• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 3 Discussion Thread

Giants shouldn’t have much problem w dog shit falcons should they? -3 seems kinda light. Atl doesn’t have the dudes to take advantage of giants Oline do they?
I love pain so I'm sure I'll be on Falcons +3 at +100 or a 3.5 preferred if I can get -120 or so. Just can't get to this number on GMen.

I've noticed a couple of people starting to talk themselves into the Birds this weekend, and I'd just note a couple of things.

Brandon Graham on the DL has been lost for the year. Brandon Brooks on the OL is now on the IR. Zach Ertz was/is vaccinated so it's possible he still plays Monday even though he popped for Covid, but as of right now it's a huge question.

Here's the thing, I love the Birds, and I'm really rooting for Jalen Hurts to prove to be the guy. Nothing would make me happier than to see him throw for four TDs and have the Birds win this game this week. That said, what is far more likely is that Dallas just runs all over Philly. Dallas re-committed to the run last week which they telegraphed all week after the TB game, and it worked. My guess is, they use Zeke to set up the pass, the Eagles don't have enough talent in the secondary and Dallas gets a lot of chances to make plays.

There will be spots for the Birds this year, and I could be totally wrong, this could be one of them. But Dallas is only 1-1, there's no reason to think this would be a let-down spot for them. A win here and you're tied for control of the division with a team starting a backup QB. This game feels like 27-13, 31-17, Dallas.

Carolina may blow the doors off TX and maybe they have something going but I feel like part of it is fool’s gold. I only saw highlights of the 1st game but I watched the whole 2nd game and I’m just not buying them as a real threat

I've noticed a couple of people starting to talk themselves into the Birds this weekend, and I'd just note a couple of things.

Brandon Graham on the DL has been lost for the year. Brandon Brooks on the OL is now on the IR. Zach Ertz was/is vaccinated so it's possible he still plays Monday even though he popped for Covid, but as of right now it's a huge question.

Here's the thing, I love the Birds, and I'm really rooting for Jalen Hurts to prove to be the guy. Nothing would make me happier than to see him throw for four TDs and have the Birds win this game this week. That said, what is far more likely is that Dallas just runs all over Philly. Dallas re-committed to the run last week which they telegraphed all week after the TB game, and it worked. My guess is, they use Zeke to set up the pass, the Eagles don't have enough talent in the secondary and Dallas gets a lot of chances to make plays.

There will be spots for the Birds this year, and I could be totally wrong, this could be one of them. But Dallas is only 1-1, there's no reason to think this would be a let-down spot for them. A win here and you're tied for control of the division with a team starting a backup QB. This game feels like 27-13, 31-17, Dallas.

It would mostly be a fade of Dallas for me. Just not sure they should be laying 4 to anyone w a pulse, still don’t think they much more than a 9 or so win team.

Reactions: KJ
It would mostly be a fade of Dallas for me. Just not sure they should be laying 4 to anyone w a pulse, still don’t think they much more than a 9 or so win team.

Makes sense. Though if that's the case, maybe wait. That line may not go up, but I can't see it going down. I'd feel better teasing Philly, tbh. You get them to 10, they did a good job staying inside that number vs. an arguably better team than Dallas in SF. More backdoor potential if Hurts turns the ball over too much or if both teams decide to start scoring.

Makes sense. Though if that's the case, maybe wait. That line may not go up, but I can't see it going down. I'd feel better teasing Philly, tbh. You get them to 10, they did a good job staying inside that number vs. an arguably better team than Dallas in SF. More backdoor potential if Hurts turns the ball over too much or if both teams decide to start scoring.

Yea I’m in no hurry to play it. If it wasn’t Monday night probably wouldn’t, lol.

Spot on methinks

Buffalo vs WFT is a really interesting matchup imo. Buf offense and WFT defense have been among the most disappointing units for me thus far.
I stopped concentrating on Buf after they got the 1H TT the other day, did they just go conservative?

I stopped concentrating on Buf after they got the 1H TT the other day, did they just go conservative?
Not really. Allen has had trouble so far this season getting into a rhythm. Week 1 he was getting pressured nearly every snap, but still missed potential td passes to open wr. LW he was protected well and missed what I think would be an easy td pass to Diggs along with a couple other questionable reads/throws. The play calling did shift more to the run game 2ndh but Allen still is shaking off the rust, and Diggs/Beasley only combined for 12 targets- big time outlier. Running game is definitely coming together so a more balanced offense should translate to more opportunities for Allen. I'm not ready to say Allen has regressed but there is a little concern. If he looks bad this week I'll start to worry. I do think the offense flows so much better when they are working the slot with Beasley, who is also off to a shaky start. Gabe Davis back won't hurt although Sanders has been playing well.

