• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Baseball Stadium Orientations - Ballpark Shadows - watching MLB online(?)

beat me to it BAR. that site is actually really good, probably the best one around to watch baseball

Would like to donate if details allow

Dear Bar,
I was directed to a similar site that wanted my password before I could get to baseball. It would not accept myp2pforum pass so after a while it asked for my Email and it promised to send my pass. The only problem was the two words it required to avoid spam and both these words had vowels on top of letters like Whether with a dot right over the r like it was an i. I guess I could find a way to do this but it rubbed me the wrong way to have to waste 2 hours before I can make a small contribution.
I was in a car accident with a DUI creep smashing into my home and am stuck at home while I heal ever so slowly. Even though I can't work this whole idea of viewing games sounds great to pass time. Then again I have used mlb audio for 5 years and their video the first year it was offered. It was actually bundled with MSN broadband at no extra cost. As great as that was until this year I would constantly be cut off for using more than one computer almost evertime I would change the channel.This year is much better so far.
What do you advice I should do ? Should I start another account, make my contribution and have the option to view some choice games. Right now MLB policy is to automatically bill me everyear for MLB audio unless I stop them but that doesn't mean I am not interested or can't upgrade to video.
Would people who have donated have a password that they can use to watch a game. I don't think we could get away with one account watched by 20-30 fans can we? Anychance you can send me a P.M. with a simplistic but coherent answer or plan on how this would work vis a vis MLB. I have used P2P numerous times,and MLB for 6 years but I don't get how we can chip in and everyone can watch. Is it similiar to the sports bar permits or am I missing a big part of the design
Regards
Ken aka Jasper11
PS Don't believe we ever really had conversation but this once years ago which I doubt you would recall. The UofAriz. was playing LSU(in football) in Tucson and I was staying with a girl who slept in the dorm that many of the players were fraternizing and partying all evening long. I lived in Tucson, 3 blocks from the UofAriz. and worked on campus.Without telegraphing my identity I warned people that the UofAriz were really missing rest leading me to conclude that they may not be ready for this first big early test. In this case the messenger (me) was attacked with curses and crude remarks like who asked your opinion and what the f**k do you know and I didn't invite you into my thread! Being very new I just reminded everyone how no good deed ever goes unpunished and didn't post another word.In no time it was 21-3 LSU favor and it only got worse for the Uof A. What I remember clearly was the many many sacks by LSU.
I also distinctly recall you posting a pat on the back adding nice pick Jasper,way to go. This was a few years ago but it made me feel much better about you and this great site. I think you had welcomed me to the site also. I still prefer to keep my own council but with the fine cappers and gentlemen you have posting here you need me like you need a whole in the head.I will say this I have had a great two year run,somewhat fueled by an 18-1 future wager win that the Giants would get to the superbowl,but otherwise stimulated by great CTG posts (like Rex,Timh,etc)and first-rate conversations that can only energize and improve one's own capping

:cheers: :cheers:

Just finished watching the SF/LAD extra inning game at Dodger Stadium aka Chavez Latrine. The shadows started after 5pm and by 5:30 they were affecting the play. Although a cheap HR was hit and a couple of other runs scored, they do not help anybody hitting at that time!

didnt want to start a new sticky so just put this in here...lots of good info

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Baltimore Orioles

Orioles
Baltimore Sun
Brittany Ghiroli
Brittany Ghirolli (MLB Blog)
Dan Connolly
Roch Kubatko
Eduardo A. Encina
Steve Melewski

Boston Red Sox
Red Sox
Boston Red Sox Report
Jenny Dell
Jen Royle
Gordon Edes
Pete Abraham
Maureen Mullen
Michael Silverman
Brian Macpherson
Rob Bradford
Alex Speier
Ian Browne
Ian Browne (MLB Blog)
Scott Lauber
Joe MacDonald
Sean McAdam

Chicago White Sox
White Sox
Chicago White Sox Sun Times
Daryl Van Schouwen
Chris De Luca
Doug Padilla
Scott Merkin
Scott Merkin (MLB Blog)
Mark Gonzales
Phil Rogers
Bruce Levine

Cleveland Indians
Indians
Jordan Bastian
Jordan Bastian (MLB Blog)
Paul Hoynes
Nick Camino
Bud Shaw

Detroit Tigers
Tigers
Rod Allen
Jason Beck
Jason Beck (MLB Blog)
John Lowe
Mario Impemba

Houston Astros
Astros
Brian McTaggart
Brian McTaggart (MLB Blog)
Brian T. Smith
Jose de Jesus Ortiz
Houston Chronicle

Kansas City Royals
Royals
Bob Dutton

Los Angeles Angels
Angels
Mike DiGiovanna
Alden Gonzalez
Alden Gonzalez (MLB Blog)

