• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 3 What Did We Learn

I heard a reporter covering Ok St say that other than the 3 starters at WR that they had, every other WR who made the trip was a walkon. 2 of Ok St's top 3 WRs were out. Ok St's OL was at full strength for the first time this year.

It was a terrible game plan by Boise defense and the lack of adjustments was even worse. I still don’t understand how they let Cowboys control that game? Despite all that if not for a horse shit whistle on what should have been a scoop and score by boise cowboys lose that game. I love k-st this week cause I don’t think okie lite very good.

attack the Los on early downs and force Sanders to throw in obvious passing situations and think you beat them. Fully expect k-st to do just that.

Of course k-st passing attack really limited with Howard also. I just saw they ranked 25th, I don’t like that. Lol

I believe some of those Ok St WRs might be healthy this week.

I feel like the more confident they are in letting Sanders throw the more likely good things happen for the opposing team, lol. I’m way down on k-st now that I see them ranked 25th tho. I don’t like taking a ranked dog vs unranked team, and I really don’t trust k-st offense much with Howard at qb:

Gundy finally just gave up trying to coach Sanders to make decisions and did away with the RPO plays. Against Boise he just called either Spencer designed run or hand it off to the back and he runs. Almost did away with passing too because that calls for Spencer reading the D and making a decision. Okla State looked MUCH better as a result
Does this mean we should play them under?

Does this mean we should play them under?

I know there gonna be a ton more rushing attempts than passing attempts this week as k-st with backup qb rather not throw much either, that obviously should be good for the under. That said 46 is such a tough total to play under in ncaa fb for me. If you made me play the total I would have to play under, just don’t think I want to bet it.

Sk did mention Cowboys should be getting wrs back also. A big part of me betting (and losing) on Boise last week was the fact up until that game okie lite rushing attack been non existent this year and going back to last. So who knows if they stick with their newfound commitment to the run? I def don’t expect k-st defense to play nearly as soft as Boise did which made it incredibly easy for Cowboys to continue handing it off play after play!!

I know there gonna be a ton more rushing attempts than passing attempts this week as k-st with backup qb rather not throw much either, that obviously should be good for the under. That said 46 is such a tough total to play under in ncaa fb for me. If you made me play the total I would have to play under, just don’t think I want to bet it.
I don't mind unders in the mid 40s and played it in UW/Cal at 45, could get 46 I think now

Love the perception that somehow Cal's defense sucks after this last weekend and Washington finally figured "it" out

I really like both of these defenses and to go out on a limb I think 20 pts wins

Don't mind eating crow if I'm wrong

I don't mind unders in the mid 40s and played it in UW/Cal at 45, could get 46 I think now

Love the perception that somehow Cal's defense sucks after this last weekend and Washington finally figured "it" out

I really like both of these defenses and to go out on a limb I think 20 pts wins

Don't mind eating crow if I'm wrong

I just saw your thread and you were on that udub under. My perception of cal d is based off all their games this year. Actually thought the only game they played decent on that side was the Nevada game. I thought udub started figuring out a passing attack in the 2nd half the Michigan game, certainly wouldn’t base if just off last week against a awful defense. I just dunno if cal capable of holding a team under 27 or so? Also think as disappointing cal defense has been the offense has been surprisingly decent w Garbers back. Really think both teams will score 20+ so obviously lean over. I certainly could be wrong, wouldn’t shock me if it was more like a 20-17 type game. In general not like I’m totally against mid 40s unders, I just have to really love it to play them.

Toledo vs Ball State

Not sure anyone has been more disappointing in the MAC so far than Ball State, well, at least in the West. Ball State won the league last year, beat up on San Jose St in the bowl. Had a lot coming back but did lose an exceptional RB and a great CB. But Ball State has sucked this year, even the way they won vs Western Ill wasn't good.

I said two weeks ago I didn't have a "feel" for Toledo and still do not. Defense is pretty good. Offense? Don't know.

Toledo vs Ball State

Not sure anyone has been more disappointing in the MAC so far than Ball State, well, at least in the West. Ball State won the league last year, beat up on San Jose St in the bowl. Had a lot coming back but did lose an exceptional RB and a great CB. But Ball State has sucked this year, even the way they won vs Western Ill wasn't good.

I said two weeks ago I didn't have a "feel" for Toledo and still do not. Defense is pretty good. Offense? Don't know.

maybe an under play in Muncie ? Toledo scored 6 points last week and had 9 points total going into the 4th quarter of the ball state game last year. Ball State seems very regressed offensively this year too.

whatsup with all these mid majors bringing everyone back from last year and getting worse ? I'm losing bets thinking these guys should at least be close to last year with all these super seniors. San Jose State has problems. That team can't catch a cold, can't run. Was a physical football team last year. Can't even push around hawaii now.

I'm still convinced Ball State and San Jose of last year give Penn State and USC games.

@EL CAPO some teams are definitely perplexing.

While I do think that 2020's Ball St team and 2020's San Jose St teams compete better vs what happened vs Penn St and USC 2021, I've also come to understand that fact that a lot of the group of 5 teams last year did not play out of conference P5 games. So while Ball State had fantastic offensive production, it was all vs teams their own size. Ball St of course blew San Jose out in the bowl, but Ball ST did have a pick-six and 3 of BSU's 5 TD drives were 50 yards or less due to field position.

San Jose, another great team and great story from last year, but the toughest teams they played were all MWC teams, and then Ball St did what they did to them in the bowl.

Thus, I've come to the conclusion that since we didn't see some of these teams play up last year, didn't see them in the measuring stick games perhaps they were overvalued somewhat? And the overall stats and production skewed? And for group of 5 teams, when they did lose a key contributor or two off of last year's team it is having more of a detrimental effect than the better recruited rosters of other teams.

@EL CAPO some teams are definitely perplexing.

While I do think that 2020's Ball St team and 2020's San Jose St teams compete better vs what happened vs Penn St and USC 2021, I've also come to understand that fact that a lot of the group of 5 teams last year did not play out of conference P5 games. So while Ball State had fantastic offensive production, it was all vs teams their own size. Ball St of course blew San Jose out in the bowl, but Ball ST did have a pick-six and 3 of BSU's 5 TD drives were 50 yards or less due to field position.

San Jose, another great team and great story from last year, but the toughest teams they played were all MWC teams, and then Ball St did what they did to them in the bowl.

Thus, I've come to the conclusion that since we didn't see some of these teams play up last year, didn't see them in the measuring stick games perhaps they were overvalued somewhat? And the overall stats and production skewed? And for group of 5 teams, when they did lose a key contributor or two off of last year's team it is having more of a detrimental effect than the better recruited rosters of other teams.

I'd agree with that , overvaluation that makes you realize the separation in conferences for sure. I still think there was enough context entering this year with the libertys and coastals beating byu, virginia tech, nc state, etc to think the mac could compete and we've seen western michigan and northern illinois do it this year

Matchups play a part in this and I'd point to Western Michigan - pitt last week and there was a matchup issue in the penn state game in that ball state has to rely on there run game to do what they want . As for san jose - I'm going to be on western michigan this week, that team in particular looks very different than last year

Back