• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Tuesday Discussion Thread

Mets over
Phillies

no clue what the fuck we get from Martinez? He was the best he been since getting back into the rotation last start, fluke or not? For the most part (just like the phils game last week) Carlos has one bad inning then settles down and pitches pretty well! Phils got him for 6 in the 2nd but that was only inning they did any damage! Cards gotta be looking at this and thinking it fixable cause it makes non sense?!(!?? He had a similar outing the time before facing the majority his lineups he shows promise but then runs into the one bad inning.

Neither these lineups hitting as wheeler and waino straight mowed them both down. Shildt got out managed whit phils skipper taking wheeler out for closer while Shildt left waino out there to pitch to the guy who had taken him yard! Obviously a mistake! R

no clue what the fuck we get from Martinez? He was the best he been since getting back into the rotation last start, fluke or not? For the most part (just like the phils game last week) Carlos has one bad inning then settles down and pitches pretty well! Phils got him for 6 in the 2nd but that was only inning they did any damage! Cards gotta be looking at this and thinking it fixable cause it makes non sense?!(!?? He had a similar outing the time before facing the majority his lineups he shows promise but then runs into the one bad inning.

Neither these lineups hitting as wheeler and waino straight mowed them both down. Shildt got out managed whit phils skipper taking wheeler out for closer while Shildt left waino out there to pitch to the guy who had taken him yard! Obviously a mistake! R
Banking on Martinez not doing that twice in a row lol

Banking on Martinez not doing that twice in a row lol

the interesting thing about him is he has done it other times. The start he made at Philly he locked them down every inning but 2nd where he had one his meltdowns, but that was the only inning he game up and runs, might have been only inning he gave up any hits!! He clearly still has the ability to pitch a game like that at any time. He was perfect thru 3 in cincy before unraveling. He impossible to predict cause he still has the ability to shut down any lineup. But who knows when he will or for how long before he has a meltdown?

the interesting thing about him is he has done it other times. The start he made at Philly he locked them down every inning but 2nd where he had one his meltdowns, but that was the only inning he game up and runs, might have been only inning he gave up any hits!! He clearly still has the ability to pitch a game like that at any time. He was perfect thru 3 in cincy before unraveling. He impossible to predict cause he still has the ability to shut down any lineup. But who knows when he will or for how long before he has a meltdown?
You've heard my pitch on Robbie Ray and inconsistency, this guy makes Robbie look like a straight arrow lol. I'm not convinced you can just fix being a basket case. Phils o4.5 for me

You've heard my pitch on Robbie Ray and inconsistency, this guy makes Robbie look like a straight arrow lol. I'm not convinced you can just fix being a basket case. Phils o4.5 for me

I know you can’t fix it, if anything it has gotten worse over the years. You just never know when he will put a complete outing together. I suppose the odds of doing it b2b pretty slim

Reactions: KJ
genius of me to grab Gomber and start him on 3 fantasy teams, SF continues to outperform their ability

Castano is purely a fall in love with the big dog who won game 1, but MIL has real hitting issues

the best he's been but gave up 6 in an inning? What

5 runs seems like a lot for that lineup though even with 9 ab

Oakland O, PIttsburgh O, Phillies ML, Tigers ML , Jays under all intrigue me

TBH, I think KJ has the right idea with Phils tt over...the wind is also 15MPH out to left.

genius of me to grab Gomber and start him on 3 fantasy teams, SF continues to outperform their ability

Castano is purely a fall in love with the big dog who won game 1, but MIL has real hitting issues

they didn’t have any problems hitting Burnes, dunno where that came from?!??! Just thrilled wasn’t much till after the 5th!! Castano stuff is nothing special but he kept San Fran way off balance the 1st meeting and wasn’t too bad the 2md either, milw has never seen him and they go from Rogers throwing smoke and filth to now Castano throwing slow shit to contact. I could see that keeping Brewers crappy lineup off balance.

I don’t love that the weather warming up and wind blowing out in Cleveland but if we can look past those minor hiccups this looks like another excellent Ff under! Is the weather why the total going up? What else am I missing?

Getting Ff u4.5 here feels like a gift. Maeda has been pretty great against the tribe with a 3-0 record and a era of .50!! In those 3 games he has went 18 innings and allowed 1 run! Civale maybe pitching a bit above his head thus far but the twins are simply not hitting as of late, minus the one crazy extra inning game they lost in oak they have only scored 9 runs in those other 6 games since returning from the covid layoff!!!

