• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 6 What Are We Learning

SMU/Navy o56.....21-21 HT. Final score 31-24

Virginia @ Louisville -2.5....30-13 Cardinals going into the 4th. Only to give up 21 pts and put up measly FG. Final 34-33 Cavs.

ACC teams trailing by 17 or more in the 4th Q the last 15 years were 2-531. Now they are 3-531. I had Louisville.

You just knew when LV kicked that FG to go up by 6 late what was going to happen

I learned that tuning into Facebook following a Bama loss is not as fun when you cut off the shit talkers for being pompous asses over the years. Oh well..

Iowa are still pretenders. Were being dominated until Clifford went out with the injury. Backup QB Roberson's numbers: 34 yards on 20 passes.
I'm no Iowa fan but c'mon, that defense is elite, best they've had in my lifetime

The defense is excellent, but the team was vastly overrated going into yesterday's game. Now they are even more overrated.
They're no different than what they are every other year except they have a bona fide elite defense

They aren't overrated, they are what everyone knows they are but a bit better this season

Plenty of teams to dissect and fade, it's my favorite thing to do

Wouldn't include Iowa in there

They're no different than what they are every other year except they have a bona fide elite defense

They aren't overrated, they are what everyone knows they are but a bit better this season
Look at their ranking. They're going to be ranked number two. They've outgained their opponents by an average of 43 yards per game. They're not the second best team in the country.

Look at their ranking. They're going to be ranked number two. They've outgained their opponents by an average of 43 yards per game. They're not the second best team in the country.
I don't give two flips about rankings

They're damn good and keeping a team from scoring should far outweigh yardage, it's who they are

The QB has actually exceeded my expectations

Virginia @ Louisville -2.5....30-13 Cardinals going into the 4th. Only to give up 21 pts and put up measly FG. Final 34-33 Cavs.
Is there a worse feeling than the other team having a ball with a game winning ats drive on the line ? It feels like it never fails with defenses these days. I don't even know if it's worth holding your nose because you know whats inevitable. I had Ole Miss and Ville.....ole miss is not a bad beat tho don't know why people are saying that. But Ville I think was a horrible beat, absolutely dominated the run game just like we expected. Defensively when they brought pressure they had virginias number. They had complete control of that game. Satterfield is a joke. Ville actually has good speed and decent talent on D, and are good when they bring pressure but inexplicably played soft zone and offense played to lose.

yesterday was the day were you wished you were playing dogs like florida state, northern illinois, ball state, navy, etc - not a worry instead of dealing with these short numbers were teams blow 20 point leads.

The bounce back in the late games evened it for me:

Texas St.
Georgia Southern

Both teams looked dead in the water ATS at the half, only to crawl back in the second to cover the points.

At the end of the day, we're really putting $$$ on college kids!

I think a team with a real QB and above average WR’s can have success against the GA defense. Good luck running against them. I think most would agree they appear to be the most complete team, but still a ton of ball to be played.

I think a team with a real QB and above average WR’s can have success against the GA defense. Good luck running against them. I think most would agree they appear to be the most complete team, but still a ton of ball to be played.
How you run against UGA

Flank passes to the RB

I thought AU gave up on it too early in the 1st half. Had a really nice script on the first drive, then totally abandoned it.

Y'all have heard me say it before, but Kirby is building teams that are mirror images of those last few Alabama teams he was the DC for. This year's team looks so much like 2015-16 Alabama. The way to beat those teams was to force their offense to keep pace. Maybe UGA can do that, I just haven't seen it yet. Maybe there's not a team in the country that can force them into that kind of game. I would have loved to see Ole Miss play them. Alabama has the potential, but the WR are going to have to get a lot better to really stretch that defense

I thought AU gave up on it too early in the 1st half. Had a really nice script on the first drive, then totally abandoned it.

Y'all have heard me say it before, but Kirby is building teams that are mirror images of those last few Alabama teams he was the DC for. This year's team looks so much like 2015-16 Alabama. The way to beat those teams was to force their offense to keep pace. Maybe UGA can do that, I just haven't seen it yet. Maybe there's not a team in the country that can force them into that kind of game. I would have loved to see Ole Miss play them. Alabama has the potential, but the WR are going to have to get a lot better to really stretch that defense
Great post, but your O-line will have to play better than they did yesterday. The receivers may be fine. UGA back end hasn't been tested.

Great post, but your O-line will have to play better than they did yesterday. The receivers may be fine. UGA back end hasn't been tested.
OL played well in spurts, WR couldn’t catch with the exception of Williams.

Was on the wrong side of that navy one and the Louisville TT O33.5…brutal

"We knew we were going to take shots," Plitt said. "All week in practice we were taking shots, we knew we could run the ball or push the ball down the field in the air. I read something that said we couldn’t throw the ball, we didn’t have a deep threat and I think we proved that wrong this week.”

And players say don't pay attention to what people outside are saying. That was Ball St QB Drew Plitt.

So they’re the 2nd best team in the country?!

Back