• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

264 ~ The Diamond Shines!

Rest of my bullshit:
  • Pereira by KO ...Extremely athletic and still young enough to develop, Michel Pereira is a fighter reborn. Tossing aside the wild unorthodox striking that entertained during his early UFC tenure, Pereira now favors more technical striking. While the proposed barn-burner against Khaos Williams never truly set alight, Pereira fought behind an educated jab. Without lunging in erratically, Pereira forced Williams into setting the pace which the frighteningly powerful counter puncher was unable to do. Huge strides need to be made before Pereira can comfortably box to decisions vs elite opponents, but the natural athletic base is there. As tough as Niko is, I just can't see him avoiding stoppage for 15 minutes.
  • Griffin ...If Max would just use his wrestling, this would be a far easier fight to call. Unfortunately, despite solid wrestling chops, it would be easy. But Griffin often only utilises his wrestling when he is well behind on the scorecards. While Griffin can tangle with Condit on the feet, Condit’s durability and volume are more likely to catch the scorer’s eyes. This is a very winnable fight for Condit, but his TDD will forever remain an issue. Small play on Max.
  • Sugga by KO ...Is this anything other than a tailor-made win for O’Malley and his biscuit legs? What is most frustrating is that O’Malley now takes a monumental step back after the wonderfully hard fought bout vs Almeida. Often failing to correctly gauge the striking range, Moutinho drops his hands at the worst possible times. Considering O’Malley’s strength, speed and power, Moutinho is going to struggle to gain any sort of foothold. This one likely doesn't see the end on round 1!
  • Tuivasa ITD ...Tai is a very poor fighter, but he has the chin and style that could break Hardy’s questionable mental. Although the ex-NFL player has made huge leaps in his skillset, his gas tank will forever remain an issue. The chance of Hardy catching a KO in the first round is definitely possible. Tuivasa wades forward with little nuance, often relying on his natural durability, while Hardy can effectively time hard counters. Still, if Tuivasa can keep his head between his shoulders, his relentless pressure will eventually lead to overwhelming Hardy against the cage. Dirty boxing and leg kicks will drag Hardy into a world of trouble and force him to look for a way out well before 15 minutes have elapsed.
  • Wonderboy ...If there were ever a fighter who deserved another title shot, it would be WB. Technically polished on the outside, Thompson bleeds opponents with sidekicks and jabs, before landing simple but lightning-fast boxing combinations. A master of controlling distance and angles, Wonderboy changes entry by mere inches to fire shots through an opponent’s guard. Burns is a live dog in this affair, especially when considering his freakish power and affinity for burning hot starts. The Brazilian’s chopping low kick also offers a counter to Thompson’s liquid footwork. The visible decline in Burns’ output past the first round, however, could leave him a sitting duck. More so when considering Burns’ lack of head movement and often blind power shots. While Burns’ BJJ remains a factor, his wrestling isn’t on a level to threaten Wonderboy and will likely rely on a knockdown to get this to the ground.1625934296629.png
  • Poirier ITD ...In a make or break fight for McGregor, it makes it incredibly difficult to predict whether the Irishman is still capable of putting aside his ego and implementing necessary changes to his approach. Poirier’s low kicks may have reigned supreme last time out, but his awkward shoulder rolls and crisp counter punching were also vital to Dustin’s victory. Poirier’s durability, southpaw stance and wrestling also created questions for McGregor, without considering the clear conditioning issues he experiences during the championship rounds. Still, Conor is ever dangerous in the first round, McGregor carries a nuclear-left hand alongside a canny knack of reading opponents from the get-go. Undoubtedly, McGregor will be capable of responding to Poirier’s kicking barrage by retracting his lead leg, trading low kicks or awkwardly checking the low kicks. Rather, McGregor’s biggest change needs to be towards his over-extension on the left straight. While McGregor was able to catch Poirier flush a couple of times, more often than not the Irishman was peppered with a sharp jab or hard right hook. With a greater focus on Poirier’s body, wide open as a result of his awkward high guard, McGregor’s stabbing front kicks or a probing body jab would create Diamond real defensive issues. When considering the vast improvements made to Poirier’s game over the years, however, it is far safer to predict Poirier riding an early storm before finishing an exhausted McGregor.
IZIZS11.jpeg

