• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 3 Discussion Thread

I was on Utah last week and watched that shitshow. I don't know how they lost that game, but I saw some rotoworld guy write up why in a convincing fashion. I'll probably be on ASU Saturday. I might avoid Utah against SDSU, I don't like Brewer.

"The Utah-BYU game also had a bit of a deceiving 26-17 finish. Utah averaged more yards per run, and more yards per pass, on a higher percentage completions, while only finishing with 40 less total yards. But the Utes finished -2 in turnover differential and got slaughtered on situational plays, going 2-for-9 on third down and 0-for-2 on fourth down (18.1% combined) while BYU went 11-for-19 and 1-for-1 (60.0%), respectively."

I get it ...

Gonna look more myself.

Curious what @Marsski thinks about his Cats
Well, I was at the Oregon game so I totally missed the meltdown against Duquesne...so I've basically seen only about 2/3 of game vs Cuse...

Looks like it could be a lost year for my Cats. HC Albin hasn't figured it out and was making excuses after the Duquesne game. Little Rourke has been terrible and they are scared to throw when Rogers comes in. He was the WAC freshman of the year so I don't know why he isn't better honestly. I'm not sure that the pistol that they run is well suited for Rourke who has a good arm but not great running the ball.

I was expecting the offense to be decent with a good running game, so I'm still holding out hope that they can put some points up tonight...but yeah I would need 24+ to bet them tonight. The defense is a total mess, they couldn't get off the field against Duquesne. LaLa should have their way.
Lean to the Over 56 and Bobcats TT over 18.5...see something like 42-20 in the cards...number has moved down...not sure who is betting the Cats unless LaLa is worse than I think...

Well, I was at the Oregon game so I totally missed the meltdown against Duquesne...so I've basically seen only about 2/3 of game vs Cuse...

Looks like it could be a lost year for my Cats. HC Albin hasn't figured it out and was making excuses after the Duquesne game. Little Rourke has been terrible and they are scared to throw when Rogers comes in. He was the WAC freshman of the year so I don't know why he isn't better honestly. I'm not sure that the pistol that they run is well suited for Rourke who has a good arm but not great running the ball.

I was expecting the offense to be decent with a good running game, so I'm still holding out hope that they can put some points up tonight...but yeah I would need 24+ to bet them tonight. The defense is a total mess, they couldn't get off the field against Duquesne. LaLa should have their way.
Lean to the Over 56 and Bobcats TT over 18.5...see something like 42-20 in the cards...number has moved down...not sure who is betting the Cats unless LaLa is worse than I think...
Only thing I really know about ull is their trouble running the ball so far

im sure ive mentioned already but i just dont see where the points gonna come from in the vtech/wvu game? feels like a total field position game, i dont think either team is gonna have many 80 yard drives on these defenses.. in the rare case they do pull one of those off it gonna eat up half a quarter!!! i made this 45 so was kinda surprised it 50.. honestly think the biggest worry would be ot where they go in tied at 17 or 20..

i dont particularly like boise this year, i think whomever comes out the other side the MW whether it sjst or nevada will beat them, dont like their qb all that much. that said something doesnt seem right with okie lite, now they gotta play on the smurf turf!! i cant remember the last time boise got a power 5 to come there, def. not the place you wanna be playing a game if your team has issues. it makes no sense how bad their running game has been last 2 years, the qb was the leading rusher last week, speaking of qb i think Sanders a turnover waiting to happen.. cowboys could fuck around and get rolled here imo.

im sure ive mentioned already but i just dont see where the points gonna come from in the vtech/wvu game? feels like a total field position game, i dont think either team is gonna have many 80 yard drives on these defenses.. in the rare case they do pull one of those off it gonna eat up half a quarter!!! i made this 45 so was kinda surprised it 50.. honestly think the biggest worry would be ot where they go in tied at 17 or 20..

WVU D is below last year I think. Don't necessarily disagree with under however.

Special team return yards maybe? WVU Winton Wright #1 NCAA KO ret avg and VT Tayvion Robinson #4 NCAA punt return avg.

WVU D is below last year I think. Don't necessarily disagree with under however.

Special team return yards maybe? WVU Winton Wright #1 NCAA KO ret avg and VT Tayvion Robinson #4 NCAA punt return avg.

yea I’d prob agree with that (wvu defense not being as stout as last year) but neither offense is explosive at all so outside of sp returns I think scores gonna come from long time consuming drives or getting short fields. Just think it be a real grind for both. Even the Maryland game after halftime the defenses really took control and I certainly don’t see anywhere close to that kind of start offensively in this one. Neither team really has the dudes on the outside.

FYI - if anyone cares - I’ve heard no Joe Milton today for Vols, but I expect them to use this game to get the offense humming with both Hooker and Bailey in case they need to go. That was their plan for BG but didn’t work out that way. Took Vols and Vols TT. Think we see something like 56-3 final

FYI - if anyone cares - I’ve heard no Joe Milton today for Vols, but I expect them to use this game to get the offense humming with both Hooker and Bailey in case they need to go. That was their plan for BG but didn’t work out that way. Took Vols and Vols TT. Think we see something like 56-3 final

Wondered about that total too. Sometimes you get these games where the favorite can achieve the over themselves. 52.