The defense played out of their minds,and the dl getting pressure is making all the difference. AJ epineza getting to the qb seemingly every play. Milano is playing like an all pro LB. I still think when they play a great qb with weapons and a line our secondary could get torched. Heinicke is playing well but White on McLaurin and the line getting pressure might result in some turnovers this week.

Chase could be due for a breakout day, and the Buf oline has has two performances on either side of the spectrum so who knows what you get. I just keep looking back to what the Giants did vs Wash and Danny boy running all over them. If Allen gets flushed he might run for 2 tds and throw for 3. Wash D allowing nearly 300 passing a game and 100+ on the ground. Could be breakout day for Josh & the Bills offense.

I wouldn't go near the Skins in any fashion but would tend to think this goes over.

Saints ML or nothing for me. I'm not buying the Patriots and now they are playing a team that can stop the run and force Mac to throw. Lattimore should be back right? Kamara off a terrible game Saints should be able to dink and dunk their way to a road win.

Not to make you think about yet another thing for this weekend, but ... I think two things start to come into play with the rookie-ish QBs over the coming two weeks.

First, now that we're two games in, other teams have actual game film on guys. So if you think of the rookies/new starters on a spectrum from say Davis Mills and Taylor Heinicke on the low end to Jalen Hurts (and Tua if he was playing) on the high end, defenses will now have multiple games to look at to see what these guys are really doing. What routes they like to throw to, how they move, how they may be tipping plays or passes, etc.

I think you saw a bleeding edge indicator of this last week with Hurts playing SF and managing all of 11 points and Wilson going up against Belichick and vomiting up turnovers for 60 minutes. My point is, particularly this week and next, I would not be surprised at all to see guys like Wilson, Lawrence, and Jones struggle a bit as the league adjusts to them. Especially when you have guys like Wilson going against another good D in Denver, and Jones playing NO.

In fact, with Mac Jones, I think this game sets up well for the under. If you think about it, Belichick has been bringing Jones along slowly, which is smart, not asking him to do too much. This means just keep moving the chains. Conversely, if I'm New Orleans, that's actually what I want. Force Jones to prove he can sustain long drives. Now that I have two games to look at, I feel pretty good that I can bait him into some bad throws or at least get him off the field after a first down or two. On the other side of the ball, if you're Bill B., I think you have to be targeting the same with Jameis, right? The guy's prone to turnovers, the way to coach him out of that is to force him to just take what the defense gives him. That feels like a recipe for bleeding the clock which, to me, may have more room in it than a short line on the side.

The other thing that I think we're going to start seeing come into play with the young guys is crowd noise. Remember, last year, Herbert had a great year, but every stadium he went into had no fans. What happens when he now has to go into Kansas City, Denver, etc. Same goes for the rookies. Some of these guys may have had some fans last year in college, but now they're going to start getting NFL level hostile crowds and having to fight off HFA for their opponents. Probably not a huge deal, at least not as much as other teams having tape on you. But it's different when you can't hear yourself calling plays and your team can't hear the snap count. Let's see what happens to someone like Wilson in Denver, Heinicke in Buffalo, and Hurts in Dallas.

Not really. Allen has had trouble so far this season getting into a rhythm. Week 1 he was getting pressured nearly every snap, but still missed potential td passes to open wr. LW he was protected well and missed what I think would be an easy td pass to Diggs along with a couple other questionable reads/throws. The play calling did shift more to the run game 2ndh but Allen still is shaking off the rust, and Diggs/Beasley only combined for 12 targets- big time outlier. Running game is definitely coming together so a more balanced offense should translate to more opportunities for Allen. I'm not ready to say Allen has regressed but there is a little concern. If he looks bad this week I'll start to worry. I do think the offense flows so much better when they are working the slot with Beasley, who is also off to a shaky start. Gabe Davis back won't hurt although Sanders has been playing well.

The defense played out of their minds,and the dl getting pressure is making all the difference. AJ epineza getting to the qb seemingly every play. Milano is playing like an all pro LB. I still think when they play a great qb with weapons and a line our secondary could get torched. Heinicke is playing well but White on McLaurin and the line getting pressure might result in some turnovers this week.

Chase could be due for a breakout day, and the Buf oline has has two performances on either side of the spectrum so who knows what you get. I just keep looking back to what the Giants did vs Wash and Danny boy running all over them. If Allen gets flushed he might run for 2 tds and throw for 3. Wash D allowing nearly 300 passing a game and 100+ on the ground. Could be breakout day for Josh & the Bills offense.

I wouldn't go near the Skins in any fashion but would tend to think this goes over.

I also wanted to add, I loved Lex's Bills breakdown. I think there's a possibility of a breakout game from them this week. I don't like this spot for Washington, I don't like a backup QB against this defense, and I think the Bills are going to be motivated after laying an egg in their home opener.

