• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 2 Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 16 Thu 2021

7:20 PM
101New York Giants+4
O 42½
102Washington Football Team-4
U 42½
Sep 19 Sun 2021

12:00 PM
269New Orleans Saints-3
O 46
270Carolina Panthers+3
U 46
271Houston Texans+12
O 48
272Cleveland Browns-12
U 48
275Las Vegas Raiders+6
O 48
276Pittsburgh Steelers-6
U 48
277Buffalo Bills-3½
O 47½
278Miami Dolphins+3½
U 47½
281San Francisco 49ers-3
O 48½
282Philadelphia Eagles+3
+100
U 48½
283Denver Broncos-6½
O 44
284Jacksonville Jaguars+6½
U 44
285New England Patriots-3½
O 42½
286New York Jets+3½
+100
U 42½
3:05 PM
287Minnesota Vikings+4
O 51
288Arizona Cardinals-4
U 51
3:05 PM
289Atlanta Falcons+13
O 52½
290Tampa Bay Buccaneers-13
U 52½
3:25 PM
291Tennessee Titans+6
O 52½
292Seattle Seahawks-6
U 52½
3:25 PM
293Dallas Cowboys+3
O 52
294Los Angeles Chargers-3
+100
U 52
Sep 20 Mon 2021

7:15 PM
297Detroit Lions+11
O 49
298Green Bay Packers-11
U 49

I grabbed Buff at opener at -2.5. Laying anything over a FG on NE at NYJ should be avoided. That venue/matchup has proven to be a tough one for NE, even during their good years.

I was very surprised the Bills line didn't open -3.5. It's since adjusted, but I do have my concerns. Fuller returns for Miami and I think they are better than people think.

I was very surprised the Bills line didn't open -3.5. It's since adjusted, but I do have my concerns. Fuller returns for Miami and I think they are better than people think.
I think Bills losing & Miami winning set this line up perfectly. I expected to see a 4 so had to jump on the 2.5. Mac was able to pass on them pretty efficiently.

The 0-1s vs the 1-0s - week 2s best bets. 10 games this week and most of them look pretty good.

Bears -3 vs Bengals - like it a lot
Browns -12.5 vs Texans - like it a lot
Colts +4 vs Rams - a little smelly but these are the kind of plays you have to run towards
Bills -3 at Dolphins - like it a lot
Jags +6 vs Broncos - tough to back....the truly awful teams tend to go against the reversal trend
Vikings +4 at Cards - like it, line looks off after last weeks results. Run to it.
Falcons +12.5 at Bucs - gotta hold the nose and take the points. Bucs can be had through the air.
Cowboys +3 at Chargers - should be OK although value is not there due to Cowboys being a public team
Titans +5.5 at Seahawks - like it a lot
Ravens +4 vs Chiefs - line is pretty heavy for KC, gotta play it on principal.

I’m not looking to bet Miami here but that would imply Buffalo is 6.5 points better on a neutral. That might be a little high

Overreactions?

Saints lookahead -2.5, now -3.5 through key number
Bears lookahead -4. now -1.5/2 through key number
Buffalo lookahead -2.5 now -3.5 through key number
Rams lookahead -2.5, now -4 through key number
Cards lookahead -1.5, now -4 through key number
Broncos lookahead -2.5, now -6 through key number
Bucs lookahead -8.5, now -12.5 through key number
Chargers lookahead -1.5, now -3 (-120) possibly moving past key number
Chiefs lookahead -1, now -3.5 through key number

Just for info purposes. I think some are warranted but put them all out there.

Overreactions?

Good stuff.

Nice to compare the first 3-4 weeks with the lookaheads.

I get that the Jags are bad, but the Donks to -6 feels super sketchy. Although, they did do pretty much whatever they wanted to last week.

Also, I haven't seen it in here, but apparently the Covid situation in New Orleans is all coaches. It's a lot of them though, like seven of them on the offensive side of the ball, plus a nutritionist. No players that I heard of though.

Starting running back Raheem Mostert exited in the first quarter with a knee injury. He was followed to the locker room by Pro Bowl cornerback Jason Varrett, who the 49ers fear suffered a torn ACL.

"It's crushing," Shanahan told reporters after the game. "We're hoping for the best, but it's crushing.

