• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Bowls - Opt Outs, Transfers, Injuries, Coaches - Complete List

I added OL Brandon Rolfe to the UTSA list. He has only started 7 games in 21 career appearances. He isn't even UTSA's best OL and he opts out to focus on "Pro Day". Is he even draftable? But he thinks missing this game makes it better for him. Maybe an 8th start and more film vs a quality DL would help more?

There will probably be some more absent names on UTSA that filters out soon. Several players were not at or participants at their final practice. HC Traylor's quote:

“We have a lot of stuff going on,” Traylor said. “Illness, and protocols, and just the way of the new world right now. So whoever shows up Tuesday, we’ll try to put a plan out there and play with them.”

god that sucks, i loved utsa in this game and thought it would be a big deal to them. i liked Harris to have a really good game regardless of McCormick cause the way to beat sdst is thru the air not on the ground. i agree they will still be somewhat balanced but Harris should have a real nice game.

I added OL Brandon Rolfe to the UTSA list. He has only started 7 games in 21 career appearances. He isn't even UTSA's best OL and he opts out to focus on "Pro Day". Is he even draftable? But he thinks missing this game makes it better for him. Maybe an 8th start and more film vs a quality DL would help more?

There will probably be some more absent names on UTSA that filters out soon. Several players were not at or participants at their final practice. HC Traylor's quote:
Haha some twat cancel culture bullshit excuse before the game kicks off

I loved this team all season too, what a shame they've done this. The incredible potential dominated by the shameful punctuation mark. SDSU probably crushes them now. Loser head coach.

Haha some twat cancel culture bullshit excuse before the game kicks off

I loved this team all season too, what a shame they've done this. The incredible potential dominated by the shameful punctuation mark. SDSU probably crushes them now. Loser head coach.

i wouldnt go pounding sdst, long as Harris play they gonna be game and will be able to move the ball, you cant trust aztecs offense imo.

was really hoping it was only McCormick tho, i understand him and it really didnt set up to be a great game for him anyways, although fresno rb mims absolutely gashed sdst. I was planning on ,looking aat McCormick under tho

One of the reasons why I put all the All Conference player thread was to reference names like this.

UTSA has had 4 of their 5 OL receive 1st, 2nd or HM All CUSA this season. The one player that wasn't? The guy who opted out, Brandon Rolfe.

By using that standard, he is the 5th best starting OL the team has, and he thinks he has a future at Pro day instead of maybe having a good game vs San Diego State?

i wouldnt go pounding sdst, long as Harris play they gonna be game and will be able to move the ball, you cant trust aztecs offense imo.
No pounding anything, pissed I no longer like UTSA now and other than his fat wallet, the HC who I liked a lot is now a proven loser

“We have a lot of stuff going on,” Traylor said. “Illness, and protocols, and just the way of the new world right now. So whoever shows up Tuesday, we’ll try to put a plan out there and play with them.”

I don't have the same reaction as KJ, I just wish he would provide more specifics.

Quote above is about as trash as it gets

seems a bit rash to turn on him over that, what he supposed to say? if he trashes kids it be used against him in recruiting down the road. i think they will have a good plan and still play with them.. it does suck cause utsa was my fav bet of bowls so far,, still think Harris over passing yards a good play tho.

seems a bit rash to turn on him over that, what he supposed to say? if he trashes kids it be used against him in recruiting down the road. i think they will have a good plan and still play with them.. it does suck cause utsa was my fav bet of bowls so far,, still think Harris over passing yards a good play tho.
He's got a new deal worth over $2 mil/yr, not sure he needs to worry about the future at this point. He's speaking his mind which isn't a positive from this POV

i still wanna bet utsa honestly., sdst is so overrated imo. ill just stick to harris prop tho

I bet San Diego State as dogs. I don't bet them as favorites. That doesn't mean they don't win and cover as favs. Just how I handle them.

I like UTSA in the game even with the names that I know who are out. However, there could be more names.

The UTSA message board said "Don Harris reported that UTSA will be without 20-25 players."

Don Harris is a sports reporter at News 4 in San Antonio. That information is not on his twitter so I can not confirm.

I bet San Diego State as dogs. I don't bet them as favorites. That doesn't mean they don't win and cover as favs. Just how I handle them.

I like UTSA in the game even with the names that I know who are out. However, there could be more names.

The UTSA message board said "Don Harris reported that UTSA will be without 20-25 players."

Don Harris is a sports reporter at News 4 in San Antonio. That information is not on his twitter so I can not confirm.
Bones should call him and confirm. We still have time.

yea i hope i dont get stuck with Harris out there with all backups but is what it is i guess. i took utsa-1 in a ats bowl contest i play last week cause thought line might go other way but obviously not with all this crap.. still like them to win if it only the guys we know, i just dont like sdst but obviously now have to worry bout if any of them even care?

How do you feel about this? The coach is opting the player out?

Drinkwitz said it was the staff’s decision to hold Badie out of what would have been his last college game.

“His heart wants to play in this game. But as coaches, at some point, we got to step back and protect our players for their future,” Drinkwitz said. “So it’s been my decision that we will not play Tyler Badie in this football game. I know that if we asked him to play he would play, and he would take every rep just like he did against Arkansas for over 40 carries. But I cannot do that to that young man. As a program, we’re not going to do that. We thank him for all he’s done. He’s been a tremendous leader and captain for our football team. And he’ll continue to do that for us (Wednesday). He will just be serving our football team in a different way.”