ocYWFtu.jpeg

My top selectionsATM: Pereira, Tuivasa, Giles/DuPlessis wont go the distance

• Bonus note: Over the course of his 17 fight MMA career,
    x9ivvcxyida71.jpg
    Du Plessis has never gone the distance. 17 fights, all which have ended before the judges were involved. Now, granted, we’ve seen only 3 minutes of Du Plessis in the UFC, but the man was throwing real volume at an average of 7.22 strikes landed per minute against Markus Perez. Du Plessis showed the power he has in his standup by knocking out Perez, who had never been knocked out prior to their bout. However, Du Plessis also absorbed a decent amount of strikes in his debut, 4.16 per minute to be exact. This level of strike absorbtion vs an opponent like Giles could prove very costly for Du Plessis. As a final caveat for Du Plessis, I want to note that he really does leave his head open and absorbs a decent amount of strikes to it as a result, as indicated by the fact that Perez landed 57% of his in his last fight. In Giles' previous fight vs a patient Dolidze, Giles had a fantastic opportunity to finish the fight after rocking Dolidze on the feet, but he inexplicably chose to attempt an unwise submission. However, the fight was yet another showcase how heavy Giles’ right hand is when it lands properly. His previous fight was his 3rd professional fight out of 16 to go the distance. It should be noted that Giles has shown a talent of avoiding strikes thus far in his UFC career. In fact, he has the lowest strikes absorbed per minute average in UFC middleweight division at 1.88. However, in a fight like this against an opponent like Du Plessis, Giles cannot afford to skirt around him avoiding strikes, as Du Plessis will certainly take the fight to him by any means necessary. It should also be noted that when Giles throws strikes, they are methodical and land at a high average rate of 53.7%. Expect a standup-heavy fight, with a KO potentially coming from either side. Both of these guys definitely have knockout power in their arsenal, and it will be interesting to see the outcome if / when either of them get caught with a solid strike. I like the aggression of Du Plessis, but I could see him getting caught by Giles in one of the standup exchanges. There is also the possibility of Giles getting rocked and (potentially) submitted by BJJ black belt Du Plessis, who already has 9 submissions on his record. Additional note: Du Plessis looked like he had gained a decent amount of muscle mass since his last fight...looking absolutely ripped at the weigh-ins.

[2-1 +1.63u]
  • 1.8/1.71 Trevin Giles -105
  • 3/2.73 Giles / Du Plessis UNDER 2½ -110

I need a new book, both BAS and Heritage don't have ITD, points handicap or many other props. I try to stay with reduced juice books because I have so many play but can anyone recommend a decent book with more MMA props? 5D was the king!!!

[3-2 +2.5u]
  • 1/3.50 Topuria vs Hall - Hall by Submission +350

See the lack of prop cost me there as one of my top plays would have been last fight not to go distance around -170. I figured it could have been late KO when they gassed so I went much smaller on the U2'

This next fight is really to close to call, just taking a flier on Hall by sub at decent odds.

[6-4 +6.44u]

• 1.2/1.04 Yana Kunitskaya -115
  • 3.6/2.25 Stephen Thompson -160

Herb saved me as that kid wasnt quitting :oops:

From earlier I still have
  • 5/4.00 Tai Tuivasa -125

[2-1 +1.63u]
  • 1.8/1.71 Trevin Giles -105
  • 3/2.73 Giles / Du Plessis UNDER 2½ -110

I need a new book, both BAS and Heritage don't have ITD, points handicap or many other props. I try to stay with reduced juice books because I have so many play but can anyone recommend a decent book with more MMA props? 5D was the king!!!
BAS has lagged since the switch to the new platform. Boxing, mma, tennis stink there and lots of the options on those are gone

