got far more rapid and he wasn’t the answer, nobody wants to see that. Hope he for real, I think he for real right now but certainly wouldn’t surprise me if he changed his mind if he got a nudge from someone desperate for him.

This was the exact same date as last year? Lol. This becoming my least fav thing about him, he really just couldn’t stand not being talking about leading up to SB and during?!??! Why not take more time and make sure you know, and let the teams who earned the attention get it these 2 weeks. Drama queen and dick move imo, I guess nobody perfect.

Brady's the goat...he can do it whenever he wants, however he wants.

Is it fair to say a lot of ppl didn’t give him enough credit for the tampa SB?? I think it was easy and somewhat popular to point out how much talent Bucs had as if plenty of talented qb’s coulda went there and won. I don’t think anyone else coulda brought it out of them because the very stuff you talking about, he totally changed a culture of mediocrity, yes they had plenty of talent but they were far from winners. I might have been guilty of this to a extent but thinking back i don’t think they would have won had they got another top 10 type qb. Maybe 1 or 2 others coulda did it, maybe not seeing all the guys who came with him who impacted that team.

Can we find a prop anywhere that Rodgers tries to stir something up in the coming week? Surely he can’t let himself be left out of any conversations this week! Lol. I thought Rodgers was another guy Brady was completely opposite of, he might have been in almost every other aspect but he has become very similar the last 2 years when his team wasn’t in SB!

If he waits to announce he is a dick to any team entertaining him as an option imo. The quicker, the classier and it isn't SB week yet anyway.

Greatest NFL player of all time and the difference between him and number two is about the same distance as Michael Jordan to Rik Smits

If he waits to announce he is a dick to any team entertaining him as an option imo. The quicker, the classier and it isn't SB week yet anyway.

Greatest NFL player of all time and the difference between him and number two is about the same distance as Michael Jordan to Rik Smits

This week or after SB doesn’t change anything for teams and doing it before SB then recanting last year surely wasn’t a effort to do anything for anyone other than his ego, Fan away but let’s call it how it is. Attention whoring 101.

This week or after SB doesn’t change anything for teams and doing it before SB then recanting last year surely wasn’t a effort to do anything for anyone other than his ego, Fan away but let’s call it how it is. Attention whoring 101.
Just wondering if you or anyone else can recall when other quarterbacks announced their retirement? I'm drawing blanks. What space of time is normal?

Just wondering if you or anyone else can recall when other quarterbacks announced their retirement? I'm drawing blanks. What space of time is normal?
How often do they retire while they would still be coveted by a lot of teams?

No clue, really hoping it not this gap before SB cause then I’ll feel wrongish. Lol. Then again most these guys probably don’t miss many chances to get themselves talked about so im guessing it better than 50% it before SB!

There‘s interest in him but i‘m not sure i‘d say anybody is „coveting“ him atm

Pretty sure the only team he’d want to play for would be SF and I don’t think they’re going to pay him 30 million to do so. He probably found this out and made his decision much easier.

Jimmy G back time!

Agree to disagree. I do that a lot these days. I am probably wrong.

50/50.

I guess hearing about him all day a little better than this stupid “1st SB with both black qb’a narrative”! I’m pretty sure both guys are half white so how can it be 2 black qbs? And if this stupid narrative didn’t come out I wouldn’t even be talking bout race, I prefer to think of them as 2 guys, it didn’t cross my mind “oh wow, they both black” until these jetkoffs wouldn’t shut up bout it. I think we at least 5 years removed from any kinda negative stereotype about black qbs so why it a thing?

50/50.

I guess hearing about him all day a little better than this stupid “1st SB with both black qb’a narrative”! I’m pretty sure both guys are half white so how can it be 2 black qbs? And if this stupid narrative didn’t come out I wouldn’t even be talking bout race, I prefer to think of them as 2 guys, it didn’t cross my mind “oh wow, they both black” until these jetkoffs wouldn’t shut up bout it. I think we at least 5 years removed from any kinda negative stereotype about black qbs so why it a thing?

Those who talk about race are the most race baiting dividers in society.

Good read. But I'm the ultimate fan boy when it comes to Brady.

"This is a story about one of the oldest active players in the history of the NFL, a sure-fire future Hall of Famer, and how he gets along with teammates who are many years younger and haven't yet proven themselves. So, close your eyes. Imagine you're Tom Brady.

Almost everybody in the U.S. knows who you are. You've been the star quarterback for the New England Patriots for 19 years. You've won five Super Bowls, and been the NFL's most valuable player three times. By the way, your wife is a supermodel.

Now, imagine you're a brand-new player on the Patriots. You were drafted in a late round maybe, or signed after a tryout. You were in grade school when Brady won his first Super Bowl.

You walk into the locker room ready for your first practice, and you feel a tap on your shoulder. You spin around and hear four words: "Hi. I'm Tom Brady."

Good read. But I'm the ultimate fan boy when it comes to Brady.

"This is a story about one of the oldest active players in the history of the NFL, a sure-fire future Hall of Famer, and how he gets along with teammates who are many years younger and haven't yet proven themselves. So, close your eyes. Imagine you're Tom Brady.

Almost everybody in the U.S. knows who you are. You've been the star quarterback for the New England Patriots for 19 years. You've won five Super Bowls, and been the NFL's most valuable player three times. By the way, your wife is a supermodel.

Now, imagine you're a brand-new player on the Patriots. You were drafted in a late round maybe, or signed after a tryout. You were in grade school when Brady won his first Super Bowl.

