• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

ALDS: Red Sox vs. Rays Discussion Thread

wonder how many of those were scored vs BAL

but BOS could have done the same and play in a ballpark that you can actually hit HR unlike TB

Didnt TB lead the league in runs per game? :headscratch:

This is where I was about to go. I think both you and Inspekdah have it. The play here feels like the TB runline and/or the over. If TB has one of their good games, they may hit that total themselves.

wonder how many of those were scored vs BAL

but BOS could have done the same and play in a ballpark that you can actually hit HR unlike TB
Not sure what I’m gonna take yet, but not sure how you can confidently say Red Sox have the better lineup—better names, yes, but results speak for themselves. Also, boston, tb, balty are in the same divison….boston had just as much of an opportunity to beat up on balty as tb did.

i grade lineups by HR threats and i think BOS have more, but i was hoping to back TB

How often do these series get decided by HRs? Serious question I’m not sure the answer, just seems like pitching and timely hitting usually prevails over sluggers in the playoffs.

How often do these series get decided by HRs? Serious question I’m not sure the answer, just seems like pitching and timely hitting usually prevails over sluggers in the playoffs.
surely HR are down in the playoffs, but i feel like that makes them even more important

If you cap umps this series is incredible

G2- Reyburn under
G3- Holbrook (used to be great for over, sharp turn to hard under)
G4- Kulpa (one of the best under guys in our lifetimes)
G5- G Gibson great for overs

Think rays gonna make real quick work of Boston., they just a way better team and they got guys who thrive in this environment!!

Honest question, if you like the Rays today (and at even or better, I get it), why wouldn't you bet the Rays to win the series at +220?

If they win today, you're going to get plus money on the Red Sox in Game Five. You might get a decent price at a middle shot on the +1.5 as well.

Thank God, I really didn't like those yellow Bruins uniforms that they made the Red Sox wear. The best city jerseys to me were the Diamondbacks. Just fantastic. Followed by the White Sox. And both the White Sox and Marlins got great hats out of the deal.

I may take a ride on this over tonight. I know it's 9.5, but it's even money and I have trouble seeing the Rays go down without a fight. I figure, if the Rays win, they're going to kind of pound this team, and if they lose it will look something like the other night 6-4, 6-5, something like that.

Honest question, if you like the Rays today (and at even or better, I get it), why wouldn't you bet the Rays to win the series at +220?

If they win today, you're going to get plus money on the Red Sox in Game Five. You might get a decent price at a middle shot on the +1.5 as well.

+100 tonight and -150 g5 would pay close to +240. It’s in the ballpark of +220

Back