• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wild Card Round: Ravens vs. Titans Discussion Thread

Out of all the other games this is the most exciting game IMO. Line dropped to 3.5 already. I also like the OVER here.

Just bet the over. I don't see any way this game stays under. Think the line is insane though.Should be a pick'em. Vrabel just seems to be in Harbaugh's head when they play.

Neither d is gonna do much here. Both teams will move up and down the field. It’ll come down to one or two key plays or a late stop. I know balt has been hot, but let’s pump the breaks. These wins were against Dallas, giants (without Jones I think), jax, Cincy, and the good win over clev where they gave up 42.

+3.5 is comical. Zero respect for a team that bullied Baltimore on the road in last years playoffs and came from behind to beat them again this year. Balt doesn’t want to tackle the king, and balt wanting to run the ball helps as they aren’t a team who is gonna exploit are awful pass d downfield much

+3.5 is comical. Zero respect for a team that bullied Baltimore on the road in last years playoffs and came from behind to beat them again this year. Balt doesn’t want to tackle the king, and balt wanting to run the ball helps as they aren’t a team who is gonna exploit are awful pass d downfield much
Can't imagine this line being any lower. At -2.5 you would likely have extremely lopsided action on the Ravens. That being said I was surprised that it was ever at +4.5 and I can't wait to see how this game shakes out.

Can't imagine this line being any lower. At -2.5 you would likely have extremely lopsided action on the Ravens. That being said I was surprised that it was ever at +4.5 and I can't wait to see how this game shakes out.
I get it. I do, and I’m sure balt will still get hammered by the public, but give me the team with the best player on the field, and that’s King Henry, not Lamar, the team that’s proven it can handle adversity, and beat a better version of these Ravens have in their building last year and this year. What does scare me is special teams. It’s been a problem all year long, Kern is great, but I can’t stomach Gostkowski kicking FGs, and we all know how good Tucker is for balt. It could come down to that and that scares the hell out of me.

The first few minutes of this game will be huge. In 3/5 of tenn losses they’ve basically come out flat been blitzed out the gate and fallen behind by dd early (gb, Pitt, clev). Sure they can come back, but it makes things much more difficult for them. On the flip side, balt knows it struggles w this team and last year Harbaugh panicked early and put the ravens in a deep hole they couldn’t get out of. As bad as tenn d is the game can get very short should the titans get an early lead knowing the King can carry the rock 30 plus times and churn that clock.

I get it. I do, and I’m sure balt will still get hammered by the public, but give me the team with the best player on the field, and that’s King Henry, not Lamar, the team that’s proven it can handle adversity, and beat a better version of these Ravens have in their building last year and this year. What does scare me is special teams. It’s been a problem all year long, Kern is great, but I can’t stomach Gostkowski kicking FGs, and we all know how good Tucker is for balt. It could come down to that and that scares the hell out of me.

The first few minutes of this game will be huge. In 3/5 of tenn losses they’ve basically come out flat been blitzed out the gate and fallen behind by dd early (gb, Pitt, clev). Sure they can come back, but it makes things much more difficult for them. On the flip side, balt knows it struggles w this team and last year Harbaugh panicked early and put the ravens in a deep hole they couldn’t get out of. As bad as tenn d is the game can get very short should the titans get an early lead knowing the King can carry the rock 30 plus times and churn that clock.
AJB is the best player on the field imo

Maybe 2nd but he’s nasty for sure
You think? I'd rather the guy that can get 40 real quick in a clutch spot than the plodder that's a stud but to each their own. Not discounting Henry but even a big game from him yesterday probably took AJ's grab to win it. Just hard for me to say RB is the best player on the field in this NFL.

You think? I'd rather the guy that can get 40 real quick in a clutch spot than the plodder that's a stud but to each their own. Not discounting Henry but even a big game from him yesterday probably took AJ's grab to win it. Just hard for me to say RB is the best player on the field in this NFL.
By no means am I discounting how good AJ is, but he still has to rely on Tannehill to be able to get it to him or close enough to make a play. Henry, whether the line opens up holes or not, can punish ppl and run away from them

Balt had a 21-10 lead on us then we got rolling in the 2h and put up 400+ yards of offense and held balt to about 300 and Lamar under 190 passing. Henry wore on that d and on the game winning 29 yard run that d wanted no part of tackling him, just like they didn’t want it last year. Just don’t see it being any different.

The Titans Defense though. I just can't back that defense. Cooks was getting doubled and still catching passes last week. Johnson was carving them up on the ground, hate to see what Dobbins & co will do. I want the Titans to win, I just don't think it happens.

