• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 13 and beyond. Who realistically can win the Super Bowl (futures) and discussion

Capaholic

Proud Member of Chiefs Nation
Thought it could be a useful exercise with regard to futures and just getting some discussion. This was the point last year teams began to distinguish themselves as real/frauds

I have in no particular order

KC
New Orleans
LA Rams
Tennessee
Pittsburgh
Green Bay

I just don’t have faith in the following:

Seattle
Tampa
Arizona
Everyone else in the AFC race

Would be interested to gauge everyone’s thoughts on this boring day

My tiers:
1) KC
2) NO Tenn
3) Buff Seattle
4) GB Pitts

I just see KC heads and shoulders above everyone. Tennessee could be the one problem I'd see for them. Not a believer at all in Pitts. NO and Seattle I trust the most in the NFC. Rams have a good team, but they aren't beating the other two with Goff.

Man - I'm sure it's probably a popular opinion, but I'm just not a big fan of the Rams or Steelers - especially if Bud Dupree is now out for the season too. I just can't see Pitt winning it. I think KC is easily still the class of the AFC and would be pretty shocked if they don't repeat. I think Titans are the second best in the AFC, especially if Adoree can ever come back. Maybe I'm a little biased. But without a pass rush, Mahomes will pick us apart just like last year.

Agree with your list Cap. It's KC, then the rest of those teams. Only thing I would do is bump Seattle up. Russ always gives you a chance.

I agree with bumping up Seattle. Russ is a game-changer, having an amazing season, and he has so many weapons including a healthy Carson. I also think that D can be a lot better than its overall ranking suggests. Having Adams healthy is big. I definitely don't see making a positive distinction in favor of Green Bay against Seattle.

I also want to bump up Tampa Bay. So many weapons on offense plus one of the league's top defenses. A proven winner at quarterback.

I want to bump down New Orleans. I don't understand how a team without a good, legit quarterback has a chance of winning?

with all due respect to posters and to Russel Wilson who is having a fine campaign.

Russell Wilson is no longer having an “amazing season”. In any advanced metric he’s not in the top 5 in any of them. In some he’s not in the top 10. 31 and 10 is not amazing when you have guys at 30 and 2 and 33 and 4. I also question the defensive improvement. The 3.8 yards per play from Philly has helped their numbers but they are still 26th overall in DVOA. A team with their statistical resume would be almost unheard of as a Super Bowl champ. Their resume is close to the 2018 Chiefs but with a worse offense and worse defense, which would surprise most Chiefs fans.

I think the question should be “who can beat KC?”. An efficient ball control offense is probably the best recipe, as Oakland has shown this year and New England in the years prior. Being able to pressure mahomes without blitzing is obviously key on defense. SF checked both boxes and still lost in the super bowl, and I don’t think anyone this year is comparable. New Orleans maybe? Hard to trust Brees and the offense though

Slightly different animal, but recall at this point last year, most of us were marveling “who can beat Baltimore?”. KC has more dimensions to them but I think a well played and executed game plan (and some good fortune, turnovers, etc) by any of the teams in my original list would have a chance. I think New Orleans is the most well suited of the contenders as their D could potentially get enough punts out of the Chiefs and Brees/Kamara/Michael Thomas is certainly enough of a headache.

Tough to find a long shot here

Slightly different animal, but recall at this point last year, most of us were marveling “who can beat Baltimore?”. KC has more dimensions to them but I think a well played and executed game plan (and some good fortune, turnovers, etc) by any of the teams in my original list would have a chance. I think New Orleans is the most well suited of the contenders as their D could potentially get enough punts out of the Chiefs and Brees/Kamara/Michael Thomas is certainly enough of a headache.

I don’t think it’s fair to compare Baltimore last year to KC. KC was the best team in 2018, won it last year, and are clearly the front runner again this year- Baltimore was truly a half year wonder. New Orleans has strong lines on both sides of the ball with a good coach so that’s why I could maybe see an upset there

It's KC's championship to lose and I feel there's real potential for them to not be seriously tested in the playoffs. I only see two teams in the AFC that should concern them to some degree. Titans and Raiders. The Steelers while winning games seem to have peaked.

So here are the teams I can see winning the Super Bowl
Kansas City- Andy Reid in-game decisions, a -2 turnover margin and another team playing perfectly are probably the only thing that can stop them.
Tennessee- Team has a championship f--k you mentality and something about Vrabel feels like a championship coach. If they are provided an opportunity they almost always take full advantage and bury teams for them. Defense kinda sucks but I think those issues can be worked out to some degree.
New Orleans- Worried about their recent playoff track record but they would appear to be the clear NFC fave today. I like that they play defense.
Seattle-Pete and Russell win games. Defense is showing some signs of not being a turnstyle
Pittsburgh- A lot of weapons, QB with experience. will have some kind of home edge in playoffs.

I think there’s one other way to beat Kansas City... that’s to outscore them. The Steelers can put up some points. That could be an epic match up of high powered passing offenses with neither defense getting many stops.

Kc and Seattle about it on my list. I thought steelers could potentially but now they down their 2 best linebackers, think that has to hurt considering defense their calling card. Saints or packers could get there but don’t think either would stand much chance vs kc, now that Seattle has found a pass rush they the only nfc team I wanna see vs chiefs.

