• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tuesday Discussion Thread

the jays are expected, with the return of Ryu, to send 4 straight lefties in their next four games. Matz tonight, I think they mentioned Kay tomorrow, Ray on Wednesday and Ryu on Thursday lol

i like a lot on here, any help to weed things out would be appreciated

May 4smithR
lauer
OVIEDO
greinke
gibson
hentges
mcclanahan
IRVIN
HOFFMAN

Reds bullpen is an immediate sore thumb, Texas lineup too

nada to say about fading the Yankees, even if Stanton is hitting again

Reds bullpen is an immediate sore thumb, Texas lineup too

nada to say about fading the Yankees, even if Stanton is hitting again
Yea Reds bp is trash, but it's not like the whitesox are hitting the leather off the ball , but if there's a remedy for hitters it's probably this bp.

only play i've hit are the stros so far

bizarre that Greinke's bad starts have come vs SEA and DET, expect a bounceback performance with much better control than he had in the last start. Day off yesterday means both bullpens fresh. Pressly looks back to his old self, really like Stanek, but then it gets a little hairy.

Yanks offense was a bet against first two weeks of the season, Kay was singing Stanton's praises last NYY game i watched but they didn't have as easy of a time with DET as I would have expected. Think they swept, but still not blasting teams like the emblem would suggest.

Odor hitting cleanup tells you all you need to know about the bottom of the NYY lineup, which is actually half the lineup besides the producers at the top. HOU may not be as potent, but seems like it is longer and i think i prefer that compared to the ability to survive the top and then coast through the bottom.

German rubs more rust off each start, poor start to the season got him sent to the alternate site a bit earlier than his performances suggested was reasonable. Since then he's dealt, albeit against two of the worst offenses in the AL (@CLE, @BAL). Chapman has been awesome so far, Green leaves plenty to be desired in the chief setup role. Loaisaga has gotten Rivera comparisons, but still isn't higher leverage than the 7th if everyone's available. Rest of the pen seems more expensive than HOU

So this one isn't as clear of a play on Greinke as I first thought. He's in a good position to be sharp off a poor outing, but a weaker bullpen on the road with less power threats in a little league field gives me some pause. Still lean that way as a dog, not sure about movement as HOU/Greinke are surely popular but probably not as much as NYY at home off a sweep

Cease off a great start, but not a buyer on him. Problem is idk how anybody can put money behind the CIN bullpen unless you're being sharp/trying to back a price with the hope that they will start to get outs

That won't be me today, especially with Hoffman so fastball reliant in an era where you need secondary pitches more

Cease off a great start, but not a buyer on him. Problem is idk how anybody can put money behind the CIN bullpen unless you're being sharp/trying to back a price with the hope that they will start to get outs

That won't be me today, especially with Hoffman so fastball reliant in an era where you need secondary pitches more
Hearing rain all day into evening, not sure this game will even be played today

Not sure Riley Smith is MLB quality, may look that way against MIA but i don't think i'm willing to lose money to him even though i've made my thoughts on Alcantara's struggles once he hit the 6th clear

Lauer got bet pretty hard, maybe it's the Cain/Yelich return combo, but he's kinda proven he's only good against LAD over his career. Not in a rush to fade Nola, though Neris is as close to definitely unavailable as it gets after 5 out save last night and being held out Sunday after working Saturday and not FRiday

Gibson has been great after getting smacked in his season opener, surely his time in MIN means they have a good scouting report. He was a low K guy who has been improving there and that's probably why he's been better. Improving over seasons i mean, will be tested against the all or nothing MIN power

TEX sucks but has been better than expected lately. Kennedy looks to have regained his form and will surely get dealt at the deadline for a prospect, but until then makes the TEX bullpen somewhat trustworthy even if everyone else that was meant to fill the important slots is hurt

MIN lineup has been pretty weak, buoyed lately by Kiriloff who must be up for good now? Happ has volleyed between a high k% to low k% guy, seems like he can be really good at times and those are the days you don't want to be against him. TEX lineup is probably one he can get through, but I'm wary about him as a big favorite because he rarely is good enough to support those prices

not a fan of blind autobets, but anti-deGrom looks like the one to do it. Wish Oviedo was better, or at least somewhat trustworthy. Same goes for the StL pen, which has big arms that can't locate whatsoever

Reyes likely unavailable after working b2b, Gallegos likely the closer tonight. Cabrera is terrifying with a lead, Hicks injured so probably Helsley and Cabrera are the two setup men and that puts even more pressure on Oviedo to be good and give length. Big price is so sexy, but you're also fading the best pitcher in the game no matter that he loses more than he wins

Springs, Castillo, Thompson all worked b2b for TB, so i'm not sure who is available in that pen tonight behind a short start from McClanahan.

TB is more than trustworthy with how it handles the pen, but in terms of arms I'm guessing it'll be McC 4-5 > Patino or Kittredge 5-6 or 6-7 then Reed LHP for the deeper innings before maybe bringing one of those back for the high leverage time along with rested Strickland (warmed up last night). Thompson with very low pitch totals (5, 4) seems like the most available of the three, though Castillo did work b3b already this season (last week vs OAK).

That research kinda changes my angle as i'm not as worried about the end, getting there is the question. LAA starts Cobb who has not been as good as he was in TB, they should know him plenty well as a front office and that's who works with Cash on gameplans I suspect. Cobb removed for ineffectiveness after only 51 pitches last start, blasted the start before @HOU and other starts have been just okay (1 QS). Cobb 10ip 4r last season in two starts vs TB, decent starts in 2018 and they've yet to really smack him around, but that won't be necessary tonight.

Rendon may not start due to fouling a ball off the inside of his knee last night, that weakens a lineup already trotting out Pujols who should be in the front office by now. Trout swings lines when he misses, LAA lineup not out yet but TB lineup looks good to me so i think i'm gonna play this now

Marquez is gonna take the Rox out of this game in the first inning, great stuff!

Any update on weather in Cincy? Trying to figure out a play on it but weather is pretty important

Back