• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2023 PGA Championship @ Oak Hill Discussion

The second round should be played under sunny skies with high temperatures in the upper 70s − perfect golf weather. Wind on Friday is expected to be out of the south at 14 to 16 mph.

Late Friday night is when the forecast includes the first chance of rain.

Saturday: Third round​

Moving day will come with a 70% chance of rain in the forecast, with showers likely beginning after 8 a.m. Thunderstorms are also possible in the afternoon.

High temperatures should reach the upper 60s in the day

Don’t really care for the whole LIV v. PGA narrative. Bottom line is these guys are still good, been staples on the Tour for a long time. I’m still a fan of DJ, lefty, mullet and many others on LIV.

Will be interesting to see how they close, come Sunday.

Disappointing start for DJ, even par through the gettable stretch from 12-15. He's going to have to maintain around par to stay in the top 5. Tough ask.

lol- Brooks & Brooksie paired together today. Wonder if the love is still there

Brooks -175 is too pricey and I think there might be some value to Brooksie +135. He held his own yesterday.

Last edited:
OK who the hell is Wright Thompson and why does ESPN think he adds gravitas to their broadcast? The fucker panned the Garbage Plate yesterday. Sacrilegious!

This is just a shitshow out there today. PGA needs to look hard at easing up on the conditions tomorrow to add some excitement. Oak Hill can play a bit like Augusta where the front nine is pretty tough but holes 12-16 allow for a chance to move up and down the board, then you kinda hold on for the last two holes.

Move the tee up on 13, put the pin in a gettable spot on 14, you could have some serious fireworks.

Just back from a work conference in Vegas;;;;fukk me...anyway, here is what I have

[VEGAS TICKET] $40 on Cashmere Keith Mitchell at 225-1 to win (have to get a ticket that will pay to fly down and cash).....

3rd round bets

Hossler +105 over HVIII
Brooks +135 over Scotty
Conners +140 over Victors.........stupid, stupid line, or maybe they know more than me

Just back from a work conference in Vegas;;;;fukk me...anyway, here is what I have

[VEGAS TICKET] $40 on Cashmere Keith Mitchell at 225-1 to win (have to get a ticket that will pay to fly down and cash).....

3rd round bets

Hossler +105 over HVIII
Brooks +135 over Scotty
Conners +140 over Victors.........stupid, stupid line, or maybe they know more than me
Totally agree with you on the Conners Hovland line. I didn’t play it, but it sure stood out to me. Good luck today…

Small rant for the junkies.......

So, I do not bet tourney winner bets for serious bets often, but every once in a while I get a feeling about someone....I have not yet hit a longshot............BUT.......a few years back, I placed a sizeable longshot wager ($100) on Gary Woodland at the PGA championship....of course, he did not win, but then followed up the next major by winning the US Open at Pebble.....fukk me

This year, my feeling was Corey Conners at teh Masters....another $100 to win bet.....and now this mo-fo is about to take down the PGA......fukk me twice

I didn't realize the PGA allowed range finders. Good for them. I don't think the Tour allows them.

Rochester really showing up in force for this tournament. If only the Amerks had a playoff game tonight......next week best of 7 Eastern Conference Finals start against the longtime rival Hershey Bears!

Also took Fleetwood top 5 +600 .5* at MGM where ties pay in full

Very nice option for those kinds of wagers where the dead heat rule can spoil your day

Buddy of mine in SoCal texted me Blocks profile yesterday, local pro out of Arroyo Trobuco, we were chatting on how impressive he was on this course/vs the field.

+360 is enticing but not against Rors

GL today KJ

Buddy of mine in SoCal texted me Blocks profile yesterday, local pro out of Arroyo Trobuco, we were chatting on how impressive he was on this course/vs the field.

+360 is enticing but not against Rors

GL today KJ
I was reading through his resume the other day, guy has absolutely dominated the PGA pro scene the last decade and a half. Winning things even beyond tournaments has been a consistent thing for him for a lot of years.

Told ProV earlier this morning I really just wanted to see Hovland and Koepka go at it and have the last couple holes require meaningful shots and it didn't look like that was going to happen early on...but now this is getting good

Scottie getting his nose in it is fine but I much prefer the other two story lines

Are the LIV guys going to ambush Koepka after he wins? Does Bryson hoist him up on his shoulders?

Tough day for the Christine Brennans of the world. I’m sure she’ll be writing about Michael Block as a slight to Brooks and LIV.

And of course a Bryson sighting with the congrats, Brooks looked like he just wanted to get past him asap

3 biggest stories of the week were Brooks's comeback, Block obviously and that bunker that eliminated Conners and Hovland from the equation

3 biggest stories of the week were Brooks's comeback, Block obviously and that bunker that eliminated Conners and Hovland from the equation
Why didn't the player have to drop in the bunker?
Not that the rough was that much better, but in both cases (especially thursday) I was WTF?

Last edited:
Back