• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

All-Star Weekend Discussion

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This particular weekend has certainly lost the luster but maybe we can make a few bucks on the events...

I locked in TEAM LEBRON ML -140 for now.

His team has beaten TEAM GIANNIS each and every time they have played. The big thing here though is that Giannis left Thursday's game with a wrist injury. His status I would assume is fully up in the air. That is potentially a huge loss for that side.

I'm just taking the number for now. This is the first year of drafting the teams an hour before the game.

Elsewhere, this is quite the interesting Dunk Contest field. Mac McClung is priced as the favorite.

Fun 3pt field. The only one I think has zero chance is Julius Randle.

Skills challenge? Could Giannis status be an issue here?

I need to read up on the Rising stars challenge, as there are 4 teams listed.

Used to be I just bet the asg over and sat back waiting to count my money, I don’t really know how that been effected by the goofy way they now do the 4th qrtr. Seems like ppl like it but I really don’t understand it and havnt messed e asg since they changed. I guess with however much time left they turn off the clock and set a number you have to hit to win the game, is that how it goes? So would you know if you won the total the minute they turn off the clock and set winning number I guess? Do they still post a total for it? I dunno why leagues are always Fuckin w a good thing? I always liked nba all star weekend but since the change I’ve barely watched. Slam dunk not worth a damn anymore. Still like the 3 point contest. Pretty sure the young guns game always super high scoring also? Now they have 4 teams and play a mini tourney? How that work? Obviously games have to be much shorter? Once again I was much happier when they just played rookies vs 2nd year in 1 normal game.

If it's the same as the last few years the fourth quarter is completely untimed. The leading team needs to add 24 points to its total to win (called the target score), while the trailing team needs to reach that target score from whatever number they're starting with.

So would you know if you won the total the minute they turn off the clock and set winning number I guess?
Not quite. Depends if the total is less than 24 points away after 3 quarters. If not then you'll have to see how much the trailing team can add to the total.

You could be a guaranteed winner to the under too. If the target score ends up to be less than half the total you know you've got a winner. There is no OT to screw it up.

If it's the same as the last few years the fourth quarter is completely untimed. The leading team needs to add 24 points to its total to win (called the target score), while the trailing team needs to reach that target score from whatever number they're starting with.

I didn’t realize they did that at beginning the 4th or at some point during. So do they set a total and we just know if the over:under hit the minute they set the score to reach?

Not quite. Depends if the total is less than 24 points away after 3 quarters. If not then you'll have to see how much the trailing team can add to the total.

You could be a guaranteed winner to the under too. If the target score ends up to be less than half the total you know you've got a winner. There is no OT to screw it up.

Oh gotcha. So it possible you have the over in bag if the 24 points added takes it over the number, but if not then you need the trailing team to score their share. Or it could be there no chance of going over if it ends a 1 point game but the combined score of both teams doesn’t get you over the number?

Oh gotcha. So it possible you have the over in bag if the 24 points added takes it over the number, but if not then you need the trailing team to score their share. Or it could be there no chance of going over if it ends a 1 point game but the combined score of both teams doesn’t get you over the number?
Correct

Or how many times the trailing team has been able to get to the number 1st? Feel like I saw the end of one where the trailing team won. Seems like this might be a good thing to live bet?

`
How many years they done this now? You know what the over/under record been since going to this format?
Started in 2020 after Kobe's helicopter crash. That's where the 24 number came from.
  • 2020: Team LeBron 157, Team Giannis 155 - the only comeback with Lebron winning the 4th 33-22
  • 2021: Team LeBron 170, Team Durant 150 - 49 points in the 4th
  • 2022: Team Lebron 163, Team Durant 160 - 46 points in the 4th
I don't know the totals for each year but the last 3 are all under this year's total of 325.5. And no Curry to bomb in 3s this year.

It seems kinda crazy we can bet the side without knowing who playing for each team! Lol. Lebron obviously the better team builder!!

`

Started in 2020 after Kobe's helicopter crash. That's where the 24 number came from.
  • 2020: Team LeBron 157, Team Giannis 155 - the only comeback with Lebron winning the 4th 33-22
  • 2021: Team LeBron 170, Team Durant 150 - 49 points in the 4th
  • 2022: Team Lebron 163, Team Durant 160 - 46 points in the 4th
I don't know the totals for each year but the last 3 are all under this year's total of 325.5. And no Curry to bomb in 3s this year.