Minnesota Twins
Twins
Mike Berardino
Rhett Bollinger
Rhett Bollinger (MLB Blog)
LaVelle E. Neal III
Tyler Mason
New York Yankees
Yankees
Meredith Marakovits
Joel Sherman
Mark Simon
Bryan Hock
Bryan Hoch (MLB Blog)
Andy McCullough
Mark Feinsand
John Harper
Sweeny Murti
Jack Curry
Daniel Barbarisi
Chad Jennings
Oakland Athletics
Athletics
Jane Lee
Jane Lee (MLB Blog)
Casey Pratt
John Hickey
Jerry McDonald
Susan Slusser
Seattle Mariners
Mariners
Greg Johns
Greg Johns (MLB Blog)
Geoff Baker
Ryan Divish
Tampa Bay Rays
Rays
Mark Topkins
Roger Mooney
Bill Chastain
Bill Chastain (MLB Blog)
Texas Rangers
Rangers
TR Sullivan
TR Sullivan (MLB Blog)
Evan Grant
Jeff Wilson
Drew Davison
Toronto Blue Jays
Blue Jays
Gregor Chisholm
Gregor Chisholm (MLB Blog)
Shi Davidi
John Lott
Bob Elliot
Barry Davis
Brendan Kennedy
Jeff Blair
Jamie Campb

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Arizona Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks
Steve Gilbert
Steve Gilbert (MLB Blog)
Nick Piecoro
Jack Magruder

Atlanta Braves
Braves
David O'Brien
Mark Bowman
Mark Bowman (MLB Blog)

Chicago Cubs
Cubs
Jesse Rogers
Carrie Muskat
Carrie Muskat (MLB Blog)
Patrick Mooney
Phil Rogers
Paul Sullivan
Gordon Wittenmyer
Bruce Levine

Cincinnati Reds
Reds
John Fay
Mark Sheldon
Mark Sheldon (MLB Blog)
Hal McCoy
C. Trent Rosecrans

Colorado Rockies
Rockies
Thomas Harding
Thomas Harding (MLB Blog)
Troy Renck
Patrick Saunders
Paul Klee

Los Angeles Dodgers
Dodgers
Ken Gurnick
Ken Gurnick (MLB Blog)
Bill Shaikin
Dylan Hernandez
Bill Plunkett
Steve Dilbeck

Miami Marlins
Marlins
Joe Frisario
Joe Frisario (MLB Blog)
Juan C. Rodriguez
Joe Capozzi
Clark Spencer
Milwaukee Brewers
Brewers
Tom Haudricourt
Adam McCalvy
Adam McCalvy (MLB Blog)
Mike Vassallo
Joe Smith
Todd Rosiak

New York Mets
Mets
Mark Simon
Anthony DiComo
Anthony DiComo (MLB Blog)
Adam Rubin
Andy Martino
Mike Puma
David Lennon
Kevin Burkhardt
Philadelphia Phillies
Phillies
Todd Zolecki
Todd Zolecki (MLB Blog)
Jim Salisbury
Matt Gelb
Ryan Lawrence
Kevin Cooney
Pittsburgh Pirates
Pirates
Rob Biertemfel
Bill Brink
Michael Sanserino
Tom Singer (MLB Blog)
Tom Singer
San Diego Padres
Padres
Corey Brock
Corey Brock (MLB Blog)
U~T San Diego
San Francisco Giants
Giants
Andrew Baggarly
John Shea
Amy Gutierrez
Alex Pavlovic
Chris Haft (MLB Blog)
Chris Haft
St. Louis Cardinals
Cardinals
Jenifer Langosch
Jenifer Langosch (MLB Blog)
Derrick Goold
Bernie Miklasz
Washington Nationals
Nationals
Bill Ladson
Bill Ladson (MLB Blog)
Amanda Comak
Alyson Footer
Mark Zuckerman
Adam Kilgore
Dan Kolko
James Wagner

so does this work as you would logically think it would?

If the wind is blowing 10 MPH directly east, and you take yankee stadium which points directly east, doest that mean the batter has 10 Miles of wind directly at his back?

Does the stadium block the wind, and cause it to swirl differently?
Would there instead be a windstream up at a certain point in the air?

Does the temperature/humidity have an effect on this as well?

I can remember some stadiums maybe even in football where the flags will be blowing one way at one point of the stadium, but other flags will be blowing a different direction. I believe the actual tall structure of the stadium will give say Giants stadium swirling winds.

Can anybody comment on how to interpret this data. Is it really as simple as everybody assumes?

first off, awesome thread. but c-gold might have a point when it comes to the ballpark in arlington. wind blowing in can sometimes create a "jet stream" that carries fly balls out of the park.

Thats an awesome tool for baseball cappers

cant believe ive never seen this thread before, def helpful having them all in one place like this, only problem is it not showing up in anyway i can read on my chromebook.

Back