You walk into the locker room ready for your first practice, and you feel a tap on your shoulder. You spin around and hear four words: "Hi. I'm Tom Brady."

Im blasting him for his 2nd retirement before the SB but I’m normally a fan. I think we lucky with lot the younger next generation of great Qb’s we have. Mahomes and burrow both strike me as similar. None of them come off as the kinda douche bag wilson or Rodgers can be.

Football is too hard, you will never achieve half as much as Brady without having that kind of character. You need guys to run thru walls for you on a weekly basis, then work on it relentlessly when you not playing, good luck if guys don’t love and have a ton of respect for you.

Peter king made a pretty good point (2 actually). that might make me believe this retirement more. 1st he said tampa is basically Brady only choice cause anywhere else would be moving his family, I’m sure he don’t wanna do that (move his family or play another year for tampa). 2nd he brought up a article he wrote years ago for SI and Brady said 45 then, you know Brady drive and goals, shoulda known he would go to at least 45! I still think it way easier for him to say it now than it will be on him when things start ramping up for next season, that biggest reason waiting a little longer makes sense.

The collective sigh of relief you are hearing is from Raiders fans across the country. I believe I speak for us all when I say I am glad Brady did not suit up in Silver and Black. Not only is he old and clearly father time has caught up but we will never forget the tuck rule. He did not belong on the Raiders. He is the greatest QB to ever play the game and it is not even close, I hope he stays retired and enjoys the booth.

Saw that he posted pics of both Giselle and their kid and one with Bridget and their kid today somewhere. Pretty sure he didn't do that last year. Seems like a much more final move this time.

Saw that he posted pics of both Giselle and their kid and one with Bridget and their kid today somewhere. Pretty sure he didn't do that last year. Seems like a much more final move this time.

I agree I just think it a lot easier to say it now than it will be in a month or 2. I think he for sure believes it right now, I lean to probably being over, just not trusting same thing he said last year. The fact he has no desire or his family doesn’t want to move makes more sense, I’m positive he don’t wanna play for tampa again. Niners felt like a slam dunk to me the min purdy grabbed his elbow.

Two things

At least a 10% chance this 80 for brady promo fakeout

Are fox gonna let Greg Olsen be a 1 and done on the A team? Hes been excellent, i dont know if brady can turn 'it' off and actually criticize players and coaches, seems to care too much about public perception

Two things

Are fox gonna let Greg Olsen be a 1 and done on the A team? Hes been excellent, i dont know if brady can turn 'it' off and actually criticize players and coaches, seems to care too much about public perception
I just hope Fox did a test game with him before signing him to the deal. My fear is he is too understated for the position. He needs to take a page from Peyton and show some emotion once in a while (surprise/excitement/disgust, whatever). He doesn't need to yell as much as Romo does but just don't be TB Robot.

I just hope Fox did a test game with him before signing him to the deal. My fear is he is too understated for the position. He needs to take a page from Peyton and show some emotion once in a while (surprise/excitement/disgust, whatever). He doesn't need to yell as much as Romo does but just don't be TB Robot.

Wonder if they'd do a 3 man booth or have brady start in studio?

theres a real chance he is another drew brees

Wonder if they'd do a 3 man booth or have brady start in studio?

theres a real chance he is another drew brees

They gave him a huge deal didn’t they? Like massive? Seems crazy to do that not knowing but that probably exactly what happened.

Can you argue Brady has had 3 separate HOF careers? He for sure has 2 separate inside that career, a case could be made he was a HOF’er 3x over but they be rather short careers, huge impact in all 3 tho!

I can’t get over all the relative discount contracts he played under in his career and gets his biggest payday in the booth?? That nuts. Is there really a way they turn a profit off that? Surely nothing like the value he gave the pats which is astronomical what he got paid by them compared to what he turned the value thar franchise into. Before Tom I’m super confident saying pats were bottom 10 of franchises value and now they way up near the top I believe.

Do they think Brady doing a game Is gonna bring in a noticeable difference in viewership? Even if he turned out good I can’t see that being the case. All those Mfers got way more money than me so guess they know better than simple ass me, I don’t get it tho, lol.

Two things

Olsen is hated by all casual fans

@2daBank

I remember last year the retirement news was leaked. maybe he was trying to beat that and not have to sit on the news for a couple of weeks? who knows

I am far from a Pats fan, but the only way you can really hate the guy is if you fall under the, "success breeds contempt" category. guy just went out there and won, and came from no where. tons of respect. one of the all time greats.

@2daBank

I remember last year the retirement news was leaked. maybe he was trying to beat that and not have to sit on the news for a couple of weeks? who knows

I am far from a Pats fan, but the only way you can really hate the guy is if you fall under the, "success breeds contempt" category. guy just went out there and won, and came from no where. tons of respect. one of the all time greats.

No hate here, just little annoyance today. Dude made me a bunch of money over the years, not always on him either, I loved all those early SB’s against panthers, eagles where they laid 5-6 points and you knew they would win by 3!! He did get me in the atl redic comeback and cover. I even got a Brady jersey despite never really being a fan, money talks and they covered a lot!!

Life long Pats fan here to say who gives a shit. Sick of the BS drama that's been following him & he should've stayed retired originally.

I too wonder if he'll be good in the booth. Fox is making a big bet he will.

On the subject of bets....
Tom Brady career ATS numbers:
All games - 211-146-7 (59%)
Regular Season - 186-124-6 (60%)
Playoffs - 25-22-1 (53%)
Super Bowl - 5-5 (50%)

Back