I really thought oak would lose another after getting their streak snapped but they came right back and took the opener vs rays. I don’t got the guts to try again with Wacha against montas. Tough game since both pitchers have had a couple fantastic outings and a couple duds.

I really thought oak would lose another after getting their streak snapped but they came right back and took the opener vs rays. I don’t got the guts to try again with Wacha against montas. Tough game since both pitchers have had a couple fantastic outings and a couple duds.

i don't like either starter but that park is impossible to hit HR

MIN should be on our fade list as they do not hit HR like they have in the past and the bullpen is not a strength anymore either

MIN should be on our fade list as they do not hit HR like they have in the past and the bullpen is not a strength anymore either
Covid comeback, I think they are the best in the division by a bit but as mentioned before, both Centrals are a struggle for me

Good traditionally under umps today in Cleveland, Atlanta, Texas, Chavez

I was thrilled to get cuzzi in cle. That was more than enough to offset the warmer temps and wind blowing out for Me.,

wish we could get the ump in zona! Roof gonna be open according to bench coach so dying to play over there!!

I was thrilled to get cuzzi in cle. That was more than enough to offset the warmer temps and wind blowing out for Me.,

wish we could get the ump in zona! Roof gonna be open according to bench coach so dying to play over there!!
Yeah high of 73 today and raining right now in North Valley

Paddock been nails pitching there but gotta play over when roof open right? Both offenses been scoring runs lately.

I don’t love that the weather warming up and wind blowing out in Cleveland but if we can look past those minor hiccups this looks like another excellent Ff under! Is the weather why the total going up? What else am I missing?

Getting Ff u4.5 here feels like a gift. Maeda has been pretty great against the tribe with a 3-0 record and a era of .50!! In those 3 games he has went 18 innings and allowed 1 run! Civale maybe pitching a bit above his head thus far but the twins are simply not hitting as of late, minus the one crazy extra inning game they lost in oak they have only scored 9 runs in those other 6 games since returning from the covid layoff!!!
I think it's the weather, Bank. Nicest day of the year so far, looking like a decent breeze out to RCF. I think ball will carry but I'm still on the FF under 4' because the ball doesn't carry if you don't hit it and I don't see the Tribe doing much vs Maeda (famous last words and all).

Cleveland is 7-13 when Civale makes a start against a team that is not the Tigers (Tribe is 6-0 vs the Tigers when he Starts)

I will make a play on the Stumbling Twins and hope that Maeda can find his form and the Twins get some runs tonight.

Peterson laying this price with that Mets offense and that shaky NYM bullpen before Diaz (who is also shaky) seems silly

Richards has his flaws for sure, but the BOS lineup looks better to me even with Verdugo likely sitting and Ottavino to Barnes is a far better 8-9

Chapman misses, which is why Wacha has swung to a favorite. Hill was decent yesterday, but OAK never saw a + sign when i was watching it and think this is a pretty significant change considering what we know Wacha to be.

Montas hard to predict ever since that steroid suspension, big arm that has gotten shelled by LAD, MIN this year and was very good in the other two outings. OAK good bullpen worked yesterday, but should be available for a b2b although Diekman and Trivino did not have an easy go while Petit 26 pitches. DOn't love Sergio Romo, but as a fourth bullpen arm i guess it's not so bad as if he's in then Montas didn't have a good day and this likely is a loser anyway

Castillo hasn't pitched since returning from the COVID side-effect IL, he's so good but hasn't been as dominant this season so far. Spring has been good, but not great. Strickland likely unavailable so it's THompson Castillo and Richards 7-8-9 if Wacha can go 6? Man, i'm not sure i like that lineup at all so last AB is really what flipped this line on top of missing Chapman who has been far from the MVP candidate in 2019?

Late to the game today. I like the cards with bum2.0 and lean the Cubs with Williams.

Martinez has the same profile as Bum did a few days ago. Not looking great early with a late velocity boost and dominating the nationals last start.

I got to look at Williams a little more but Anderson is off early. Braves lineup is iffy, @ +150, y not?

Ian A was awesome in the Bronx, starting to wonder if WSH is a team to play against every single day

Really all Alcala had to do was throw it down the middle of the plate lol. Luplow wasn't touching his heaters

I think it's the weather, Bank. Nicest day of the year so far, looking like a decent breeze out to RCF. I think ball will carry but I'm still on the FF under 4' because the ball doesn't carry if you don't hit it and I don't see the Tribe doing much vs Maeda (famous last words and all).

some those balls flew out, what ya gonna do? Don’t think wind had anything go do as those blast leave in damn near any wind. Just suck it up and move on!

Back