• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Week 11 Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
7:20 PM
321Arizona Cardinals+3½
+160O 57½
322Seattle Seahawks-3½
-180U 57½
Nov 22 Sun 2020

12:00 PM
451Philadelphia Eagles+3½
+158O 45½
452Cleveland Browns-3½
+100
-178U 45½
459Pittsburgh Steelers-10
-450O 46
460Jacksonville Jaguars+10
+360U 46
463Cincinnati Bengals+1
+105O 45
464Washington Redskins-1
-125U 45
3:05 PM
475Miami Dolphins-2½
-155O 44½
476Denver Broncos+2½
+105
+135U 44½
3:05 PM
477New York Jets+9½
+320O 47
478Los Angeles Chargers-9½
-400U 47
3:25 PM
461Green Bay Packers+1½
+115O 49
462Indianapolis Colts-1½
-135U 49
7:20 PM
471Kansas City Chiefs-7
-315O 55
472Las Vegas Raiders+7
+265U 55
Nov 23 Mon 2020

7:15 PM
473Los Angeles Rams+3½
+163O 49
474Tampa Bay Buccaneers-3½
-183U 49

Will anyone play defense Thursday night?

Raiders +7 looks inviting.

The Jags under DC Todd Wash have matched up well with Steelers in the past since the Steelers have liked to use a lot of 11 personnel (three wideouts)

I already played Jags +10.5. The Steelers have been known to throw a clunker on the road every now and then (Dallas) and have to be eyeing the short week lookahead to the Ravens on Thanksgiving night.

Can we trust the Chargers to cover 9.5?

Damn. Finally a watchable Thursday night game.

Tenn +6.5 at Baltimore? Am I missing something? Did the entire offense for Tenn get injured? They have extra rest to boot.

Steelers had never been 9-0 in their history until defeating Cincy at home yesterday. Now they play a 1-win Jags team on the road in between a prime time rematch at home vs Baltimore and rudely welcoming Joe Burrow to Heinz Field. Jags have always been a thorn in Pit’s side winning SU 6 out of L10 meetings and the underdog is 9-1 L10 in this matchup. Jack is still playing hard and should have success running the ball on Pit’s defense. I took +10.

Thursday night should be fun..

The spot, situationally though, is not great for the road team (obviously).

You guys see the story about Raiders circling Arrowhead in their busses after their win a couple weeks ago? Extra motivation for KC or non-story?
Should be a non-story, but if they want to use it as motivation...go ahead...

We have seen teams/players use the weirdest things to get motivated and at other times show no motivation when we all think they would (for something bigger).

The defense is struggle buss right now...
Kind of has been all season though. Looking at their stats, they allow more than they achieve in most categories.

Baltimore not exactly an offensive juggernaut though. Two wins against teams above .500 & Indy fucked themselves in one of those. Pats ran all over Balti, would think Henry should be able to do the same. Just think 6.5 is a lot of points in a game with two mediocre, not great, teams.

Terrible weather seems to be the only way the Thursday night game is not played in the 60s total wise. Seattle defense certainly isnt going to stop the Cards passing attack and I doubt Russ has another bad game like last weekend.

Yes I am biased, but I do think this is a bad spot for LV

I think Indy may be the right side here

Houston may well put some points up on the Pats, but a look to the under here.. Clock will be chewed by the Pats and the Texans can't stop the run even when they know it is coming.

Terrible weather seems to be the only way the Thursday night game is not played in the 60s total wise. Seattle defense certainly isnt going to stop the Cards passing attack and I doubt Russ has another bad game like last weekend.
SEA defense is horrific

Yes I am biased, but I do think this is a bad spot for LV

I think Indy may be the right side here

Houston may well put some points up on the Pats, but a look to the under here.. Clock will be chewed by the Pats and the Texans can't stop the run even when they know it is coming.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the spot for LV. I know the brilliance of Andy off a bye. What else are you seeing?

Terrible spot for LV, too bad the game got pulled off the boards because of that COVID thing.
So far the only real positive test was Ferrell. The rest should clear the protocol before Sunday assuming nobody else is positive of course.

Are the Dolphins deserving of being road faves? They have looked great defensively and it looks like Rypien likely will start at qb. Tua has been managing the game very well but has also had the benefit of leads from st/def tds. Denver should just run the ball every play, I still think the Fins can't stop a good run game and now dt Wilkins is out. Might be the one game Gordon & Lyndsay get going- that being said I'm not rushing out to buy a Broncos ticket just yet.

I think I want to fade the Ravens on the ML again this week. They're gonna have to prove it to me. Wouldn't be surprised to see a higher scoring game there as both teams can likely establish a run and work playaction off of it. Certain teams to me NEED a good run game for the offense to have life. Both of these two are on the list. If the Titans get to work off play action they are pretty tough to stop. Calais Campbell is banged up and Brandon Williams might not go...not the best news when facing Henry. He may go bonkers if the Ravens D wears down.

Seeing Seattle down to -2.5 now, think I have to pull the trigger. Just heard on VSIN that this game opened 5-ish in Vegas. Highest I saw was 3.5, but either way that's a big move through a key number. Hawks losing two in a row now coming back home. I'll gladly take the short TNF home fave.

