• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] First we'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we have experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

The Official National Anthem Over/Under Thread

Are you betting the Over or Under for the 2009 National Anthem?

• Over

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WTF, their normal rules?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...em-overunder-controversy-defense-steals-show/

Gladys Knight national anthem length
We had an early easy pick before the game with Gladys Knight's national anthem. Knight continued the trend of the national anthem being sung in over 1 minute 45 seconds by going on for an unofficial time of 2 minutes, 1 second. Bovada set Knight's over/under at 1:49, with the over being -190 odds and the under being +145. Knight did not defy the odds, really stretching the last few notes of the song.

With that being said, Knight may have stretched the final notes too long. After a pause after the first "brave," Knight collected herself and sung it again. While some books are paying out both sides, most have adhered to their normal rules and stopped the anthem after the first brave, paying out the under instead.

Result: OVER, but UNDER

I'm someone who doesn't play these judgment type props, just curious how those were graded at different places

Nobody betting this?

Super Bowl prop bets 2020: National anthem
How long will the national anthem run?
  • Over 2:01 -155
  • Under 2:01 +115
This is the fifth time that Lovato will sing the national anthem before a sporting event. In her first three renditions of the anthem, she finished in under two minutes, but she went long in her last version. Lovato sang the national anthem before the huge PPV fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor in 2017, and it took her 2 minutes and 11 seconds to finish.

We have seen five of the last seven national anthem performances last longer than two minutes, so that coupled with Lovato’s growing fame means she will likely go over.

How long will Demi Lovato hold the word “brave” at the end of the national anthem?
  • Over 5.5 seconds -175
  • Under 5.5 seconds +135
Will Demi Lovato omit a word from the national anthem?
  • Yes +900
  • No -3000
We have seen a few artists flub the national anthem in the past, but Lovato is an improbable candidate given how seasoned she is at this point. Lovato hasn’t had an issue singing the "Star-Spangled Banner," and that’s one of the reasons she continues to be asked to sing the anthem. This is a hefty price to pay, but Lovato certainly won’t be overcome by the moment.

There must have been a rehearsal or something yesterday. The line dropped 9 seconds.

Was it on this site or somewhere else that someone had a friend working security for the super bowl in Atlanta and he heard the rehearsals/sound checks and told everyone to hit the over and he nailed it with ease. Granted that could’ve been bullshit but I’d like to give the benefit of the doubt

Was it on this site or somewhere else that someone had a friend working security for the super bowl in Atlanta and he heard the rehearsals/sound checks and told everyone to hit the over and he nailed it with ease. Granted that could’ve been bullshit but I’d like to give the benefit of the doubt
It was here, I remember that too last year. Think he had insight on the halftime show too

Nobody betting this?

Super Bowl prop bets 2020: National anthem
How long will the national anthem run?
  • Over 2:01 -155
  • Under 2:01 +115
This is the fifth time that Lovato will sing the national anthem before a sporting event. In her first three renditions of the anthem, she finished in under two minutes, but she went long in her last version. Lovato sang the national anthem before the huge PPV fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Conor McGregor in 2017, and it took her 2 minutes and 11 seconds to finish.

We have seen five of the last seven national anthem performances last longer than two minutes, so that coupled with Lovato’s growing fame means she will likely go over.

How long will Demi Lovato hold the word “brave” at the end of the national anthem?
  • Over 5.5 seconds -175
  • Under 5.5 seconds +135
Will Demi Lovato omit a word from the national anthem?
  • Yes +900
  • No -3000
We have seen a few artists flub the national anthem in the past, but Lovato is an improbable candidate given how seasoned she is at this point. Lovato hasn’t had an issue singing the "Star-Spangled Banner," and that’s one of the reasons she continues to be asked to sing the anthem. This is a hefty price to pay, but Lovato certainly won’t be overcome by the moment.
It's tough to "steal" this bet anymore @mogo hence why the discussion was less this year (and even last year).

Anyone else bet on the "brave" length? It's at 5.5 secs. On youtube vids, one brave was right at 5.5, plus a 6+ and a 7. Some singers put more emphasis on "free" and shorten the brave, but she seems to put even emphasis on them, so I went with the over.

Anyone else bet on the "brave" length? It's at 5.5 secs. On youtube vids, one brave was right at 5.5, plus a 6+ and a 7. Some singers put more emphasis on "free" and shorten the brave, but she seems to put even emphasis on them, so I went with the over.
That's the actual bet on this I like, the over.

She really is dramatic when singing this, pausing to listen to the crowd cheer her, etc. (Conor Fight)

Duet this year. Eric church is a country singer and jazmine Sullivan an r & b singer. We had a country guy a couple years ago and pretty sure is was well under. But the female r&b singers love to drag it out. 2 mins is the line I’m seeing

Duet this year. Eric church is a country singer and jazmine Sullivan an r & b singer. We had a country guy a couple years ago and pretty sure is was well under. But the female r&b singers love to drag it out. 2 mins is the line I’m seeing

duet huh? I Don’t recall ever hearing a duet anthem! Surely they have happened before? I’ve always wondered that surely there some inside info on this as ppl have access to the practices? Very low limits I assume? I’ve never tried to bet more than 40-50 bucks! Feel like the stop watch very controversial on this!!

Back