• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 2 What Have We Learned So Far

Remember in all sports, teams are never as good nor never as poor as they looked last week. Works for pros but college age, it's exemplified

Ie don't expect a repeat of last week, things change for better or worse

Both very good and very bad ones, yeah
Losing to Montana is nothing to sneeze at, line was so wrong I talked myself out of it

Stanford losing to KSt like they did was bad, comparable teams imo league to league

UCLA were first week all stars, Oregon are this week

Still think Utah are the class of the league

Outside of Bama….need to see more, but they looked good. UGA/Clem left more questions for me…

CFB is WIDE open. And looks mid

Which is great

Said it in the in game a bunch but Moorehead went to the left side of the field(QB perspective)vs Ohio St a TON.
It worked obv

Stroud almost hit 500 yds passing and Oregon led by 14 multiple times. Ohio St def obviously lost a lot, but Oregon, closed at +15!, did what it wanted and also lost key def guys.

Also, though they are 0-2, Cal is not a bad team. I’ll be looking to play on them ATS next couple of weeks.

As much as I trash Cristobal he deserves credit for that effort yesterday. Still don't think he's a good coach but the guy is an unbelievable recruiter and the players love the guy which counts for something.

I mentioned it last week, but are we starting to see the consequences of unfettered transfers and the free Covid year of eligibility? G5 teams and lower tier P5 teams improving relative to the other P5 teams not named Alabama, UGA, OU, and Clemson? So much parity so far

I'm not ready to write off Ohio St as a playoff team because I think Oregon just might be pretty damn good, but Buckeyes are going to have to change something on defense. Maybe a disadvantage that they have to have players built to defend Wisconsin, Iowa, etc when they play teams with that kind of athleticism at the skill positions

I didn't watch any of the game, but that's an impressive score for UGA coming off a huge win like they did, then losing their QB. I know Bennett had starting experience and it was an overmatched opponent, but not the easiest situation

Alabama was sloppy and unimpressive in general against Mercer, which is probably bad news for Florida next week. Though that QB they have looks like he is going to be a problem. Will Anderson knee injury is not thought to be serious, though he is questionable next week. Keep an eye on this, we'll need him to slow down those QBs

Haven't looked, but what's the status on aTm's QB? Again, didn't get to watch, but you'd think they should be able to handle Colorado a little better, even with the backup. Credit to their defense though

Is Michigan a real threat to tOSU?

I'm pulling for Sark, but Texas is most definitely not back. They got manhandled last night. And what a great hire Pittman seems to be. They play hard. And if he continues this trajectory, with his recruiting ability, I could see Arkansas in the top 3rd of the SEC sooner rather than later

UK-Mizzou was an entertaining game. I wouldn't sleep on either, though UK's defense seems to be a step behind the last few years. Rodriguez is a player at RB though

Fell asleep during the later games, but some eye-opening scores for USC, FSU, and Utah

Last edited:
Florida QB Richardson pulled a hamstring it looked like on their last TD or late game TD

No surprise that we lost in Fayetteville, at all. It's just how it happened. The o-line is terrible so that wasn't a surprise. But the defensive line has a lot of bigs and talent and it got trashed. I like Sarkisian and certainly am not throwing in the towel. But it was mind boggling that he didn't go to Thompson at the half. Card was in over his head and needed to sit. Really a head scratcher.

There needs to be some consistency on game stoppage re: targeting. Either do it or not. We've seen games now where play has been stopped a 1/2 dozen times and games, like Texas / Ark, where it wasn't stopped with blatant head hunting going on. Get your shit together, guys.

Matt Campbell is not the coach I thought he was. I know it’s ISU and how they want to play, but his offensive predictability and lack of adjustments were pathetic yesterday. Purdy has regressed every season. And the team gave up early 4q. Iowa won by double digits with less than 200 yards of offense...

DJU is still struggling ahain at QB for Clemson. It's hard to figure when he looked so poised in South Bend in his second start last year,

Only teams that really look elite are Georgia and Alabama.

Matt Campbell is not the coach I thought he was. I know it’s ISU and how they want to play, but his offensive predictability and lack of adjustments were pathetic yesterday. Purdy has regressed every season. And the team gave up early 4q. Iowa won by double digits with less than 200 yards of offense...

Iowa State lost the minute it entered the field in those dreadful unis.

Dear lord, black and white? Holy shit.

DJU is still struggling ahain at QB for Clemson. It's hard to figure when he looked so poised in South Bend in his second start last year,

Only teams that really look elite are Georgia and Alabama.
Maybe now that he's the guy, he feels more pressure? I'm pretty surprised to see him struggle too.

Iowa State lost the minute it entered the field in those dreadful unis.

Dear lord, black and white? Holy shit.
I liked the unis...ISU original colors were black, silver, cardinal, gold

Had never seen the white helmets

It wasn't the unis, it was a QB who makes mistakes but I can't say it's in big games, he was great in the Fiesta Bowl. So he's a craps shoot which makes it even more painful

I would think that Iowa State played with a ton of pressure, but from inside and outside to win that game.

Back