• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wild Card Round: Rams vs. Seahawks Discussion Thread

Line up to 5 now. Last week Seattle was -1.5 or so and won 20-9. Status of Goff and Kupp? Wolford looked pretty solid once he settled in today

Rams could be returning starting LT, Kupp, Goff, Brockers and Henderson. They'd be at full strength if this happened.

anyway this goes to 6? I was thinking it would drop to 4/3.5....obviously Kupp is key. Goff looks very ? And definitely don't want him in if he's hurt. He sucks enough when he's healthy.
I think Rams can win this. Seahawks are ripe for the picking, imo.

I'd tread lightly on the Rams Goff or no Goof. Kupp isn't really as big a factor because Woods moves into the slot and Jefferson is an ascending WR. WR is not an issue. What's becoming an issue is their lack of a running game. Their oline is not playing well and their RB's are hurt.
I have to believe if there were fans in the stands and Wolford was starting, Seattle would be no less than -7. Should be more -8 or 9.
I stated this in last weeks discussion thread. Where are the points coming from without this defense creating them? Let me repeat myself, this offense stinks! If it wasn't for the matchup vs an overrated Arizona defense and Arizona using their backup as well, the Rams would have lost Sunday.
Outside of the Redskins and Bears, the Rams are the worst football team in the tournament and are currently playing the worst.
Wait until their MLB's get exposed. They're nowhere to be found vs the run or in pass coverage. You'll actually seem them about 10-15 yards past the line of scrimmage chasing someone from behind, just like Jim Laurenitis used to do it, the fraud that he was.
Anyway, I'll be paying close attention to my team all week. The addition of our starting LT could help, we'll see how mobile this 40+ yr old does vs Seattle.

I still would like Kupp in there, but I hear ya, it's not an issue.

I'm not in love with the Rams, but the Seahawks have also been playing horribly. I think if you can get points, and w a Ram D that can be effective against a team that has underperformed for a while now, that looks attractive to me.

I think Cavs, that it is in part w Carrols reverting back to his old ways of running more and being conservative, reigning in Russ.

Thinking U 43 maybe worth a look, i could see it drop to @ 41 by game time...

The Seahawks offensive demise has been quite interesting..

Now, they have played solid to very good defenses the last 5-6 weeks but something is different..

Can't justify a bet on the Rams right now at all with the uncertainty. I'm shocked it's not otb.

Under, under, under, can't see how these two teams get to 40. Sea offense been mia for two months and defense has improved weekly it seems. Rams get to twenty if they they get a couple safeties and a pick six. 43 is a gift imo. My guess is that Carroll wants to pound the ball with the two big backs and try to soften up the Rams D. When that proves fruitless he'll lean on Russ and frankly he hasn't shown much lately. He may surprise me like he's done oh so many times but I think points are gonna be tough to come by. That Rams defense is for real with arguably the best player in football anchoring it. Love the under here.

Rams 12-4 to under. Russ has been bad, Ramsey shuts downs DK, or at least Russ scared to throw at Jalen. 40 so low in today’s NFL but there’s a reason for it here.

Status of Jamal Adams huge here. Different D with him.

No decision yet on Goof and I think McVay will keep it undisclosed as long as possible to force Seattle to plan for both. Hard to believe Goff broke his thumb 8 days ago,, had pins put in 7 days ago and he'll be ready.
Another note I didn't mention about this Rams offense from yesterday. Yes, Wolford made a terrible mistake on his 1st pass to give a short field and 7pts, but it was the regulars around him that kept fucking up. 2nd and goal at the 1, false start. 2nd and goal at the 6, false start. They settled for 3. 1st and goal inside the 5, Akers fumbles.
There's been a bad vibe on offense with this team since the Jets loss. I feel strongly they backed into the playoffs.
I have Seattle's game from yesterday that I need to watch but if they're slumping like some have you have mentioned, this total is 43.
Wilson isn't really prone to turning it over which would limit the possibility of the defense scoring. I would imagine teasing this up to 50 or 56 if you like that 13pt teaser would be safe.
13pt teaser is what I'm looking at. I usually like going over with them but Rams under to Bucs under is a thought with Saints, Pittsburgh & Buffalo over

Rams 12-4 to under. Russ has been bad, Ramsey shuts downs DK, or at least Russ scared to throw at Jalen. 40 so low in today’s NFL but there’s a reason for it here.

