• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

This is what I hate about MLB as it's played today

Wiretowire

So this kid Ashby is making his first major league start. He's tentative and the Cubs rough him up for 2 runs in the top of the first. Then with 1 out and runners on 1st and 3rd he gets the hitter to hit a routine ground ball to short. For some unknown reason Adames the shortstop charges the ball hard. It wasn't hit hard but it was not a slow roller either. The ball rolls right under his glove and I mean it's the error of all errors as the ball was hit right at him. Cubs score their 3rd and 4th run. The next hitter hits a slow roller to first and the first baseman stays back to cover the bag instead of charging as the second baseman is also covering first for him. Then at the last minute the first baseman charges the ball and the rookie pitcher has to dive to try and field it because the first baseman fucked up. No out there either as the ball rolls away from the diving pitcher. Cubs score their 5th run. Pitcher is completely rattled and he walks the Cubs pitcher next. Counsel takes him out.

The announcers of course say it was the rookies fault because he was nervous in his first start. God forbid they say anything bad about the fielders. If the shortstop makes the fucking play it could be a double play end of the inning and the kid gives up 2 runs. At worst the out is recorded at first and the runner on third stays put. If the fucking shortstop and first basemen had done their job the inning would have been over allowing no more than two runs. But instead this kid is throwing pitch after pitch because the defense sucked. When the kid is replaced and the announcers say "Tough start to his career!" What they didn't say was the kid got fucked by his defense.

I have never in 70 odd years seen hitting or fielding as bad as I see every game and by every team every day. I can't get over how bad it is in the entire league. But of course you wouldn't want to say it's the veterans fault. It HAS to be the kid. Too bad Al Leiter wasn't pitching today. You can bet the announcers would have been all over the defense. I know Leiter would have been. GL

Since that whole chicks dig the long ball campaign it's progressively gotten worse over the years to now this

At least I do find it entertaining, there's a silver lining in there

Back