Last matchup I get the Titans won (I was on them) Henry was largely held in check until the ot rumble, I think holding him to 100 and no tds would be a success for most defenses. Corey Davis had a game and Marquis Brown went without a catch on 3 targets. Brown can get behind the Titans D, especially if they are running the ball well. This number may very well be inflated given we know there will be 50+ rushing attempts in the game. I just don't want to be holding an under ticket when this turns into a 4th quarter td fest. Might be a 1sth under followed by 2ndh over. Henry gonna wear down any defense and so will the Ravens rushing attack. Could see a situation where it's 14-10 whoever 1sth, followed by 35 2ndh points off big plays

We all know Titans defense sucks, don’t think you’ll find anyone that says otherwise. But if Tenn gets the early lead and Baltimore has to play catch up like last year, is Jackson going to carve it up? I’m not sure. At first I liked ravens like most here but now I’m unsure as I look into more

Very important for Ravens to not get behind early by two scores, as it would totally change up their offensive script. Adding Dez Bryant was a good move for Ravens, to give Lamar another big target possession type receiver along with Andrews. I have a lot of respect for Vrabel and think Albert Smith is one of the under rated OC in the league. Love his playcalling. Ravens have to stop Henry first, and get Tenn in adverse down and distance and then be able to pressure Tannehill. Big advtg with Tucker if game is close and comes down to an important FG.

Have we seen anything out of either team to lead us to believe we won't have a similar result to last time they played?

I feel like from a wagering standpoint the Titans are the play. Looks like vegas is welcoming Ravens loot dropping the hook. I want to root for Henry to run everyone over. I want to play the dog. SOMEONE convince me that the defense can do enough!!!!!

I feel like from a wagering standpoint the Titans are the play. Looks like vegas is welcoming Ravens loot dropping the hook. I want to root for Henry to run everyone over. I want to play the dog. SOMEONE convince me that the defense can do enough!!!!!
I wish I could. I’ve held out hope thinking once they got adoree back the secondary would he better but the lack of pass rush makes it impossible to cover anyone. The good news I guess is our DEs won’t get up the field so they should contain Lamar and not leave wide open space for him to scramble. They’ve had a good plan agsinst him in the past and if they can get up early the pressure on him and harbaugh sets it.

I’d be more worried if Lamar was gonna drop back and throw 40 times but they might get one or two plays deep but it’s not their MO so our biggest weakness doesn’t play into their hands. At least we have a chance to slow the run. Tucker vs gostkowski is what scares me the most

Tits team total is my favorite play of the weekend but the kicking game is keeping me from going extremely deep on it
Yeah man gostkowski has been unreliable at best and find it hard to believe there’s not someone better than sloman to kick

And yet he’s still overrated lmfaoooo

How many did he have in the 2nd half of the AFCG last year lol. Sorry, had to! PS it was 7.

In seriousness, I am warming to the idea of Tenn in this one the more I dig. They have proven they CAN do it. And Lamar has yet show that he can in the big spots.

I’m not sure last years ravens were a better version? Look pretty similar to me but Lamar throwing little better/with more confidence. Didnt have Dobbins and he seems to be coming into his own, and I think without a doubt much less pressure on ravens this year which I think absolutely a thing for them. Taking nothing away from titans but ravens seemed tight last year and totally got taken out their game. Titans could jump out on them and do the same again but I’m not sure I can bet it.

Have we seen anything out of either team to lead us to believe we won't have a similar result to last time they played?

it went to ot last game so could easily look similar with opposite result. One big difference is Brown been playing much better than he was at that time where he had 3 targets with no catches. Ravens were also in midst of that stretch where they had lost 4 of 5, I don’t recall if the covid issues had popped up yet?

How many did he have in the 2nd half of the AFCG last year lol. Sorry, had to! PS it was 7.

In seriousness, I am warming to the idea of Tenn in this one the more I dig. They have proven they CAN do it. And Lamar has yet show that he can in the big spots.
The juice I'm seeing indicates the +3.5 may not stick around. Now might be the time. Would be rough taking 3 knowing it was 4.5 Monday.

I’m a homer but here is why I think their defense matches up well with the Ravens. The non existent pass rush keeps them from over pursuing and neutralizes Lamar. Also the Tits were able to make Lamar throw outside of the numbers which is his weakness. As long as the Titans don’t get down big early I think they do enough to get the win. Henry gets 25 plus touches and Tannehill exploits them with AJ and a plethora of TE’s who always get open with the play calling.

I’m a homer but here is why I think their defense matches up well with the Ravens. The non existent pass rush keeps them from over pursuing and neutralizes Lamar. Also the Tits were able to make Lamar throw outside of the numbers which is his weakness. As long as the Titans don’t get down big early I think they do enough to get the win. Henry gets 25 plus touches and Tannehill exploits them with AJ and a plethora of TE’s who always get open with the play calling.
Thank you. I’ve been saying this but no one believes me!!

TeamYPPYPARYRAPYPASacksTO RatioSOS
Balt65.45.54.66.75.939/32428
Tenn6.365.24.57.5719/251129

Back