Status of Jamal Adams huge here. Different D with him.
I always laugh at the video postgame of Ramsey but he really is an absolute beat CB in this league

No decision yet on Goof and I think McVay will keep it undisclosed as long as possible to force Seattle to plan for both. Hard to believe Goff broke his thumb 8 days ago,, had pins put in 7 days ago and he'll be ready.
Another note I didn't mention about this Rams offense from yesterday. Yes, Wolford made a terrible mistake on his 1st pass to give a short field and 7pts, but it was the regulars around him that kept fucking up. 2nd and goal at the 1, false start. 2nd and goal at the 6, false start. They settled for 3. 1st and goal inside the 5, Akers fumbles.
There's been a bad vibe on offense with this team since the Jets loss. I feel strongly they backed into the playoffs.
I have Seattle's game from yesterday that I need to watch but if they're slumping like some have you have mentioned, this total is 43.
Wilson isn't really prone to turning it over which would limit the possibility of the defense scoring. I would imagine teasing this up to 50 or 56 if you like that 13pt teaser would be safe.
13pt teaser is what I'm looking at. I usually like going over with them but Rams under to Bucs under is a thought with Saints, Pittsburgh & Buffalo over
Interesting you like the TB under. I have no idea on what to do with that 46 they put on that game. TB could win that one 48-20 or 13-10 depending on whether the WTF DL can get to Tommy boy. Tease it up or down and you could easily lose your bet. I've seen every throw Brady has made in his career, multiple times, and he's never looked better than he has the last couple games. That Detroit 1H was a work of art, some of his best work. However, we all remember a couple playoff games/SB where the DL wouldn't let him do anything. If WTF front 4 get to him consistently you could be looking at a 13-10 or 16-7 type game. If Tom plays like he has recently and is allowed to get it to the play makers they might hang a 50 spot on WTF. No question in my mind Tampa wins this game, just don't know how it'll unfold. I'll probably lay the points with TB but want nothing to do with that total.

Initial though is something like 16-13 WFT but will reassess as the week goes on, think the best unit on the field will be the WFT defense at any time. Already on WFT + and ML, pretty happy with it, really don't see what the world sees in toxic TB

Sounds like Seattle will have their entire offensive line back and healthy for the first time since the first month of the season. Also, if Wolford makes the start, remember the poor ATS record for QBs making their first postseason start.

Sounds like Seattle will have their entire offensive line back and healthy for the first time since the first month of the season. Also, if Wolford makes the start, remember the poor ATS record for QBs making their first postseason start.
I wouldn't be betting the Rams in this game. If the Seattle offense sputters that might help keep it close but this Rams team is playing its worst football since last season. GL

Man, took them 3 games but they finally got the total closer to right! Lol. Still think I like the under!!

TeamYPPYPARYRAPYPASacksTO RatioSOS
LAR5.74.84.33.86.85.653/25-310
Sea6.15.74.83.976.848/46423

Jared Goff (thumb) was limited in Wednesday's practice.​

It's the first concrete bit of evidence that Goff is trending towards starting, even if it means he won't be playing at 100%. Coach Sean McVay said yesterday that Goff was "preparing himself to play" and the initial timeline after his thumb surgery suggested he'd be ready for the playoffs. As long as he closes the week with limited or full practice tags, Goff should be under center against the Seahawks.

It's the first concrete bit of evidence that Goff is trending towards starting, even if it means he won't be playing at 100%. Coach Sean McVay said yesterday that Goff was "preparing himself to play" and the initial timeline after his thumb surgery suggested he'd be ready for the playoffs. As long as he closes the week with limited or full practice tags, Goff should be under center against the Seahawks.

is a less than 100% Goff really better than the backup?

What I saw is Wolford is better than 100% Goff, actually can keep the defense honest with his legs. Bad thing for Rams is SEA doesn't really need to prepare for Goff since he's in the division so they can prepare for Wolford this week regardless of Goff's status.

Seattle not exactly on fire either lately. I hate when the match-up is two go against teams.

crazy how bad their offense has looked after looking so dynamic to begin the year. Kinda feels like when Russ threw those picks against Arizona Pete and the lame OC decided they needed to get back to their garbage run 1st offense. Thing is the d was terrible when Russ was beginning to throw picks so he and the offense had a ton of pressure to score into the 30s to have a chance. Wouldn’t they be far more formidable throwing all over the field now that their defense has made dramatic improvements?

crazy how bad their offense has looked after looking so dynamic to begin the year. Kinda feels like when Russ threw those picks against Arizona Pete and the lame OC decided they needed to get back to their garbage run 1st offense. Thing is the d was terrible when Russ was beginning to throw picks so he and the offense had a ton of pressure to score into the 30s to have a chance. Wouldn’t they be far more formidable throwing all over the field now that their defense has made dramatic improvements?