Rest of my bullshit:
  • Pereira by KO ...Extremely athletic and still young enough to develop, Michel Pereira is a fighter reborn. Tossing aside the wild unorthodox striking that entertained during his early UFC tenure, Pereira now favors more technical striking. While the proposed barn-burner against Khaos Williams never truly set alight, Pereira fought behind an educated jab. Without lunging in erratically, Pereira forced Williams into setting the pace which the frighteningly powerful counter puncher was unable to do. Huge strides need to be made before Pereira can comfortably box to decisions vs elite opponents, but the natural athletic base is there. As tough as Niko is, I just can't see him avoiding stoppage for 15 minutes.
  • Griffin ...If Max would just use his wrestling, this would be a far easier fight to call. Unfortunately, despite solid wrestling chops, it would be easy. But Griffin often only utilises his wrestling when he is well behind on the scorecards. While Griffin can tangle with Condit on the feet, Condit’s durability and volume are more likely to catch the scorer’s eyes. This is a very winnable fight for Condit, but his TDD will forever remain an issue. Small play on Max.
  • Sugga by KO ...Is this anything other than a tailor-made win for O’Malley and his biscuit legs? What is most frustrating is that O’Malley now takes a monumental step back after the wonderfully hard fought bout vs Almeida. Often failing to correctly gauge the striking range, Moutinho drops his hands at the worst possible times. Considering O’Malley’s strength, speed and power, Moutinho is going to struggle to gain any sort of foothold. This one likely doesn't see the end on round 1!
  • Tuivasa ITD ...Tai is a very poor fighter, but he has the chin and style that could break Hardy’s questionable mental. Although the ex-NFL player has made huge leaps in his skillset, his gas tank will forever remain an issue. The chance of Hardy catching a KO in the first round is definitely possible. Tuivasa wades forward with little nuance, often relying on his natural durability, while Hardy can effectively time hard counters. Still, if Tuivasa can keep his head between his shoulders, his relentless pressure will eventually lead to overwhelming Hardy against the cage. Dirty boxing and leg kicks will drag Hardy into a world of trouble and force him to look for a way out well before 15 minutes have elapsed.
  • Wonderboy ...If there were ever a fighter who deserved another title shot, it would be WB. Technically polished on the outside, Thompson bleeds opponents with sidekicks and jabs, before landing simple but lightning-fast boxing combinations. A master of controlling distance and angles, Wonderboy changes entry by mere inches to fire shots through an opponent’s guard. Burns is a live dog in this affair, especially when considering his freakish power and affinity for burning hot starts. The Brazilian’s chopping low kick also offers a counter to Thompson’s liquid footwork. The visible decline in Burns’ output past the first round, however, could leave him a sitting duck. More so when considering Burns’ lack of head movement and often blind power shots. While Burns’ BJJ remains a factor, his wrestling isn’t on a level to threaten Wonderboy and will likely rely on a knockdown to get this to the ground.View attachment 56776
  • Poirier ITD ...In a make or break fight for McGregor, it makes it incredibly difficult to predict whether the Irishman is still capable of putting aside his ego and implementing necessary changes to his approach. Poirier’s low kicks may have reigned supreme last time out, but his awkward shoulder rolls and crisp counter punching were also vital to Dustin’s victory. Poirier’s durability, southpaw stance and wrestling also created questions for McGregor, without considering the clear conditioning issues he experiences during the championship rounds. Still, Conor is ever dangerous in the first round, McGregor carries a nuclear-left hand alongside a canny knack of reading opponents from the get-go. Undoubtedly, McGregor will be capable of responding to Poirier’s kicking barrage by retracting his lead leg, trading low kicks or awkwardly checking the low kicks. Rather, McGregor’s biggest change needs to be towards his over-extension on the left straight. While McGregor was able to catch Poirier flush a couple of times, more often than not the Irishman was peppered with a sharp jab or hard right hook. With a greater focus on Poirier’s body, wide open as a result of his awkward high guard, McGregor’s stabbing front kicks or a probing body jab would create Diamond real defensive issues. When considering the vast improvements made to Poirier’s game over the years, however, it is far safer to predict Poirier riding an early storm before finishing an exhausted McGregor.
IZIZS11.jpeg

ocYWFtu.jpeg

My top selectionsATM: Pereira, Tuivasa, Giles/DuPlessis wont go the distance

• Bonus note: Over the course of his 17 fight MMA career,
    x9ivvcxyida71.jpg
    Du Plessis has never gone the distance. 17 fights, all which have ended before the judges were involved. Now, granted, we’ve seen only 3 minutes of Du Plessis in the UFC, but the man was throwing real volume at an average of 7.22 strikes landed per minute against Markus Perez. Du Plessis showed the power he has in his standup by knocking out Perez, who had never been knocked out prior to their bout. However, Du Plessis also absorbed a decent amount of strikes in his debut, 4.16 per minute to be exact. This level of strike absorbtion vs an opponent like Giles could prove very costly for Du Plessis. As a final caveat for Du Plessis, I want to note that he really does leave his head open and absorbs a decent amount of strikes to it as a result, as indicated by the fact that Perez landed 57% of his in his last fight. In Giles' previous fight vs a patient Dolidze, Giles had a fantastic opportunity to finish the fight after rocking Dolidze on the feet, but he inexplicably chose to attempt an unwise submission. However, the fight was yet another showcase how heavy Giles’ right hand is when it lands properly. His previous fight was his 3rd professional fight out of 16 to go the distance. It should be noted that Giles has shown a talent of avoiding strikes thus far in his UFC career. In fact, he has the lowest strikes absorbed per minute average in UFC middleweight division at 1.88. However, in a fight like this against an opponent like Du Plessis, Giles cannot afford to skirt around him avoiding strikes, as Du Plessis will certainly take the fight to him by any means necessary. It should also be noted that when Giles throws strikes, they are methodical and land at a high average rate of 53.7%. Expect a standup-heavy fight, with a KO potentially coming from either side. Both of these guys definitely have knockout power in their arsenal, and it will be interesting to see the outcome if / when either of them get caught with a solid strike. I like the aggression of Du Plessis, but I could see him getting caught by Giles in one of the standup exchanges. There is also the possibility of Giles getting rocked and (potentially) submitted by BJJ black belt Du Plessis, who already has 9 submissions on his record. Additional note: Du Plessis looked like he had gained a decent amount of muscle mass since his last fight...looking absolutely ripped at the weigh-ins.
This is the best girl you've ever posted. Holy shit. 30 seconds max

Back