As someone who has the Niners to win their division, I've gone through the stages of grief on Mostert surprisingly quickly. He's a loss, but I have a feeling they're going to be OK and this doesn't slow them down all that much.

As someone who has the Niners to win their division, I've gone through the stages of grief on Mostert surprisingly quickly. He's a loss, but I have a feeling they're going to be OK and this doesn't slow them down all that much.
The corner is more important.

I almost always agree re running backs. I may be too glib, but it is relatively easy to find good guys to run the ball

Totally agree on both counts, Bones.

They have two RBs that are young, my guess is they split the carries until one of them sort of grabs hold of the job. Even then maybe they go 70/30.

The corner is the issue, mainly over the next three weeks. Philly, early season Seattle, and @Arizona, all three of those teams are going to throw the ball. After that they have a bye and then it should get a bit easier.

Giants were +3 at home vs Denver now they’re +3 on the road at wft...what am I missing here? The wft qb downgrade can’t be worth that much?

Overreactions?

if you do #'s, some of these are valid
saints -7
bears -2.5
cards on the#
donks was -2.5, that jumped the shark
bucs -6, no way I get in front of the pros(sometimes)
i made bolts -1

if you do #'s, some of these are valid
saints -7
bears -2.5
cards on the#
donks was -2.5, that jumped the shark
bucs -6, no way I get in front of the pros(sometimes)
i made bolts -1

Yeah, some of these lines look more like protection/evening out the tickets than anything. Which I'm basing on the difference between the look-ahead and the current number not so much the open on Sunday night.

Buffalo, LAR -2.5 is going to get too one-sided. Even the Saints at that might get too heavy. And that TB move screams teaser protection. I figured it would go to 10, but you might as well go to 12.5 in that case to protect yourself. The others mostly look justified.

But honestly that TB number feels right. And you can make the argument for a back door (who among us hasn't at least tried to make the case for it), but Matt Ryan looked completely lost last week. This should be a three score win. Same with Cleveland, tbh. And the way Cleveland came from ahead to lose makes me like their number here even though it's not one of the ones listed.

Yeah, some of these lines look more like protection/evening out the tickets than anything. Which I'm basing on the difference between the look-ahead and the current number not so much the open on Sunday night.

Buffalo, LAR -2.5 is going to get too one-sided. Even the Saints at that might get too heavy. And that TB move screams teaser protection. I figured it would go to 10, but you might as well go to 12.5 in that case to protect yourself. The others mostly look justified.

But honestly that TB number feels right. And you can make the argument for a back door (who among us hasn't at least tried to make the case for it), but Matt Ryan looked completely lost last week. This should be a three score win. Same with Cleveland, tbh. And the way Cleveland came from ahead to lose makes me like their number here even though it's not one of the ones listed.
I'm so below the big spreads, but don't have the guts to go against the pros

Giants were +3 at home vs Denver now they’re +3 on the road at wft...what am I missing here? The wft qb downgrade can’t be worth that much?
Better coach, better D, better O. They were a playoff team last year FFS. Line seems odd to me as well. Heineke (sp?) Didn't look terrible LY in playoffs against Bucs plus the whole home team TNF angle.

despite losing i thought patriots were the better team against fish last sunday, couple fumbles by the running back the last one coming when pats were marching to win the game was the difference. i thought after a bit of a shaky start Mac n cheese looked really good, pats defense always a nightmare for rookie qbs so id expect it a long day for wilson.. little nervous laying 6 in what could be another low scoring affair but think it the only way to go..

no idea about tonight, not thilled with idea of laying points with washigton but i dunno how the hell ya can bet nyg against any team with a good defensive front and the football team has one the best dlines in the league. just dunno how giants offense gets anything accomplished while their shitty oline getting whipped on every play?

As a Cards fan, I love this perception

This could be my giant hatred coming through (i'm a fan, but I hate them right now. Mara is a trust fund idiot, running the tram into oblivion), but I think we will look back at a time when all you have to give the Giants is 3 points as an absolute gift.

- Daniel Jones is a Duke qb. Duke. He cannot hold on to the ball. He will turn the ball over several times. He will definitely kill at least one promising drive. With an offense as inept as the Giants, it makes it even harder to back them when you have very few opportunities as it is.