Seemed to work in the 4th qtr vs SF.

What I saw is Wolford is better than 100% Goff, actually can keep the defense honest with his legs. Bad thing for Rams is SEA doesn't really need to prepare for Goff since he's in the division so they can prepare for Wolford this week regardless of Goff's status.

that’s a good point, they certainly know each other well enough there not much they need to prepare for Goff.

I hardly watched any the zona/rams game but sure sounds like Mcvay comfy with Wolford. I wanna say if Wolford was better he would be starting but that not necessarily true. Can he make all the throws? I’ve thought for some time mcvay offense be much better served with a qb that had some mobility.

they play games with injuries all the time (injury reports and status i mean). I like the Rams and over. Maybe I split but with Russell Wilson and a low total I take a stab at that over. Seattle's D eh average at best.

I know to most people it means nothing but the last 2 Rams totals in the playoffs in 2018 were over 54 (both went under) and now 42.5 (looks like an under but i bet that flips again and under bettors lose.)

Interesting game thats why I make a case for the dog here. The rest of the weekend looks dicey to me for the Dogs (winning at least)

they play games with injuries all the time (injury reports and status i mean). I like the Rams and over. Maybe I split but with Russell Wilson and a low total I take a stab at that over. Seattle's D eh average at best.

I know to most people it means nothing but the last 2 Rams totals in the playoffs in 2018 were over 54 (both went under) and now 42.5 (looks like an under but i bet that flips again and under bettors lose.)

Interesting game thats why I make a case for the dog here. The rest of the weekend looks dicey to me for the Dogs (winning at least)

I don’t have any issue with the dog here. Feels pretty likely it be a super tight game to me, these 2 know each other as well as any matchup this weekend. Think pretty good chance it comes down to the last possession of the game so I certainly don’t want to lay that hook.

I don’t like the over but I understand it, there certainly a case to be made there some value on that side. Just look what the total was in the 1st meeting! The drop on the second game, and now another big drop on this one!! I played under in the 1st 2 as I didn’t think the adjustment was enough from 1st to 2nd, this total now more in line where I made last meeting. Both teams hitting 20 wouldnt shock me at all. They have both gotten to 20 in their win, don’t see why they can’t both hit 20 here which outta get it over (long as it not 21-20!).

Goff in my opinion is being used as a decoy. Its a thumb injury with pins inserted. Not something that heals in less than 2 weeks.
Having said that, McVay didn't get conservative with Wolford. With no 12th man he should be able to deal with this stage. I have no feel for the side but I do feel strongly about teasing Colts to Rams under in a 13pt teaser. Gotta find 2 more to complete the bet.

Last edited:
Just a great spot for the HAWKS laying 3.......two HUGE emotional games against WFT (to clinch playoff spot) and against the Rams (NFC West) and then a huge letdown spot against the 49ers, where everyone reacts.......this is a MONSTER spot for Seattle

Hawks -3.......BIG....yes, homer play, but it will cash

Just a great spot for the HAWKS laying 3.......two HUGE emotional games against WFT (to clinch playoff spot) and against the Rams (NFC West) and then a huge letdown spot against the 49ers, where everyone reacts.......this is a MONSTER spot for Seattle

Hawks -3.......BIG....yes, homer play, but it will cash
I’ve got zero feel on this one. Might get involved live, have a feeling it’s tight into the 4th. I’m guessing Goff goes but who knows how that thumb reacts just even taking snaps let alone when he gets hit and tries to brace a fall. I do feel Rams d is good enough to keep them in it and not get blown out tho. Goodluck bro

I like Russ to win. Line drop is crazy to me, initially liked the Rams in a tease @ +10.5 but I'm not playing any team I don't think wins su this postseason. The more I look at this game the more I think Seattle is the play.
Have they said if Adams is gonna go for sea? My guess is he does but it’s huge if he can’t play imo

I think you have to be insane to bet an under this low. Not saying I love the over, but so many things have to go right for it to stay under.

Back