The Albany - Syracuse total is surprisingly low to me also, 41.5. I might be dumb, but Syracuse sluggish O should get looser today and Albany QB had a pretty good year back in 2019.

Wondered about that total too. Sometimes you get these games where the favorite can achieve the over themselves. 52.

The Albany - Syracuse total is surprisingly low to me also, 41.5. I might be dumb, but Syracuse sluggish O should get looser today and Albany QB had a pretty good year back in 2019.
Yeah - the line to me says they think Tennessee is going to take it easy and just run it and move on to Florida. I don’t get that feeling at all. Think Heupel wants to put a big one. I could be completely wrong but from following the team, that’s just what I gather.

What is anyone playing on GT-Clemson? 28.5/52.5

2020 73-7 (27)
2019 52-14 (37)
2018 49-21 (16)

Talk about Clemson being pretty far off recent editions. Suppose if they don't blow out GT like they always do that will be final confirmation of such. Kind of have a hunch GT hangs in here, but it is solely a hunch, I am not well versed on GT and haven't watched any Clemson this year.

2020 73-7 (27)
2019 52-14 (37)
2018 49-21 (16)

Talk about Clemson being pretty far off recent editions. Suppose if they don't blow out GT like they always do that will be final confirmation of such. Kind of have a hunch GT hangs in here, but it is solely a hunch, I am not well versed on GT and haven't watched any Clemson this year.
Would rather have Jeff Sims if I were taking the Jackets.

Sims from a running standpoint yes. Not sure he is better passer than Yates, probably not, but running QB vs Clemson would be nice.

Does Clemson put up a 40-50 number here like normal vs GT? Can this Clemson put up that number vs an ACC foe?

Sims from a running standpoint yes. Not sure he is better passer than Yates, probably not, but running QB vs Clemson would be nice.

Does Clemson put up a 40-50 number here like normal vs GT? Can this Clemson put up that number vs an ACC foe?
Very good questions. I'm not sold on DJ. He looks overwhelmed. I'd like to see him loosen up a bit. Not a Dabo fan. Think he is goofy at best, but the guy is LOVED by his team.

M.W., would be better suited to answer these.

Yeah - the line to me says they think Tennessee is going to take it easy and just run it and move on to Florida. I don’t get that feeling at all. Think Heupel wants to put a big one. I could be completely wrong but from following the team, that’s just what I gather.
And another thing - this line is essentially saying that Bowling Green/Tennessee Tech are equal - I can assure you that is not the case. Tennessee Tech is bad bad (I went to undergrad there so trust me)

And another thing - this line is essentially saying that Bowling Green/Tennessee Tech are equal - I can assure you that is not the case. Tennessee Tech is bad bad (I went to undergrad there so trust me)

Outscored 78-14 this year vs two FCS teams. The BGSU line got bet up to the mid 30s, it maybe shouldn't have been that high. BG-3 vs Tenn Tech? Sounds reasonable. BG is 2.5pt dog home today vs Murray St.

2020 73-7 (27)
2019 52-14 (37)
2018 49-21 (16)

Very good questions. I'm not sold on DJ. He looks overwhelmed. I'd like to see him loosen up a bit. Not a Dabo fan. Think he is goofy at best, but the guy is LOVED by his team.
M.W., would be better suited to answer these.

I guess not, line dropped from 28.5 to 27.5 pretty quick

Outscored 78-14 this year vs two FCS teams. The BGSU line got bet up to the mid 30s, it maybe shouldn't have been that high. BG-3 vs Tenn Tech? Sounds reasonable. BG is 2.5pt dog home today vs Murray St.
That's another one that's gone against BG - believe I saw them -1 initially

Murray State's 1st H vs Cincy likely influencing move, people look for reasons to fade BG of course. BG 2-0 ATS this year and have a chance at 3-0 today. Baby steps.

Last edited:
Appears like Lynch is QB again for Temple. Mathis not warming up

Problem I have is I like under in Clemson but also like Clemson and obviously those don't correlate to making a confident wager

2020 73-7 (27)
2019 52-14 (37)
2018 49-21 (16)

That would make GT team total 12. How does Tech exceed that?

Tech’s secondary is a bunch of underachieving 4* players. A lot of the blame has to be placed on the lack of a pass rush. I’m going to guess something like 38-3 in this one.

2020 73-7 (27)
2019 52-14 (37)
2018 49-21 (16)

I played GT + and I'm fully expecting to hate myself early on.

Would rather have Jeff Sims if I were taking the Jackets.
Clemson is not far off from recent editions. In fact this year’s team looks like the best since ‘18 simply because of the improvement on defense. Middle of the OL is a weakness, and DJ is struggling a bit, but it’s really not going to matter against anyone other than Georgia and Alabama.

