• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wild Card Round: Buccaneers vs. Washington Discussion Thread

Brady And Rivers Are One And The Same.
Pressure Em Enough, Knock Em Down Enough?
They Become Pout And Whine And Complain.
And You Throw Em Off Their Game...

Yeah they will get some pressure but no way they can hold up covering all his receivers whether Evans can go or not
If they can get enough pressure, it wouldn't matter if he had Rice, Moss and Megatron. Brady shrivels under intense pressure his whole career.... and I like Brady.

One in the same less all the rings one of them has.

But I do agree that enough pressure will wreak havoc with Brady. I grabbed the 7.5. I think 4.5-6 seems more reasonable of a line. TB D has shown some weaknesses of late.

Sunday night, the Buccaneers reportedly got good news with his injury status. According to multiple reports, the MRI results came back clean for Evans.

“I can confirm Jay Glazer’s report that Mike Evans’ MRI revealed no structural damage to his knee. I’m told that’s it’s too soon to tell whether he plays this week. They will wait and see as the week goes on. But they are hopeful,” ESPN’s Jenna Laine reported.

WFT has allowed a team to score 27 1x in the last 11 games. Clearly they don't want a shootout. Bucs have scored a ton lately but that was vs ATL 2x, Detroit and Minny. TB tt u27 looks tempting to me.

I also don't agree with the idea that "Washington can't run on Tampa"

TB numbers vs the run are inflated af because everyone is content to throw on them. Many games teams didn't have a choice as they fell behind and abandoned the run. Cook ran for 100. The Saints moved the ball on the ground. Washington will pound Gibson and I think he's the type that could wear a d down IF it's a closely played game. WFT will have to really come out and smack Brady in the mouth early if they want a close game.

Washington head coach Ron Rivera said he could rotate Alex Smith and Taylor Heinicke against the Bucs on Sunday.​

Smith, returning from a calf injury that kept him sidelined for two weeks, had limited mobility last week against the Eagles. It was clear he hadn't fully recovered from the calf issue. Rivera said the Football Team "definitely" had to consider rotating Smith with Heinicke, who relieved Dwayne Haskins in Week 16 and completed 12-of-19 passes for 137 yards and a touchdown against the Panthers. The potential QB rotation makes Smith unplayable in Wild Card DFS contests.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "there's some optimism" Mike Evans will play in Saturday night's Wild Card game against Washington.​

Evans was present for Tuesday's walkthrough but didn't do enough to earn a limited tag. The Bucs don't want to risk further damage, but there's hope he can play through his hyperextended knee this week. Evans has a history of playing effective when injured, so he should be more than just a decoy if active.

Reactions: KJ

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports "there's some optimism" Mike Evans will play in Saturday night's Wild Card game against Washington.​

Evans was present for Tuesday's walkthrough but didn't do enough to earn a limited tag. The Bucs don't want to risk further damage, but there's hope he can play through his hyperextended knee this week. Evans has a history of playing effective when injured, so he should be more than just a decoy if active.
Confidence on cutting is the key imo, you knever know with a knee

See if the TB guys out with Covid will be back. Wash could pose a few problems for Brady with their pass rush. Assuming Wash wins tonight.

just dunno if washigton offense can do anything? Brady been smoking but could be much different with a pass rush in his face. Impossible to trust the football team to score tho!!

cmon now, Brady still has a better arm and not even close imo. They are the same far as being statues and pressure bothering them (as it does most QBs). Rivers shot putt throwing motion so ugly! Lol

If Smith can't move, Washington has no chance on offense. They can't run on Tampa.

they gonna have to dink and dunk all day, outside to McKissic, middle to the tight end. Kinda like what they did to steelers.

Washington head coach Ron Rivera said he could rotate Alex Smith and Taylor Heinicke against the Bucs on Sunday.​

Smith, returning from a calf injury that kept him sidelined for two weeks, had limited mobility last week against the Eagles. It was clear he hadn't fully recovered from the calf issue. Rivera said the Football Team "definitely" had to consider rotating Smith with Heinicke, who relieved Dwayne Haskins in Week 16 and completed 12-of-19 passes for 137 yards and a touchdown against the Panthers. The potential QB rotation makes Smith unplayable in Wild Card DFS contests.

smith has been unplayable as a dfs/fantasy option most his career! Lol

They couldn't do it vs Philly. OL was just overwhelmed.

oh I’m not sure they can, just think it pretty much their only hope to sustain some offense. The poor defense is just gonna be asked to do too much.

If Smith can’t move ... yadda yadda yadda.

what’s Brady doing if Wash employs the same tactics? Some magic voodoo dance? No. He’s going to throw the ball away as well.

The D has to score or give them the ball in TB territory at least twice for them to have a shot. I'm expecting Brady to lay down a few times which is pussy shit but does take away the chance of a fumble.

If Smith can’t move ... yadda yadda yadda.

what’s Brady doing if Wash employs the same tactics? Some magic voodoo dance? No. He’s going to throw the ball away as well.

Normally, Smith was mobile enough to make some plays. Against Philly, he had to bail backwards which he was doing about every dropback in the 2h. He had no chance to complete a pass in this manner.

Normally, Smith was mobile enough to make some plays. Against Philly, he had to bail backwards which he was doing about every dropback in the 2h. He had no chance to complete a pass in this manner.
As u might imagine I’m well versed in Smiths athleticism. I’m just saying why is Brady’s complete inability to escape an even better blitz being discounted. It’s incumbent on Wash to stop the quick slants in this one and remain stout against the run

As u might imagine I’m well versed in Smiths athleticism. I’m just saying why is Brady’s complete inability to escape an even better blitz being discounted. It’s incumbent on Wash to stop the quick slants in this one and remain stout against the run

If Brady is laying down or bailing out as soon as he drops back every play, then yeah, TB will have a problem.

Washington's defense is very good, but they're not completely dominant. Had a nice score on them to win the division so I've really been following them for months now.

If Brady is laying down or bailing out as soon as he drops back every play, then yeah, TB will have a problem.

Washington's defense is very good, but they're not completely dominant. Had a nice score on them to win the division so I've really been following them for months now.

how good is Washington’s secondary? Only game of theirs I watched recently was against carolina and early on they were suffocating but as the game went panthers wrs made some plays on them. Obviously their pass rush plays a huge part but if/when Brady has time I’m not sure they can cover all those weapons.

how good is Washington’s secondary? Only game of theirs I watched recently was against carolina and early on they were suffocating but as the game went panthers wrs made some plays on them. Obviously their pass rush plays a huge part but if/when Brady has time I’m not sure they can cover all those weapons.

If you can protect, you can make some plays for sure. They're also prone to give up some longer runs. They play with great effort though.

Both D’s rank very highly against both the run and pass, but you do have to remember that Washington’s numbers came against the 29th ranked schedule too.

Not getting in Tampa way right now. Playing very well offensively. Been a solid team after that Saints blowout. Alex Smith is as immobile as Brady. Defense should get to him fairly often.

Not getting in Tampa way right now. Playing very well offensively. Been a solid team after that Saints blowout. Alex Smith is as immobile as Brady. Defense should get to him fairly often.
Kinda leaning your way.....looking for a dog I can even trust

Back