Bucs should have lost week 1. It was 28-25 before two defensive TDs in week 2 against a bad team. Brady exposed two horrendous defenses.

Go back to last season, I’m still not a Bucs fan.

I mean I keep losing going against them, but I’ll be on the Rams.

I also wanted to add, I loved Lex's Bills breakdown. I think there's a possibility of a breakout game from them this week. I don't like this spot for Washington, I don't like a backup QB against this defense, and I think the Bills are going to be motivated after laying an egg in their home opener.

I agree bills could potentially explode this week. Washington’s defense hasn’t looked anything like the world beaters they been advertised as. Just look how much pressure Dallas got on Herbert in LA (although it was a 50/50 crowd at best), week 1 Herbert had all day to throw on 3rd downs at Washington. Then giants with their crappy oline pretty much roasted them the entire game. Thought that was a terrible matchup for Gmen and they had very little problem keeping Jones upright. There all kinds of talent on that defensive front but thru 2 weeks they have not been delivering.

Bucs should have lost week 1. It was 28-25 before two defensive TDs in week 2 against a bad team. Brady exposed two horrendous defenses.

Go back to last season, I’m still not a Bucs fan.

I mean I keep losing going against them, but I’ll be on the Rams.

Their defense hasn’t come close to picking up where they left off in playoffs that for sure. I think Donald prob the guy Brady least wants to see as he hates that interior pressure. Havnt decided yet but think it be Rams or nothing for me.

Saints ML or nothing for me. I'm not buying the Patriots and now they are playing a team that can stop the run and force Mac to throw. Lattimore should be back right? Kamara off a terrible game Saints should be able to dink and dunk their way to a road win.
The kid is 51 of 69 with no picks in two games. I don't think they are afraid of him throwing.

I’m perfectly good with Jones throwing. I don’t think saints will have any more success rushing vs pats defense. I trust hoody defense to give jamis plenty of problems. Of course I’m pretty high on pats/believe they a playoff team anx not sold on saints.

• Love
I’m perfectly good with Jones throwing. I don’t think saints will have any more success rushing vs pats defense. I trust hoody defense to give jamis plenty of problems. Of course I’m pretty high on pats/believe they a playoff team anx not sold on saints.
I think they are both at best the third best teams in their divisions, would certainly not be sold on either especially when competent DCs get enough footage on Mac. Two less than good teams imo usually equals over in my book. Not sure if I play it but wouldn't go the other way for sure

Someone mentioned the under in the saints/pats game, I think that probably a reasonable way to play it also, pretty low tho. Pats the only play I grabbed right away, I’m committed to that side so won’t be messing w total. I think mcdaniels doing a good job bring Mac along, havnt asked him to do a ton yet as he has super low air yards, I can’t wait for a team to take the short routes away and see if he can hit some bigger plays, I think he be up to it but I could be wrong. Just trust his decision making, anticipation, and accuracy. He landed in the perfect spot.

Someone mentioned the under in the saints/pats game, I think that probably a reasonable way to play it also, pretty low tho. Pats the only play I grabbed right away, I’m committed to that side so won’t be messing w total. I think mcdaniels doing a good job bring Mac along, havnt asked him to do a ton yet as he has super low air yards, I can’t wait for a team to take the short routes away and see if he can hit some bigger plays, I think he be up to it but I could be wrong. Just trust his decision making, anticipation, and accuracy. He landed in the perfect spot.
Agree he landed in the right spot, doesn't make them good imo

Two ordinary to below ordinary teams in any sport, not just football, I like overs. Think OCs get creative and do some fun things especially at this point in the season. Why not? Just saying it's a Bellichick defense doesn't do squat for me. The total is too low. Think there will be a ton of plays and with these two QBs it wouldn't shock me to see a couple passes go the other direction for 6. Wasn't looking much at this one but this would be a wheelhouse over for me. Neither team is winning anything this season, might as well have some fun.

I think they are both at best the third best teams in their divisions, would certainly not be sold on either especially when competent DCs get enough footage on Mac. Two less than good teams imo usually equals over in my book. Not sure if I play it but wouldn't go the other way for sure

I disagree with pats being 3rd in their division, I think they easily second behind bills and wouldn’t be shocked if they challenge Buffalo for 1st, not saying they pass them but don’t think bills running away from them. Imo they were without a doubt the better team against fish despite the outcome in week 1, without the 2 fumbles pats win that game by 2 scores i think.

I’m not worried about Jones getting figured out, what is there to know they don’t already? If anything I believe pats offense will get better as we go deeper into the season cause I think they will be able to make defenses pay when they start trying to take away the underneath. Not saying Mac gonna start leading a high powered downfield attack but I do think he has the ability to push the ball downfield more when situation calls for it.