- Saquon is not 100% and is on a short week. Even if he was, their offensive line is horrible and unable to run block right now. He will average below 3 ypc tonight. Again.

- Jason Garrett. Man, I loved him when he was with the cowboys. His offensive plan is fking hilarious. Plus, he has a qb from Duke. And an injured rb.

Again, this may be my disdain for this current team coloring my views. But this team is really bad. Turnovers are just a killer for this qb and Idk how you can back them w confidence.

If Heineken can manage the game and just be average to mediocre. This should be a DD victory. Giants may get 3 wins this season. This is not one of them.

This could be my giant hatred coming through (i'm a fan, but I hate them right now. Mara is a trust fund idiot, running the tram into oblivion), but I think we will look back at a time when all you have to give the Giants is 3 points as an absolute gift.

- Daniel Jones is a Duke qb. Duke. He cannot hold on to the ball. He will turn the ball over several times. He will definitely kill at least one promising drive. With an offense as inept as the Giants, it makes it even harder to back them when you have very few opportunities as it is.

- Saquon is not 100% and is on a short week. Even if he was, their offensive line is horrible and unable to run block right now. He will average below 3 ypc tonight. Again.

- Jason Garrett. Man, I loved him when he was with the cowboys. His offensive plan is fking hilarious. Plus, he has a qb from Duke. And an injured rb.

Again, this may be my disdain for this current team coloring my views. But this team is really bad. Turnovers are just a killer for this qb and Idk how you can back them w confidence.

If Heineken can manage the game and just be average to mediocre. This should be a DD victory. Giants may get 3 wins this season. This is not one of them.

overall i really dont think they that bad,, unfortunately the oline is freaking terrible so none the other stuff matters,, if you cant block nothing gonna work,, maybe i will be able to back them when they play teams like dallas who doesnt have a pass rush but against a Washington team with a dline full of 1st round draft picks i dont see how the offense functions?

overall i really dont think they that bad,, unfortunately the oline is freaking terrible so none the other stuff matters,, if you cant block nothing gonna work,, maybe i will be able to back them when they play teams like dallas who doesnt have a pass rush but against a Washington team with a dline full of 1st round draft picks i dont see how the offense functions?

agree. a d that can get pressure like Wash, going to be so tough for an offense w a struggling o-line, qb, and OC.

they'll split w Dallas. they never beat Philly. they may be able to sneak out a win against Atl next week. if they are lucky, they win 1 vs either Carolina or Miami. 4 wins tops.

agree. a d that can get pressure like Wash, going to be so tough for an offense w a struggling o-line, qb, and OC.

they'll split w Dallas. they never beat Philly. they may be able to sneak out a win against Atl next week. if they are lucky, they win 1 vs either Carolina or Miami. 4 wins tops.

yea I think Philly front 7 prob good enough to cause them all kinds of issues. Fish defense too good for them and panthers might be getting there also. They should def handle atl but man, it does look pretty bleak!!

Better coach, better D, better O. They were a playoff team last year FFS. Line seems odd to me as well. Heineke (sp?) Didn't look terrible LY in playoffs against Bucs plus the whole home team TNF angle.

yea i dont really think Heinke that much worse than fitzpatrick.

Ravens lost another CB and Ronnie Stanley doubtful for Sunday. Sheesh

they in real trouble with the cluster injuries at rb and now db.. i expected they get rb figured out but missing all that off the back end a real problem, especially this week.

Fields will not be an upgrade anytime this season.

oh i totally disagree with that.. id upgrade bears instantly with fields..i dont think dalton has much chance to get anything going with their limited weapons and crappy line.. fields can at least run around and make some plays, i think he instantly adds some juice to the offense.

oh i totally disagree with that.. id upgrade bears instantly with fields..i dont think dalton has much chance to get anything going with their limited weapons and crappy line.. fields can at least run around and make some plays, i think he instantly adds some juice to the offense.

Assumes he’s a young Lamar, or something like that. And he’s so far from that. See mistakes galore, sacks galore. Blood bath.

didnt say he was lamar but he can run around and make plays which is something bears desperately need... if Hurts can do it with philly i have no doubt fields would make bears offense more fomidable..

Back