• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

2021 CFP Discussion

i didnt even watch the release show this week, i have seen the light and the light is good!!!!

only problem now is every radio show or podcast i like to listen to waste their time talking bout the shit!! It so hard to get away from!! the committee sucks, the system sucks, we get it, what the point? By talking bout it we giving them exactly what they want, they dont care if it negative talk, as my guy Eazy mfin E would say "all publicity is good publicity"!!! If we all ignored the rankings and said nothing you can bet things would change!!

So did anyone’s opinion change from Week 1 to Week 2 of the rankings? Is Cincinnati as worthy this week as they were last week? When you have a schedule of 2-3 games at most that are challenging all you have left is margin of victory / style points. Is Cincinnati trying to look good or just stay unbeaten?

So did anyone’s opinion change from Week 1 to Week 2 of the rankings? Is Cincinnati as worthy this week as they were last week? When you have a schedule of 2-3 games at most that are challenging all you have left is margin of victory / style points. Is Cincinnati trying to look good or just stay unbeaten?

i dont think cincy playing like crap vs these bad teams would mean anything if they got to play good teams., i dont think it easy playing teams who know you well and hear all the talk bout how cincy needs to blow you out for style points, nobody wants to be that team so they prob coming into these games more motivated than cincy is. plus cincy really isnt all that explosive of a team like coastal or some these other group of 5 teams, they built with nfl guys on defense. ppl can say what they want but i bet cincy could have beaten lsu by more than bama did :) i dont care tho, put them in, dont put them in, put 4 sec schools in for all i care. the way season going cincy prob will get in if they manage to win out, ducks gonna lose again, that pretty much a lock, bama gonna lose to uga (they might still get in i dunno),, cincy needs to worry bout Ou, that the team who could screw them.

i dont think cincy playing like crap vs these bad teams would mean anything if they got to play good teams., i dont think it easy playing teams who know you well and hear all the talk bout how cincy needs to blow you out for style points, nobody wants to be that team so they prob coming into these games more motivated than cincy is. plus cincy really isnt all that explosive of a team like coastal or some these other group of 5 teams, they built with nfl guys on defense. ppl can say what they want but i bet cincy could have beaten lsu by more than bama did :) i dont care tho, put them in, dont put them in, put 4 sec schools in for all i care. the way season going cincy prob will get in if they manage to win out, ducks gonna lose again, that pretty much a lock, bama gonna lose to uga (they might still get in i dunno),, cincy needs to worry bout Ou, that the team who could screw them.
Cincy doesn't need to worry about anyone except the next name on the schedule. Just win, preferably impressively.

Cincy doesn't need to worry about anyone except the next name on the schedule. Just win, preferably impressively.

Kinda seems that way. Although I could definitely see Ou passing them if they run table in big 12. I don’t think they will ever keep out a undefeated conf champ, not a 1 loss sec or big10. I don’t really disagree w any of that. Champs of the best conferences should be in playoff, not sure why they came up with a playoff that didn’t simply include all the conf champs (and best group of 5)? That woulda kept the regular season meaningful like it should be and eliminated the need for them!

I dunno if cincy will beat smu and then I’m assuming it be houston in conf champ game? Their offense has not been playing very well lately. I don’t expect them to be explosive but they need to be a lot more efficient than they been last few weeks cause those teams gonna put some points up on them.

I have seen a lot of proposals about a new college football playoff system, but none of them seem to address the issue of parity across college football. To me this is the biggest issue. The rich still get richer and the poor stay where they're at. To me, it's simple. Create 8 conferences and put all D-1 schools in one of those conferences. Then only conference champs go to a playoff. The key is to mix up the schools in each conference with P-5 and G-5 programs. Do it regionally so travel is easier for teams and fans. In my opinion, this will help to level the field, especially when it comes to recruiting. Then, if a program like Cincinnati ends up winning the Big Ten, who can say they don't belong? I know people will argue that this will water down college football, etc., but this is simply one man's opinion and what I would like to see.

