• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wild Card Round: Colts vs. Bills Discussion Thread

Can’t you just see Felipe Rios drop this one...

@emkee

Nah, he good. Go Bolo...

Well Done Yes GIF by Indianapolis Colts

For me the Bills schedule and lines to this point have been pretty easy. Bills coving -6.5 against a solid D and running team with 11 wins. This is a much "bettor" test. Their lines are getting tight now.

How will Indy cover Buff WR... arent they pretty bad againt pass? Pitt Wr shredded em would think buff does same
I think Buffalo weather could play a part of slowing Buffalo down more then the Colts. Not sure of the weather report yet. Personal opinion bad weather favors Indy. And no weather is not the only reason why I like the Colts.

The whole Buffalo weather thing is a non issue for either team. Right now it's calling for 30 and sunny no real effect on anyone. Weather isn't slowing the bill's offense unless it's 25 mph winds. Colts won't be able to match the Bills firepower. I could see the Colts trying to just pound Taylor, but I don't see them getting a ton of stops. Allen will pick them apart. If Beasley was 100% I would already be heavy on the Bills ats.

I don't even think I've played a teaser this season but Bills/Rams looks like a winner.

Please tell me how the Colts cover Diggs/Brown/Davis/Beasley? They can't. T.Y. hilton isn't gonna get over on White, cmon now. There are only a couple wr that I think can, AJ Brown (when 100%) & Tyreek are the only two left in the AFC playoffs.

Here's how you beat the Bills

a premier edge rusher that can disrupt Allen early and often
Big physical corners that can play man right off the line
force turnovers

Sustained long drives offensively
Big bruising backs to wear the d down
premier wr to stretch the field
no turnovers

Allen and this offense are zone killers. Unless they come out very flat (do you realistically see that happening the way they look right now?) Allen will find the holes in the coverage. Colts play a bunch of Tampa 2 coverage. Buffalo will eat that up. Maybe Buckner plays out of his mind and gets to Allen early, Taylor runs for 200 & 3 tds and Rivers plays mistake free and out of his mind. Then the Colts will cover.

Scared money don’t make no money. If I lose so be it, you warned me. I’m just not buying the hype. I saw the titans awful d make Buffalo look mortal no reason to think Indy can’t do the same
Fair enough. Such a different set of circumstances though. Tre white was out they thought the game was postponed and had started preparing for the next game, etc.

Focus on Taylor, if Rivers wet noodle of an arm and concrete feet can keep up w the bills, I'd be shocked. Reich is a good coach, that helps Indy. But also really impressed w the Bills coaching too, so that edge is a bit more of a wash, imo.

Beasley's chances of playing??

TeamYPPYPARYRAPYPASacksTO RatioSOS
Ind65.64.33.77.36.940/211032
Buffalo6.35.74.24.67.86.538/27413

Cole Beasley (knee) remained sidelined on Tuesday.​

It puts Beasley on the wrong side of questionable for Saturday's Wild Card game against the Colts. Monday's addition of Kenny Stills to the practice squad suggests the Bills do not expect Beasley to go after he was injured in Week 16. If that is indeed the case, Stills should be promoted before Saturday, with John Brown, Gabriel Davis and Isaiah McKenzie providing the rest of the snaps behind Stefon Diggs in three-wide sets.

I'd be shocked to see Beasley play, prob wouldn't be a go next week should they win. Brown back is beyond huge now, McKenzie could get featured a little more. Gabe Davis is NOT a slot wr, and it's worth mentioning the Colts slot corner is solid I believe 4 picks on the year. Interesting to see how they play it- Beasley throughout the season had a TON of big time catches converted for 1st downs, so it's silly to act like this isn't a loss. I think he's top 3 slot wr in the game. In many ways he was used to replace the early season plodding run game, which . The Bills have more than enough weapons offensively to eat up the Colts coverage. Diggs alone with Davis is a nightmare, now Brown's ability to go yard and the offensive line's ability to protect paired with Allen's play stretching abilities?

This run the Bills have been on can largely be credited to the solidification of the offensive line. I said early in the season we wouldn't know how good the Bill's run game was until Feliciano was healthy. Even losing Cody Ford for the season, the line is the best it has looked in forever.

I think there is a misconception about the Bills that they have a great passing game and bad run game. 3 game stretch vs Steelers/Broncos/Patriots nobody put up huge numbers alone in the run game. Yet between Allen/Moss/Singletary they ran 76 times for 413 and 4 tds. 5.4 ypc. They are sneaky good in the run game, especially when Allen is dealing. Moss is the type of rb that could go on a playoff run. Allen & co have been running up scores but you are going to need to run the ball to win in the playoffs. I think Moss has that ability to churn out yardage late in games, and people might be surprised to see them put on the brakes late if they are up 2 scores, but it is McDermott and old habits die hard.....

Having Smokey Brown back in the potential absence of Beasley is huge, as Diggs is so versatile they can use him also on the underneath and intermediate routes while Smokey still provides the deep threat. McKenzie also very nice to provide even more diversity and speed. Nice corps of WR for sure for Buff.

I hate watching Indy play. Hate. But I think Indy is one of the few that can get stops and run it down Buffalos throat. No play yet.