Not starting a thread but here's what I'm on so far today (will be watching live as usual)

Tennessee 1H -22
Tennessee TT O44.5 x 2
Tennessee Tech/Tennessee O50
Nebraska/Oklahoma O62.5
Oklahoma TT O41.5
Cincy/Indiana U50.5
Nevada/KSt O49.5
Fresno/UCLA O62.5

Not placed yet but will most likely be on

Florida over 2 TDs
Auburn + (hoping for a 6 - may stalk live)

Not starting a thread but here's what I'm on so far today (will be watching live as usual)

Tennessee 1H -22
Tennessee TT O44.5 x 2
Nebraska/Oklahoma O62.5
Oklahoma TT O41.5
Cincy/Indiana U50.5
Nevada/KSt O49.5
Fresno/UCLA O62.5

Florida over 2 TDs
I hope this isn’t a mistake, but I like the over more than side or TT in UT game. I’m about to bet it right now.

Yeah - I’m guessing it doesn’t take much to move the lines in these games, but the opening total was just wrong, IMO. I still think it goes O54.
Good to hear. I went ahead and played it. Maybe your staff can get us another quick 7 points on a punt block this week.

Tennessee 1H -22
Tennessee TT O44.5 x 2
Nebraska/Oklahoma O62.5
Oklahoma TT O41.5
Cincy/Indiana U50.5
Nevada/KSt O49.5
Fresno/UCLA O62.5

Florida over 2 TDs

i like the cincy under and ucla over, im so invested in cincy i probably wont mess with the total tho.. most likely will be on the ucla over with you, i like bruins defense this year quite a bit but i think fresno offense is good enough to hang 20-24 which i think be all the help bruins need to hit that number.. i think gators the right side but i cant bet against bama,, i thought was interesting i heard one them guys from one the vegas books on some podcast saying this was gonna be a really rare week where they gonna be rooting for bama!! he seemed pretty happy bout it!! lol

it dont make any sense to me they not going with Hooker. the only time i got nervous at all bout pitt last week was when hooker came in.,.,

it dont make any sense to me they not going with Hooker. the only time i got nervous at all bout pitt last week was when hooker came in.,.,
Eh - Milton can run the offense better but doesn’t matter since he can’t seem to hit a deep ball. Was hoping they’d get him so easy live reps today. Will be curious to see how the other 2 do today. Vols sitting 4 key guys on D today too. Should help the over

Eh - Milton can run the offense better but doesn’t matter since he can’t seem to hit a deep ball. Was hoping they’d get him so easy live reps today. Will be curious to see how the other 2 do today. Vols sitting 4 key guys on D today too. Should help the over

i really like Hooker, i thought Vtech goi much better when they went to him as their qb.

Vtech/wvu should be a low scoring affair. Kinda surprised the total isn’t in the 40s honestly. No way do I see it taking more than 24 to win that game.

Was that the most dramatic and exciting under winner you ever had or what?

It's nice to not be dumb sometimes. The Syracuse Over was the best Over I've ever bet! They hit it mid 2nd Q!

Was that the most dramatic and exciting under winner you ever had or what?

it was certainly up there,, lol.. it woulda been a pretty awful loss considering where it sat with 6-7 min to go, still having several scores to spare and wvu in a position they shoulda been trying to run out the clock. then wvu screws around and let that hookies qb scramble for 25 yards on 3rd and 24!!!obviously leading to a td a few plays later, still in pretty good position with a td to spare and once again a 3rd and forever (18 i think) wvu lets a 2 yard checkdown go for a 25 yard td, fucking neers played such good d for the most part but simply fell apart on those 2 3rd and really longs!! had me pulling my hair out!!! even at that point w 2-3 min left and cant having any more scores felt pretty good with wvu getting the ball and been able to get the clock well down under 2 min and hookies out of time outs when they punt it back to them. that when the dumb mfers really fall apart with a penalty then a int!!?!?!!??!! i didnt see the play as i had turned back to the cincy game thinking we were just gonna get a run then a punt, only to turn it back and see tech with ball inside 10!!! i couldnt freaking believe it, no idea what possessed them to even attempt a pass? the way wvu defense had played i felt really good with the notion they wouldnt allow hookies to drive the entire field and score a td with less than 2 min. wasnt gonna happen!! bad bad bad coaching decision!!

the aub/psu under was pretty scary also,, thought it was toast on that play where psu returned a fumble for a td that would have pushed total over,, luckily the aub kid was down!!! good for refs to not blow the whistle and letting replay sort it out,, i would have had a monster day had those pathetic refs at boise state hadnt blown a bs whistle on what was clearly a fumble returned for a td!!!!

It's nice to not be dumb sometimes. The Syracuse Over was the best Over I've ever bet! They hit it mid 2nd Q!

i felt really dumb really fast in the arky st/udub game,, i suppose i knew that could happen, i did mention that, lol... do you know why arky st only played Blackmon at qb the entire game? was the other kid hurt? it was driving me crazy Blackmon was playing so bad and he remained the qb, didnt make any sense since as we talked about during the week they always play both qbs!! then we get into a spot we really need the other qb and he never gets a chance!!!!!

I didn't take anything in the ArkSt-UW game so didn't pay an attention and haven't looked yet.

Back