I have seen a lot of proposals about a new college football playoff system, but none of them seem to address the issue of parity across college football. To me this is the biggest issue. The rich still get richer and the poor stay where they're at. To me, it's simple. Create 8 conferences and put all D-1 schools in one of those conferences. Then only conference champs go to a playoff. The key is to mix up the schools in each conference with P-5 and G-5 programs. Do it regionally so travel is easier for teams and fans. In my opinion, this will help to level the field, especially when it comes to recruiting. Then, if a program like Cincinnati ends up winning the Big Ten, who can say they don't belong? I know people will argue that this will water down college football, etc., but this is simply one man's opinion and what I would like to see.
It's a good opinion. With the expansions, it shouldn't be that hard. Some of the old rivalries would resume too.

unfortunately no reasonable idea is gonna happen cause we got these conf at war just gobbling up every freaking team they can get who helps their bottom line, shit is freaking ridiculous!! there should be plenty of damn money to go around where we dont end up with a 20+ team sec that spans all over the damn country!! Bunch of money hungry jerkoffs, how the regular season gonna matter at all when the expanded playoff is gonna have 6-7 sec teams in it? i really dont understand it at all, that why im trying really hard not to care, just give me games to bet and fuck all the noise.

unfortunately no reasonable idea is gonna happen cause we got these conf at war just gobbling up every freaking team they can get who helps their bottom line, shit is freaking ridiculous!! there should be plenty of damn money to go around where we dont end up with a 20+ team sec that spans all over the damn country!! Bunch of money hungry jerkoffs, how the regular season gonna matter at all when the expanded playoff is gonna have 6-7 sec teams in it? i really dont understand it at all, that why im trying really hard not to care, just give me games to bet and fuck all the noise.
When’s the last time you saw 5-6 undefeated teams in the SEC 2/3rds of the way through the season? That’s the Big 10+ yearly outlook. The SEC will never get more than 4 teams into a 16 team playoff. The expansion benefits most conferences I just don’t see how the SEC is one of them.

When’s the last time you saw 5-6 undefeated teams in the SEC 2/3rds of the way through the season? That’s the Big 10+ yearly outlook. The SEC will never get more than 4 teams into a 16 team playoff. The expansion benefits most conferences I just don’t see how the SEC is one of them.

oh i totally disagree, why would they have to be undefeated? when the last time there were more than a few undefeated in the country? teams with at least 2-3 losses will make up the at large bids. I heard sec even turned down a 8 team and im sure it cause they want a bunch of their teams in it. this year alone you would have uga, bama, texas am, oklahoma who be in that conf by time playoffs expanded, those 4 for sure (and im talking 12 team, not 16), then between Aub, ol miss, and arky at least one of them most years depending how rest of season plays out! i think you underestimating the power that conf is wielding along with the kind of teams who getting in the playoff as at large! Big10 will do very well too, they get 3 or 4 most years, that leaves the big 12 champ, pac12 champ, acc champ, best group of 5,, maybe every few years the big12, pac12, acc will get a 2nd team, that be bout it imo.. i dont want to get into a huge argument over it cause im trying to avoid spending time on this subject, lets just remember to come back to this in a few years if/when the playoff expands :)

Alright, tuned into see how Cincinnati does with a team that Vanderbilt would slaughter. Crazy to me that my analogy flew over your head and yet you went back to the poor me SEC ruins every party line. The SEC earned the credit they have gotten. Go through the past 20 champions. Interestingly enough I was posting this prior to the USF pick 6 just FYI.

I would hate to see Bama in the playoffs and especially A&M by some miracle but Cincinnati has zero gripe if they don’t make it and continue to struggle against the best of the worst week after week. That better?

Naw, winning in "style" seems like much more pressure than just go win, doubt that's just me.

But whatever that little carnival tournament is at the end, preseason rankings kinda help determine things anyway. It's a cute way to distinguish power, other bowl games are more fun anyway.

You should be excited. Typically, Texas is usually only ranked when the season starts. Ok my bad that was a low blow. Pretty crazy though that Texas invented a deadly virus and shut the world down just to avoid the return trip to Baton Rouge. Seriously though, I’d hammer Vandy vs South Florida. In a heartbeat.

Back