• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Today Is Wednesday, And I Have 7 Writeups, With Some Plays...You'll See.

Sparky1019

6-3 +$1147 YTD

3-1 yesterday. Sadly loosing the Dodger bet by a dumb homer that never should have been worth 2 runs because of the awful officiating from the 1st base umpire. As for the Mets bet, that was a piece of cake. But the Pads/Giants Under, and the Rockies were nothing pretty, but winners non-the-less. Now today...I have 2 bets for the early game, and 5 more games with writeups that may become plays later on. I', doing this just for you people so be appreciative. lol. Just kidding. So...anyway, on to today.

Yankees -280
Risking $280 to win $100
Man do I want to take this game big, but the juice is just not worth it. Andy Pettite is make his comback apperence to the mound for the Bronx Bomber Fans. And I will be glued to my TV watching this one. The fans will be going crazy, and I can't wait to hear the ovation the crowd gives him if he strikes out a Ray. The Rays have not much experience against Pettite due to their lack of veterans. But out of 52 at bats, they only have 11 hits, 5 RBI's, 2 Walks, 8 K's, and a low .212 batting average. But that really isn't good enough to go by. Although I see Pettite shutting these guys out. Much unlike Monday. As for Jae Seo, lol, don't get me started. He has not chance against the powerful lineup of the Yanks. Out of 106 at bats, they piled up 33 hits, 4 Homers, and 19 RBI's. Along with walking 15 times, and being struck out 14 times. And of course they have a big BA against him, with a .311, OBP of .400, and a .509 SLG %. The Yanks also hit .400 against Camp, and .353 against Stokes. I just can't fudging wait for this one.

Marlins -141
Risking $560 to win $400
Basically this is a "fade a new pitcher" play, but I also have a little info to back it up with. Anibal Sanchez was a rookie sensation last year, who through a no hitter against what I do believe was the Nats.(I may be wrong) Now the Nats, I bet are pissed off by this, but shouldn't really have anything to do about it. The last 2 days we've seen the Marlins win 9-2 and 9-3. So whats the worst that can happen? They will win 9-4? But out of 50 at bats against Sanchez, they only have 10 hits, 3 RBI's, and a .200 BA. No way the Nats will break out of their season slump tomorrow.

BOL All. Have A Great Day.
Peace_5.gif

Astros -1.5
Boy do the Stros wish they still had Pettite and Clemens. But Woody Williams will have to do. Easily said here, out of 45 at bats, the Bucs only have 4 hits. Which is amazing. No runs, 5 Walks, 14 K's, and a unthinkable .089 BA against them. The Pirates on the other hand are going to wish they had anybody on the mound but Tom Gorzelanny. Out of 65 at bats, he gave up 23 hits, 2 Homers, a big 15 RBI's, Walked 9, struck out 6, and has a remarkable .354 BA against him. And the OBP is .440. This has 10-0 win written all over it.

Reds
Loving this play acctually. Arroyo will deffinatly shut down the Cubbie today. I also predict him having a wonderful season this year. In 160 at bats, the Cubs have 37 hits, 3 Homers, 17 RBI's, 7 Walks and 30 strikeouts. They also have a BA of only .231. And only a .260 OBP. But besides Arroyo shutting the Cubs down, the Reds will just overpower them in every way. Yes, I am fading the over payed Lilly. I know that only 4 players have hit against Lilly on the Reds, and that 1 of them only had 2 at bats and did nothing, but the guys who did do somthing, had some impact. Those were Conine, Gonzalez, and Hatteberg. But out of the 42 combined at bats, they have 13 hits, 3 Homers, and 14 RBI's, and an average of .310. I just think they will dominate today.

Athletics/Mariners Under 8.5
What was Vegas thinking when they came out with this line. They must not get the info I've been getting. These are 2 crews who don't have all that much power in them. Don't take last night as an example. hehe. Contact, maybe, but not in tonight's matchup. I love Miguel Batista, and I think he is a good pitcher. In 174 at bats against Batitsta, they A's have 46 hits,12 RBI's, 17 Walks, and 21 K's. They also hit .264 against him. Now that is good, and on any other day I would take the A's, but I just don't trust them. But although those aren't great numbers, these will impress you and have you agreeing with me. Harden, out of 120 at bats, the M's have hit the ball only 13 times. Yes 13. He gave up 1 Homer, and 4 RBI's. He also walked 10 M's and struck out 35 of them. But when you teams hit an average of .108, a OBP of .179, and a SLG % of .183, you know you will be in trouble. Hence the reason I love this play.

