• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Wed. Hoops

Inspekdah

My man, Michael Jordan!
NBA RECORD ATS 7-4 + 0.4 UNITS
NBA ML RECORD 2-0 + 2.8 UNITS
2H BETS 0-1 - 1.1 UNITS

OVERALL 9-5 +2.1 UNITS

Shoulda been a much better night but hedged out of my LAL winner with a huge play on a losing PHO play... I'll take the positive opening night though anyday after last year's debacle with the Mavs/PHO Under bet that was robbed in 2OT.

Minnesota -5 3 Units W

Minny has dominated the series, winning 3 of the last 4 and covering both games at home. No answer for KG on the Kings... he gets into the paint and breaks down their defense time and time again. Also, new coach for the Kings... I expect them to be in a transition year after the loss of a great coach in Adlemen. Kings' focus will be defense... but without Bibby and a new system they won't put enough offense out on the court. On the other side you now have Mike James and Foye (who's ready to contribute) joining Ricky Davis as weapons on the perimeter and Garnett down low. One thing the Kings have never addressed is getting Bibby a quality backup. He already has lost a year or two off of his career by playing way too many minutes year in and out and now you have to put a backup PG on the court for 25-30 mins and a 3rd stringer or out of position man the remaining portion of the time? Wow. Look how the Heat looked without Jay Williams.. forced to play Quinn when the game was still close... scary indeed. I think Garnett really will lay it on the line this season and if it fails he will be gone... but I like them to make a run at a playoff spot and once again return to being an elite home team in the league. Look for the Wolves to win this one.

Wiz +5 1 UNIT W

Revenge factor here. Check out BAR's thread.. more of a tail because I am not sure how they can hang down low vs. the Cavs... also question any team's ability to shoot the rock this year early on.. and see the Cavs having better players who can get to the hoop. That being said, it's a great spot for the Wiz to take out some revenge.

Knicks +190 ML 1 UNIT
W

GSW -6.5 2 UNITS LOSS

NOK +3 1 Unit
W

Cha +1 1 Unit LOSS

Bulls -2 1.5 Units LOSS

Bulls IMO don't fit the regular mode for a B2B team. They WILL miss Duhon if he doesn't play b/c Pargo is gone. Sasha what's his face will have to play some time at it. However, I think we can expect 35-40 minutes out of Hinrich who looked really, really sharp last night. Starters got a ton of rest... and the Bulls defense will keep them in any games... I like this Magic team, but I like my Bulls a bit more here.

Leans:

NJ UNDER 206.5 - seem a tad high anyone?
Bulls PK - 42 points aint just a letdown.. it's a message to the league they're contenders.
Knicks +5 Eeeek! (added small ML play as of now)
Jazz -1

Last edited:
Any info on Yao would be appreciated. Without him I think the Jazz make a statement here.

LOL...I remember opening night last year. Denver was up all game at SA and lost by 8 to push spread or lose by a point. Then the debacle in PHX..wow..memories

First of all, I like the whole card a lot. Thats never too good.

My fringe plays are Knicks, Nets, Bobcats and a total or two.

Outta those the one I may add is Knicks. So god to see you lean that way too.

Houston is one of my sleeper teams but with injury concerns I'll pass. No Bibby out west prolly makes Minny a good spot. Want to see Minny play a few times first though.

GL, nice start.

Yeah I like the homestate Knicks in this spot. I feel like ML is the way to go... either they've figured it out of they haven't and it gets ugly. Well at least maybe putting 25% of your play on them ML at 2-1

Added another unit to the Wolves. Played well in the pre-season and I hear Garnett is really eager and ready to get things going. Miller is probable but still banged up... he's the X factor because he's the only position which Minny has no answer for.

I'm acting like a chicken and not betting on the Knicks ML because I can't get past how bad they were last year, but at +190, I think you almost have to try it. They sure as hell are rolling out more pure talent on the floor, but we all know that doesn't translate to wins...

I actually like the over better than the under in New Jersey. NJ is going to put up a ton of points per usual, esp with TJ Ford playing D for Toronto...and I think that Toronto's offense should be better than last years version, if any different...not playing the over, but over is my lean.

GL

renew.. what you think about NOK? I think they're the superior team...

back around 5 est later tongiht guys... GL and thanks

Adding..

GSW -6.5 vs. LA Lakers 2 Units

Donny will have these boys ready to roll and Baron is healthy... so this might be the only game he is... they will push the tempo.. and have the ability to throw some decent sized bodies down low... LAL without Kobe on the road will be more of what we expected than what we saw last night.... took a big effort out of them and expect the hometown team to take care of business.

Should be a fun one late Spek. Baron may have one of those all-star first halves of seasons this year. Anyone that goes for 35-12-5 in preseason game has their heads on right.

Added another 1/2 unit to make 1 unit on Knicks ML.

Added 1.5 Units on my Bulls -2.

Hopefully hit a few of these tonight... GL

In tonight's game I think they're the better team... Even if peja, bobby jackson, and tyson chandler still havent built great chemistry yet, especially with Chris Paul, there is still the combo of Paul and West to fall back upon and Peja add's the ability to drain 3's and spread the court for Paul to create so even with a lack of chemistry among the team, I think the Hornets are still going to win SU.

I agree renew, I leaned that way... and kind of like the team in general.. I'll throw just a uni on it +3 since I missed out on a good #... just like I did with that great BAR's total play.

Adding 1 Unit on CHA +1

Tailing Killa/BAR here and like reverse line movement going on. Going to try to be on the right side of this trap and hope the other one (Chicago) doesn't bite me!

Back