I would like to hear your thoughts on the spot for LV. I know the brilliance of Andy off a bye. What else are you seeing?

You all have seen me here long enough. Rarely do I have emotion factored into a handicap. There is a clear revenge angle in play and it will have bearing on the AFC playoff picture as well.

As much as they will say otherwise, as someone who has watched every down multiple times, the Chiefs offensive and defensive gameplan against LV the first time reeked of "Get in, get out, collect the win". There was no creativity on offense, there were no adjustments on defense. Look back toward the Baltimore game which was a "big game" and the Chiefs rolled out every misdirection and fake possible and destroyed that good defense. Take Buffalo, another important game. KC went and changed the plan completely to decimate the Bills. Against LV there was none of this. It cannot be understated also, that the Chiefs get Sammy Watkins back in the mix this week.

You have now given KC two weeks to take the number one offense up against a team ranked 31st in Drive success rate. And if we think to this point last season, this is where the Chiefs turned a top 15 defense into a top 5 defense and never lost another game. Came off the loss to Tennessee and then never looked back. They are getting healthier on D including getting Okafor back for this game which will help in the run game. LV has the highest passing and rushing game against the Chiefs this season and had the most pressure on the QB. I see a very up and coming Raiders team walking into a fight carrying slingshots and stones, not ready for what is in store for them.

With that in mind, where's the examples of a team not practicing with its starters all week and then coming out guns blazing. Don't say Tennessee as those MF were working out and LV is not. I am convinced LV will have all their guys on the field but you can't tell me no reps is a good thing.

Again, LV has exceeded many expectations this year and is going places. For sure. They are about to get slapped though

KC spread and TT as well as a Carr INT prop are on my horizon.

Didn't get into a huge stat dive per usual but I think this is just not the right week to have a lot of distractions like LV has had.

All I think is that the number is right and may be a little short. Thought it would be Indy -2/2.5.

First, who isn't going to take GB and it appears like 85% of the early action on GB.

Sagarin and sites like that have these teams pretty much dead even and Football Outsiders has Indy as the better team.

This comes down to "can the Colts score enough points". The Colts are the second best defense the Pack has played this year and when they played the best they lost 38-10. They are 2-2 against top 10 defenses and 5-0 against everyone else.

I think Indy is built to slow GB down but like I said, can they score enough to make a difference. Rivers may be the only thing holding this team back from being a legit contender.

also GB doesnt like to play physical teams... if u can punch them in the mouth and run on them they go away...... Colts have a solid D and obv a very good run game if colts can play smash mouth i think they get it done... GB i still feel is a lil over valued

No idea. I guess seattle tonight, surely they not gonna drop both games to this young hungry zona team and let them take control the division are they?? I know Peterson and co gonna be all over metcalf but he gonna have to be a beast for seattle to win. Maybe this the game they figure out how to play a little defense? Just use adams to spy Murray or blitz then have guys staying home so he has no running lanes. Think if they can keep him from beating them w his legs they have a shot to slow zona down. I really do like that zona squad tho!! Just don’t think Seattle ready to hand them the I div just yet!

No idea. I guess seattle tonight, surely they not gonna drop both games to this young hungry zona team and let them take control the division are they?? I know Peterson and co gonna be all over metcalf but he gonna have to be a beast for seattle to win. Maybe this the game they figure out how to play a little defense? Just use adams to spy Murray or blitz then have guys staying home so he has no running lanes. Think if they can keep him from beating them w his legs they have a shot to slow zona down. I really do like that zona squad tho!! Just don’t think Seattle ready to hand them the I div just yet!
Think it’s going to be an awesome game and I’m happily sitting on the sidelines hoping for a shootout. If Zona goes in and wins after that finish Sunday, that would be impressive. GL

Think it’s going to be an awesome game and I’m happily sitting on the sidelines hoping for a shootout. If Zona goes in and wins after that finish Sunday, that would be impressive. GL

yea same here. I’ll certainly be rooting for them. I became a fan really fast last year once I realized how wrong I was bout Murray! Then they traded for Hopkins and all but became my favorite team (since I really don’t have one anyways). Should definitely be a fun watch whether it shootout or defenses figure out a way to slow these guys down, which I dunno if ya can??

You expect kc to lay little something on raiders for that last celebration victory lap they took cap? I wasn’t sure but now that I see kc -7 im getting really tempted.

If teams were smart they'd stack 8 in the box when Taysum is behind center. He rarely throws.

I'm sure he'll throw more now that he is the starter but still I'd play him for the run.

If teams were smart they'd stack 8 in the box when Taysum is behind center. He rarely throws.

I'm sure he'll throw more now that he is the starter but still I'd play him for the run.

mfer has thrown 14 passes in his nfl life! Damn right I’m making him throw! Lol

Heard possibly no Bridgewater for Carolina either. I have no interest in this game regardless. I don't trust either team.

No one likes Ravens at -6. I think they win big. Ravens pull away when they get early lead. They do struggle when falling behind. Start of game will be big.

Back