• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Zurich Classic - New Orleans

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
This tournament is hard, maybe not possible, to handicap. The team concept is hard for many players and the alternate shot, Friday & Sunday, will be fun and interesting to watch.

My 2 favorite teams are Chris Kirk/Brendan Todd and Marc Leishman/Cameron Smith.

Despite the probability that I will keep my wagers low and not as frequent this week I have:

Placed a 1st round wager of Kirk/Todd -115 Over Horschel/Burns. Kirk & Todd are both Georgia Bulldogs who played together on the 2005 National Championship team. I like Kirk's story and he is coming off a tied 7th at Heritage & 6th at Valero, has made 13 of last 14 cuts, has 4 top 10s, 33 in Fed Ex points and has made $1.8 million this year. Todd has played steadily, if not spectacularly, and ranks #1 in driving accuracy and 13th in putts per round (probably b/c he is 143rd in GIR and has to get up and down). These guys should be good friends and you certainly should not need to worry that Kirk will be hungover in N.O.

Yea like you said Bones. I wish I could be helpful here. The format makes it fun. Being when it’s scheduled it makes it tough to get all the big names after the Masters.

Usually would be at the 17th on Friday for years

Pretty awesome that Burns has 8 birdies thru 15 holes...LSU man came to play.

Kirk/Todd are not doing badly. Just getting whipped by a great score

Taking Leishman/Smith Over Morikowa/Cantlay Round #1 -120 - correction Morikowa & Wolf

Last edited:
The fascinating thing for me in this tournament

When you think of Ryder/President's Cup, generally the Americans struggle the first two days in the team events then dial in on Sunday for the solo stuff

Always interesting to see how it correlates to the NO event

The fascinating thing for me in this tournament

When you think of Ryder/President's Cup, generally the Americans struggle the first two days in the team events then dial in on Sunday for the solo stuff

Always interesting to see how it correlates to the NO event
well, today so far the potential Ryder Cuppers are doing well.

This tourney (I like it) is a fool's errand to wager on Friday. I guess that says something about me because I am making this wager.

Round #2 Hatton/Willett ( now -7) -140 Over Im/An (now -4)

One more thing, I wanted to take Smith/Leishman but odds too high for Round #2 and Leishman played too poorly & was carried by Smith

This tourney (I like it) is a fool's errand to wager on Friday. I guess that says something about me because I am making this wager.

Round #2 Hatton/Willett ( now -7) -140 Over Im/An (now -4)
I think this is a winner. Hatton/Willett -2 thru 9 while Im/An are +3 thru 9

I think it was a little bit of both. I heard them talk about the pairing on PGA radio. Bubba did ask Scheffler. I think they were kidding mostly
Well but it's also pretty clear there are a ton of players who simply can't stand playing a round with him let alone four of them, he's that guy.

I came in here on the off chance that someone other than me also bet this and was venting. What a shit show. Hatton/Willett up 3 over Im/An going into 18 and push. That’s hard to do!

Round #2 - Push.

1-1-1 for Tourney

Hatton/Willett doubled the Par 5 18th and shot 39 +1 for the day, while Im/An made birdie and shot 34 & +1 for the day but still did not make cut

I came in here on the off chance that someone other than me also bet this and was venting. What a shit show. Hatton/Willett up 3 over Im/An going into 18 and push. That’s hard to do!
Just posting now. I cannot believe it

The scores were insane. Crushed it the day before and then disaster.
It’s wet and windy down here

The scores were insane. Crushed it the day before and then disaster.
It’s wet and windy down here
Completely different formats, same format today as Thursday where it's better ball so should see a lot lower scores than yesterday

The alt shot thing can get chaotic regardless the weather

Round #4 (a fool's errand in alternate shot)

Noren/Norlander -135 Over Garnett/Stallings (most confident pick of week, fwiw. I bet .5 unit more)

Bubba/Scheffler -115 Over Finau/Champ

I don’t think we are going to see crazy high scores today. I like the value in Leishman/Cam at 3-1 to win today. Also like them over Oost/Schwartz.
My 1st post in this thread was Leishman/Cam were one of my 2 favorite teams. Of course, I only bet them 1 time (round #1) and won but have not bet them since.

Reason I bet Bubba/Scheffler again today against Finau/Champ is partly due to yesterday - Champ played like a chump

1-1 today

4-2-1 on the week

lost my $50 to win $2500.00 on Kirk/Todd wager

1619388599204.png

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Back