I dunno if anyone getting many stops on the bills offense right now, they are humming. I didn’t expect fish to beat them but hanging a 50 burger in a must win spot for mia against that defense was awful damn impressive. Bills not only might be best team in the league but they smoking hot at the right time! John brown back also, Allen has so many weapons to work with. If you focus on taking diggs away they got so many other really good options. Brown always been underrated imo, just a question of being healthy which appears he is right now!! With him out Davis has kinda come into his own, Beasley a pain in the slot., they loaded and nobody playing better qb than Allen.

Even without Beasley who I assume is banged up Isaiah McKenzie had a big impact last week. So much talent, so well coached, and hottest qb in the league. They on a collision course with kc imo.

Give me the points. I’ll pay to see Josh Allen cover 7 in a playoff game

I mean hard to argue taking 7 in a playoff game but not sure what about Allen would lead ya to thinking he can’t cover this? He been incredible, he has never come into a playoff game playing at this level.

Every week, I doubt the bills and they just come out and take care of business. Hard not to take them

bills mafia all day for me. They have looked like the best team in football for last 2 months. Their only freaking loss was on a Hail Mary in Arizona!!! I suppose one could argue they havnt had the toughest schedule but they winning these games with margin. They pretty much walking into the stadium with 30!! Maybe colts can keep them in the high 20s? Maybe? Even then ya gotta figure rivers gonna have to put points up in the passing game, turnover waiting to happen imo.

How will Indy cover Buff WR... arent they pretty bad againt pass? Pitt Wr shredded em would think buff does same

I mean maybe they can limit diggs but bills have so many other options and now Brown healthy who a great 2 imo. So many weapons for Allen to target, can’t take them all away!!

I think Buffalo weather could play a part of slowing Buffalo down more then the Colts. Not sure of the weather report yet. Personal opinion bad weather favors Indy. And no weather is not the only reason why I like the Colts.

i understand that thought process simply cause the Indy run game but it certainly doesn’t favor Indy if they have to pass!! Allen got the kind of cannon that can throw in any weather, rivers on the other hand? Not so much.

The whole Buffalo weather thing is a non issue for either team. Right now it's calling for 30 and sunny no real effect on anyone. Weather isn't slowing the bill's offense unless it's 25 mph winds. Colts won't be able to match the Bills firepower. I could see the Colts trying to just pound Taylor, but I don't see them getting a ton of stops. Allen will pick them apart. If Beasley was 100% I would already be heavy on the Bills ats.

I don't even think I've played a teaser this season but Bills/Rams looks like a winner.

mckenzie looked awful good in his place last week, ya’ll super deep with talented wrs.

I'd be shocked to see Beasley play, prob wouldn't be a go next week should they win. Brown back is beyond huge now, McKenzie could get featured a little more. Gabe Davis is NOT a slot wr, and it's worth mentioning the Colts slot corner is solid I believe 4 picks on the year. Interesting to see how they play it- Beasley throughout the season had a TON of big time catches converted for 1st downs, so it's silly to act like this isn't a loss. I think he's top 3 slot wr in the game. In many ways he was used to replace the early season plodding run game, which . The Bills have more than enough weapons offensively to eat up the Colts coverage. Diggs alone with Davis is a nightmare, now Brown's ability to go yard and the offensive line's ability to protect paired with Allen's play stretching abilities?

This run the Bills have been on can largely be credited to the solidification of the offensive line. I said early in the season we wouldn't know how good the Bill's run game was until Feliciano was healthy. Even losing Cody Ford for the season, the line is the best it has looked in forever.

I think there is a misconception about the Bills that they have a great passing game and bad run game. 3 game stretch vs Steelers/Broncos/Patriots nobody put up huge numbers alone in the run game. Yet between Allen/Moss/Singletary they ran 76 times for 413 and 4 tds. 5.4 ypc. They are sneaky good in the run game, especially when Allen is dealing. Moss is the type of rb that could go on a playoff run. Allen & co have been running up scores but you are going to need to run the ball to win in the playoffs. I think Moss has that ability to churn out yardage late in games, and people might be surprised to see them put on the brakes late if they are up 2 scores, but it is McDermott and old habits die hard.....

i think a healthy brown is as big a addition as Beasley is a loss. Of course I’ve always been a huge fan of brown when he healthy.

Phillips is the leader in the house...

Phillip-Rivers-Aaron-Rodgers-Patrick-Mahomes-Kids-Graphic-FOX.jpg

:rofl:

that said, I'm all over the Bills ;)

at least they all with the same woman I guess? Lol. Who that corner who has a dozen kids with different chicks? Cromarie maybe? Fuck that a lot of child support!!

Surely the steelers game a few weeks ago has to give colts backers pause? Big Ben went for 350ish and 3 tds, just don’t know how colts slow down bills passing attack after watching the way steelers shredded the secondary?

Dexter was quite possibly the fastest big guy to ever play special teams when he came in the NFL. Watching him cover a punt was unbelievable! The speed and fury he used to hit with on those open field plays was incredible. Terrific pass rusher in his time with the Skins. Sad about him getting passed through the system illiterate for all those years. I remember Famous Amos counseled him, and aided him when he testified in front of Congress about illiteracy. Sad case, lot of jail time and addictions for him post football.

Back