• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

The Open Championship at Royal St George's

Collin grew up about 10 miles from where I am. My home course is one I’m sure he has played countless of times. Wolff is close as well. Kevin Na… Tiger obviously too. Used to play in junior events with Eldrick eons ago… good memories
My other dude in the office (say that because it's been us 2 for almost a decade) was the #1 at Oregon St when Tiger was at Stanford. They are a small fraternity, PAC 12 golfers stay in touch with each others I've learned.

I'll post my wagers in here and just add to this post as we go along:

Rahm 10th or better -125 WIN

Phil 67th or better -115 LOSE

G Higgo to win - +9500 ($50.00 to win $4,750.00) LOSE

I took Round #2

Spieth to win his group -115 (Bryson & B Grace) & WIN

Brooks -140 Over Berger WIN

Brook finish Top 9 -110 WIN

Round #3

Harris English -125 Over Sam Burns 2X the usual amount WIN

D Berger -115 Over W Simpson LOSE

Koepka scores under 68.5 -130 LOSE

Rahm scores under 68.5 -130 WIN

Cam Smith -120 Over C Conners LOSE

Round #4

Jordan +112 Over Rahm (small wager) PUSH
Final results

Made a little thx to H English and the Brooks & Rahm finishes

Teapot, I tried to phone you on 2 occasions,left messages but never heard back from you. Believe you were aymBandon then. Believe you have my e mail address. If not reply in this thread and I will get it to you. BTW, I did not claim to have worked at the Old Course. In fact,I worked there for 10:seasons and looped over 2000 rounds
Sent you a message

Also, my apologies. I may have given you an incorrect number.

Last edited:
British Open courses are by their nature quirky, and this one seems to me more than usual, so I wonder how the players who don't handle bad luck well will do? Rahm is famous for his temper, but he's playing so well right now, I don't want to get in front of that. But I'm not looking to back the guys who think that golf should be an execution contest only: Rory, JT, Bryson, and a bunch of Americans that only play this style of golf for the Open.

I've changed my golf betting strategy where I'm pretty light on the matchups and go heavier on the top 5/10/20 props, plus a few outrights. I tend to ride a few players so hopefully a handful of them will play really well. Worked out really well for the US Open with Louis, Brooks and Rahm. And I'm taking Louis and Brokss top 5/10/20 in every major until further notice. Here's where I am so far:

To win:

Spieth
Fleetwood
Branden Grace

Top 5:

Speith
Xander
Louis
Fleetwood
Grace

Top 10:

Rahm
Xander
Spieth
Louis
Brooks
Fleetwood
Grace

Top 20:

Hovland
Casey
Fleetwood
Scheffler
Poulter
Finau
Grace
Lucas Herbert
Noren

Matchups:

Spieth over JT
Fleetwood over Hatton

I've thought since the early spring that Spieth will win this, so I'm sticking with it. I think he'll always do reasonably well on courses where you don't just hit your stock shots all over (like Augusta) and have to use your imagination. And he's proven that he can recover from bad shots and scores as well as anyone, because he does it almost any time he pegs it.

Good luck to everyone, coffee golf is the best
Nice payday, what could've been if Spieth had won, but Morikawa played nearly flawlessly today. Love watching him play. Also had Pouter finish one stroke out of top 20 and Fleetwood 2 back. Feel bad for Oosthuizen. Has only lost to 4 golfers total in the last 3 majors?

Back