Padres
Explain to me how the Giants are favorite. Please. I'd love to know. After their poor offensive performance yesterday, which led me to win, and their poor pitching, how can Cain be favored. In 74 at bats, the Giants have 16 hits, 2 Homers, and 9 RBI's. Along with 4 Walks, 12 K's, and a BA of .216. This kid can pitch, and there is no way that he wont continue to be his good "YOUNG" self. Cain on the other hand, isn't all that bad. In 65 at bats, the Pads, hit 15 times, got 1 Homer, 6 RBI's, 13 Walks, 18 K's and hit .231 against Cain. Now people would say "Hey, thats not bad". And I would agree with you. But if you watched the game yesterday, you would know that the starter can't stay in forever, and when the bullpen comes in, you need somone who can take control. And thats what the Pads have that the Giants don't. The Giant's pen played like shit yesterday, and expect another horrible outing in tonight game.

Mets
And finally you have the Mets with Maine on the mound. Now this is a kid who can pitch. If the Mets were to win the NLCS last year, he would have had somthing to do with the winning of the World Series. In 23 at bats against Maine, the Cards have 5 hits, 2 Homers, 7 RBI's, (which is a pretty good stat for the Cards) 2 Walks, 4 K's and a .217 BA. Now on to Looper. Looper, Looper, Looper. Man I hate this guy. He's not that good, and is a Cardinal. 2 traits that don't fit well with me. I expect the Mets to roll again. In 71 at bats, the Mets have 19 Hits, 7 RBI's, 6 Walks, 7 K's, and an average of .268. Not the worst, but not the best either. To put it all in perspective. The Mets will roll all over the Cardinals for the 3rd game in a row. Maybe the Mets will rest some of their players? You might ask. NO. This is a revenge game, and they are on a mission this year. Mets to the BANK all year round.

GL today

I think I kind of have to fade the Nationals at -139

We most likely won't be on many of the same games but wont be opposites either..

:cheers:

I always enjoy your write ups bro, I know you put a lot of time and effort into it and you do a great job!

HUNTDOG Thanks bro. :shake: I try. I love to give others all the knowledge I can come up with. :cheers:

Kmacc Thanks bro. :shake: Lets do it :cheers:

like the marlins, reds for sure. other plays look good too but after playing the Stros -1.5 to open the season and watching them tonight I'll be stirring clear of them unless I fade them that is.

Sparky, Marlins are easy cash, they should be -220, and it amazes me how many people are on the reds after so much talk about the cubbies offseason spending spree, not saying its wrong, but just surprising

renew I think the Stros have to bounce back tonight. No way will they lose 3 in a row to the Pirates. Not even on a bad week. :shake:

Yanks Thanks bro. :shake: :cheers:

hile I agree. The Marlins are easy money. Right now with a 6-1 lead. And I really expected the Cubs to be good this season, but the stats don't lie. I really do think that the Reds will destroy the Cubbies today when Lilly blows this game early. Another 5-1 game. :shake: :cheers:

Santa Thanks bro. :shake:

macdamn Yea...I found it out. Thanks bro. :shake: But still, the D-Backs are even a better hitting crew then Nats. lol. But non-the-less. 6-1 Marlins. :cheers:

Dino Thanks. :shake: Marlins are looking great. :cheers:

cakeoff I don't believe in "LOCKS". But the Dodgers do look good. But I'd stay away. As for the Phills, I'm loving Hudson, but I will also stay away. :shake:

Farm Thanks bro. :shake:

Seeing that the site was down earlier, I couldn't post my late plays. But these were what they were...

Reds ML -123
Risking $369 to win $300

Mets -110
Risking $330 to win $300

Padres Even
Risking $100 to win $100

Athletics -130
Risking $390 to win $300

And that crumby ass loss by Jorge Julio. Man that guy is a lost cause.

Overall... I was 3-2 today. :hairout:

Took that LOSS as well in Washington. It really wasnt Julio's fault persay. Marlins had 3 innings with two men on base and 1 out or less(one guy was at least as far as third) and scored NO RUNS.....the writing was on the wall that WASH was gonna win....it sucked I tried to find a place where I could live bet it....it was that obvious...you cant have 1st and 3rd in 3 straight innings and not score and think you will win...especially when you had a 6-1 lead you let them chisel into...

Miguel Batista is hurt and REDS will not hit LHP at all this year....Arroyo's work vs Chic was pure BS last season....guys he faced...Glendon Rusch 3 times, Wade Miller and Mateo.....plus no Lee and of course of Soriano..oh and Cubs werent very good last year...

Be careful with Pettitte I dont think we see vintage Andy and Seo isnt very good but he pulls gems out of his ass evry so oftenlike his 1-0 loss vs Yanks last year...:cheers:

Back