^^^^^. Regarding this^^ Maybe Drinkwitz wants to take a look at a couple of his younger backs and start transitioning to the future, or he knows Badie is nervous about playing, but doesn't feel comfortable sitting out so he's making the decision for him. That's probably the most likely scenario, but if not, and he's dead serious with what he's saying, I'd have to ask who the hell he thinks he is? Does he think Badie is some sort of derelict who is too stupid to make decisions for himself? What if Badie is one of these crazy people who doesn't make every decision based solely on money? Maybe his happiness isn't 100% tied up in economics, and involves things like making memories, taking pride in relationships and loyalty to his friends. Incredibly, Jaylon Brown recently said that if he had it to do over again, he would still suit up in that Fiesta Bowl, because some things in life are more important than money. It's rare, but some of these guys are driven by non-monetary reasons.

almost doesn't sound like coach is 110% in it to win the bowl game......could argue it sends a bad message to the team right before the game. That stuff should be done weeks in advance. Before you go into battle you want the war paint on and all hands on deck.

--all that said hard to think drink isn't all in. But odd.

This steam may be getting excessive in this game, from someone that liked army. ....just looking at the boxscores, army has been held to under 4 ypc more than they have gotten over 4 ypc in the run game this year when you take out uconn, umass, bucknell. Qb can't pass worth a lick. Not as formidable as an air force offense. Ball State beat them, miami oh was 1 touchdown away from covering this number - might not be as easy as the matchup looks on paper.

Last edited:
The Drinkowitz - Badie thing is stirring a lot of noise because he had previously said Badie would play, let all the bowl promotion happen, tickets sold and then 2 days before bowl he comes out with that.

Army should play Anderson every snap at QB. For some unknown reason they rotate Tyler in (and stated they will continue to do so based on"game flow"). I don't know what Tyler brings to the table. He's the worse passer and Anderson when I've watched is just as good of a runner.

The Drinkowitz - Badie thing is stirring a lot of noise because he had previously said Badie would play, let all the bowl promotion happen, tickets sold and then 2 days before bowl he comes out with that.

Army should play Anderson every snap at QB. For some unknown reason they rotate Tyler in (and stated they will continue to do so based on"game flow"). I don't know what Tyler brings to the table. He's the worse passer and Anderson when I've watched is just as good of a runner.
Tyler never hands off, from what I've seen

This steam may be getting excessive in this game, from someone that liked army. ....just looking at the boxscores, army has been held to under 4 ypc more than they have gotten over 4 ypc in the run game this year when you take out uconn, umass, bucknell. Qb can't pass worth a lick. Not as formidable as an air force offense. Ball State beat them, miami oh was 1 touchdown away from covering this number - might not be as easy as the matchup looks on paper.

Army -7 on neutral vs SEC not named Vandy. That is pretty damning for Missouri. The Tiger D gives no one confidence.

I hate that Badie is out as that definitely would've given Mizzou O a good chance to compete.

Honestly don't hate that Bazelak is out, or backup, for this game. He was pretty bad this year, so really not missing much with him out the way he's played all year.

Army -7 vs SEC, man...I think there is only one thing I can do with that. If you know me well enough, you know what it is.

During an era when college football players are opting out to jump-start their pro careers, Kennedy Brooks is staying with his OU teammates to play Oregon in the Alamo Bowl.
Did he consider sitting out Wednesday’s contest?
“I was raised to just think that if you’re going to start something, finish it. I never thought about it,” Brooks said. “Having another chance to play this game is a blessing. Me opting out (for the entire season) last year, I missed it. So I ain’t trying to opt out and miss more games. I love this opportunity to play against Oregon. I think it’ll be fun.”

Brooks admits he’ll address his future after the bowl game, but “my focus is just to try to beat Oregon and play this game.”

Olave, Wilson, more. Team wants nothing to do with this game. And it gave back 1/3 of the ticket allotment. Never thought I'd see that with OSU fans, ever.

Feels too easy now with Utah.

I still can’t bet them cause I don’t think they very good. I suppose their physical nature vs a uninterested team might be enough?

Not a great team but pretty good. I'm not sold on OSU's defense and they're losing a big player via opt out and now some very big hits on offense as mentioned. Whittingham is great in bowls and this is shaping up to be like a home game for Utah. They will be there in droves. 75+% of the Rose Bowl.

Last edited:
Is there any player or roster news for North Carolina State? For some reason I can't find much if any news on them.

Not a great team but pretty good. I'm not sold on OSU's defense and they're losing a big player via opt out and now some very big hits on offense as mentioned. Whittingham is great in bowls and this is shaping up to be like a home game for Utah. They will be there in droves. 75+% of the Rose Bowl.
Sad day when the "Rose" isn't big enough for players to not opt out...

• Sad
Reactions: KJ
Those fans maybe didn't buy through the school. Lots of avenues to buy tickets and older alumni and fans not local in Ohio might buy from other outlets.

The article I read on it says they indeed returned a stack of their unsold tickets for this year's Rose Bowl, but it has happened before recently for past bowl games also for OSU allotment to not be sold out. This year the number or percentage of unsold tickets was more though.

Would think there are enough OSU fans on the West Coast to at least sell their allotment

I would have thought so but apparently not the case.

"Ohio State sold about two-thirds of its allotment of tickets for next week’s Rose Bowl. In an email, associate athletic director for ticketing and premium seating Brett Scarbrough said the school had sold approximately 13,000 of its allotted 20,000 tickets for the Jan. 1 bowl game against Utah. The rest have been returned to the Rose Bowl."

Back