Agree he landed in the right spot, doesn't make them good imo

Two ordinary to below ordinary teams in any sport, not just football, I like overs. Think OCs get creative and do some fun things especially at this point in the season. Why not? Just saying it's a Bellichick defense doesn't do squat for me. The total is too low. Think there will be a ton of plays and with these two QBs it wouldn't shock me to see a couple passes go the other direction for 6. Wasn't looking much at this one but this would be a wheelhouse over for me. Neither team is winning anything this season, might as well have some fun.

We obviously disagree a bunch on what the pats are. Not saying they winning the SB but I think they a playoff team/will be right there for one the WC spots. I don’t think saints scoring a whole lot but as I said I’m not interested in the total as pats my favorite side this week, as of now anyways.

I disagree with pats being 3rd in their division, I think they easily second behind bills and wouldn’t be shocked if they challenge Buffalo for 1st, not saying they pass them but don’t think bills running away from them. Imo they were without a doubt the better team against fish despite the outcome in week 1, without the 2 fumbles pats win that game by 2 scores i think.

I’m not worried about Jones getting figured out, what is there to know they don’t already? If anything I believe pats offense will get better as we go deeper into the season cause I think they will be able to make defenses pay when they start trying to take away the underneath. Not saying Mac gonna start leading a high powered downfield attack but I do think he has the ability to push the ball downfield more when situation calls for it.
I simply don't think they're that good and living in gamble world on past perception. Pre season I had them 3rd in division and that won't change but that because the Jets really can't get anything right. Ever. Miami is better than NE defensively.

I simply don't think they're that good and living in gamble world on past perception. Pre season I had them 3rd in division and that won't change but that because the Jets really can't get anything right. Ever. Miami is better than NE defensively.

Like I said we obviously disagree on them. I had them better than fish coming in and nothing changed after the 1st 2 weeks. Assuming their corner comes back I’d still take pats d.

Like I said we obviously disagree on them. I had them better than fish coming in and nothing changed after the 1st 2 weeks. Assuming their corner comes back I’d still take pats d.
I just don't see remotely an identity for this team. It's clear Brady made Hoodie and not vice versa. He's more like Browns Hoodie now. To me it would be damn near a miracle if they make the playoff but the two freebies against the Jets help. They are the Mississippi State of the NFL in my books. Not only no identity but I don't see a plan there. Thought the Mac draft was desperation. I'd rather have Greg McElroy lead my team at this point if you need a Bama QB

I just don't see remotely an identity for this team. It's clear Brady made Hoodie and not vice versa. He's more like Browns Hoodie now. To me it would be damn near a miracle if they make the playoff but the two freebies against the Jets help. They are the Mississippi State of the NFL in my books. Not only no identity but I don't see a plan there. Thought the Mac draft was desperation. I'd rather have Greg McElroy lead my team at this point if you need a Bama QB

Lol. I can’t believe how differently we see it. Not sure how it clear Brady made him? They would have been garbage last year with Brady as the talent level was way down. Obviously Brady being the man at end of games in the clutch made the style work but still think the formula basically the same. I like Mac better than Tua so don’t see that as desperation, they got him at a good spot compared to where Tua was drafted.

Lol. I can’t believe how differently we see it. Not sure how it clear Brady made him? They would have been garbage last year with Brady as the talent level was way down. Obviously Brady being the man at end of games in the clutch made the style work but still think the formula basically the same. I like Mac better than Tua so don’t see that ads desperation, they got him at a good spot compared to where Tua was drafted.
makes zero sense

If you made me explain New England at the moment in a sentence, I'd likely wilt

Also it's not saying they don't win/cover this weekend, talked myself in to a hard over lean for sure

Just would love to see whatever blue print they're looking at

They have the same identity they have had most the last 20 years don’t they? Minus the greatest qb In history. Which why they not Sb contenders but they still look like a team who should win 9–10 games I think.

Also it's not saying they don't win/cover this weekend, talked myself in to a hard over lean for sure

Just would love to see whatever blue print they're looking at

I don’t think either of us like the saints all that much.

• Love
I don’t think either of us like the saints all that much.
This is true

And to that point, why I'm going to entertain the over pretty hard

I think there will be several short fields for both teams unless they both just try to take the air out the ball

you're supposed to be a situational better
If you played Bellichek against ... cuz he destroyed rook QB's, don't you think he could evaluate his own rook QB?

you're supposed to be a situational better
If you played Bellichek against ... cuz he destroyed rook QB's, don't you think he could evaluate his own rook QB?
Not as much a fan of situations in the pros but I'll look at it

CFB and CBB are much better for that for me because of their ages among a ton of other things

But legit question for Belli and QB...when in his life has he evaluated well other than Brady? And that was a fluke really.

Back