Well it just sucks they took away what I always thought was a easy bet to make on asg over.

Like Team Pau vs Deron. Any team with Jose Alvarado in an exhibition I’ll take. Ivey will be fastest player on the court, too, although he can’t shoot. Paolo could be best player in that game. Team Deron seems a little stiff with bigs and a lot of low % swings.

team joakim +275. Using the older style, sophomores always beat the rookies. No way joakim is losing to a g league team. Then you have options in the finals

Oddly not really. They prob have a decent idea, unless one the managers goes crazy picking like a mad man it prob won’t move more than point or 2.

Just seems weird that lebron vs Giannis alone has lebron favored by so much…

Like Team Pau vs Deron. Any team with Jose Alvarado in an exhibition I’ll take. Ivey will be fastest player on the court, too, although he can’t shoot. Paolo could be best player in that game. Team Deron seems a little stiff with bigs and a lot of low % swings.

Wish they were all this easy. Love capping exhibition games vs real games.

Wish I hit joakim more. -180 was a gift. Levels to this . I’d guess pau to win

Ah it was 2.5 when I bet it so just took the ML -165 in the parlay, didn't even know it's only 25

DK in NY didn’t have it. Rivers did but was -4 -210. That’s like the equivalent of laying 20 in a full game lol. No thanks

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Entertaining games

Best part of the Ice Cube league is the target scoring, like it in shit like this too

Just seems weird that lebron vs Giannis alone has lebron favored by so much…

Not really, don’t Lebron win every year? He is def better at constructing his team than Giannis is! I get what you saying just bron v Giannis obviously Giannis should be favored but it bout who they pick. I kinda doubt Giannis even plays since he was questionable last game then had to leave in 1st qrtr. Not sure bron will play heavy minutes nursing that foot injury.

Not really, don’t Lebron win every year? He is def better at constructing his team than Giannis is! I get what you saying just bron v Giannis obviously Giannis should be favored but it bout who they pick. I kinda doubt Giannis even plays since he was questionable last game then had to leave in 1st qrtr. Not sure bron will play heavy minutes nursing that foot injury.

Yeah you’re right. Lebron takes this serious. He loves winning meaningless games like the all star game and the bubble invitational.

buddy Hield +450 seems like best value to with the 3 point contest. Anyone got a guy they like better? Obviously can’t go wrong w dame just want more plus money! I was thinking dame to hit his star shots maybe? Who else got the kind of range to hit both of those?

i don’t even know who these dudes are in dunk contest, what a shit show that has turned into.

Dame over 1.5 the star range shots +500, he only one I trust could make both, not sure I want that in 1st round tho!

I like 3 team RR in groups of 2 to make ov 3.5 of bonus rack

Dame
Heild
Markkanen

All plus money so hitting 2 of 3 be ok, all 3 pay awesome! The big time guys rise to top on bonus rack! 4 of 5 see it all the time.

Heild to win +450

Think those my bets,

I like 3 team RR in groups of 2 to make ov 3.5 of bonus rack

Dame
Heild
Markkanen

All plus money so hitting 2 of 3 be ok, all 3 pay awesome! The big time guys rise to top on bonus rack! 4 of 5 see it all the time.

Heild to win +450

Think those my bets,

Oh and dame +500 to hit both the long distance star shots!

Luka 1st star picked +175? Or would bron go Kyrie to send a message? He only +300, gotta think bron needs 1st pick for that to work.

These dicks wouldn’t let me parlay anything together in 3 contest: not even guys to make whatever their number was in 1st round. What a bunch of horse shit: like im wanting to make big bets and lay juice, cockroaches.

I took Dame to hit both star shots +500
Heild to win +425
Markkanen to win +650
Markkenan 25+ in 1st +350
Heild 25+ in 1st +170

Since they wouldn’t let me parlay anything that all I did.

These dicks wouldn’t let me parlay anything together in 3 contest: not even guys to make whatever their number was in 1st round. What a bunch of horse shit: like im wanting to make big bets and lay juice, cockroaches.

I took Dame to hit both star shots +500
Heild to win +425
Markkanen to win +650
Markkenan 25+ in 1st +350
Heild 25+ in 1st +170

Since they wouldn’t let me parlay anything that all I did.
They will let me do SGP with the profit boost

Back