I think there’s one other way to beat Kansas City... that’s to outscore them. The Steelers can put up some points. That could be an epic match up of high powered passing offenses with neither defense getting many stops.

losing another linebacker I think kills them. I love their weapons but I don’t really trust Big Ben in a shootout with mahomes, my money on him making a bad turnover or 2 in that scenario.

I don’t like saints still, I think Seattle presents a much tougher game for kc. Russ and his weapons can match the fireworks plus I think their d improving by the week. Seattle just needs their backs to stay healthy for a change.

Anyone see that Josh Gordon is back again? Who knew? Lol. I can’t imagine he anything but a shell his former junkie self but man if he anywhere close to the player he was 18 years ago that Seattle wr Corp just got even scarier!! He was DK metcalf (or a stoned version) before there was a DK! Not that I think there any chance he close to that guy anymore, but man they huge on the outside with Lockett running all that stuff underneath!! He prob be suspended in another week anyways! Lol

call me Josh, let’s smoke a MoMo!! ;)

Pittsburgh is the 15th rated offense having played the 26th best schedule of defenses. Tennessee meanwhile is the 3rd rated offense having played the 3rd toughest defensive schedule.

Maybe I gotta take a closer look at Seattle because I am just not seeing what everyone is seeing. And I like it because thats why this forum rocks.

Pittsburgh is the 15th rated offense having played the 26th best schedule of defenses. Tennessee meanwhile is the 3rd rated offense having played the 3rd toughest defensive schedule.

Maybe I gotta take a closer look at Seattle because I am just not seeing what everyone is seeing. And I like it because thats why this forum rocks.

titans lacking ability to get any pressure gonna bite them in the ass imo. Maybe clowny will get on the field and help them out at some point? As is just don’t think they can get stops vs the top passing teams. When they faced steelers the 1st time Big Ben carved them up on 3rd downs as he had all day to pick them apart. That game didn’t feel nearly as close the score, crazy titans had a fg chance to go to ot.

Which leads to steelers biggest problem (well before losing another one their best linebackers) they just don’t put anyone away!! Other than browns game feel like steelers have let all those bad teams stay within striking distance! that a good way to get bounced in playoffs!

Seattle has 2 wrs as good as any in the league, DK might be toughest cover in the nfl, certainly in the nfc! Russ as good or better than any qb not named mahomes. They can score on anyone as prolifically as kc. Their defense was awful but since adams came back and they added what’s his face their pass rush has become one the better in the league. The secondary getting healthy and really improving as Carroll secondaries tend to do, obviously helps they not forced to cover as long now. When the backs healthy they can pound you as well as beat you in the air. I think Seattle as complete as anyone not named chiefs. Running backs gotta stay healthy for a change but if that happens they huge favs to win NFC in my mind.

Tenny a relatively solid squad but I can't see Fanny Hill lifting the Lombardi, just can't.

Chiefs definitely the team to beat until someone knocks them off the throne. Henry getting 30 carries along with getting the ball to AJ Brown and Corey Davis is the recipe to make that happen. Will that happen? Who knows but that’s the way to beat KC. Keep their offense off the field as much as possible.

Tenny a relatively solid squad but I can't see Fanny Hill lifting the Lombardi, just can't.

i honestly think their lack of pass rush a way bigger concern than tannenhill. Let’s be real, we have seen crappier QBs than him win, I’d take him over Eli every day of the week (among other SB winning QBs).

In a shocking twist of fate, The Bejing Plague football team is now listed as a 1-2 favorite to win the Super Bowl.

If SF wins Monday night, they control their own destiny and get GQ and Kittle back before the last 2 games vs. SEA and AZ.

The NFC is so trash right now.

SF could easily keep winning on the road (they're awful at home with no crowd) and have the honor of rematching KC, but this time getting demolished.

If SF wins Monday night, they control their own destiny and get GQ and Kittle back before the last 2 games vs. SEA and AZ.

The NFC is so trash right now.

SF could easily keep winning on the road (they're awful at home with no crowd) and have the honor of rematching KC, but this time getting demolished.

I agree with the nfc for the most part but I think seattle turning into the only legit contenders before our eyes. We know Russ can light it up with anyone, the run game getting healthy and the defense been improving by the week. Niners do usually play them close so I suppose it possible but I don’t think very likely. This game against the bills the biggest game the season for them, they win I think they have great chance to make playoffs, they lose today and they toast imo.

you betting them today?

I agree with the nfc for the most part but I think seattle turning into the only legit contenders before our eyes. We know Russ can light it up with anyone, the run game getting healthy and the defense been improving by the week. Niners do usually play them close so I suppose it possible but I don’t think very likely. This game against the bills the biggest game the season for them, they win I think they have great chance to make playoffs, they lose today and they toast imo.

you betting them today?

Lose and no shot at playoffs. It's their superbowl. I agree.

Seattle with Dunlap and Earl have solved their lack of a pass rush. I trust them the most of the teams in the NFC to make it to the ship.

Lose and no shot at playoffs. It's their superbowl. I agree.

Seattle with Dunlap and Earl have solved their lack of a pass rush. I trust them the most of the teams in the NFC to make it to the ship.

are you playing niners?

Back