Bet at Betanysports.eu
Bet on Sports-Join MyBookie.ag today!

The New Playoff Discussion...

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
Only thing you lose is the "game of the century" types...but that's fine nowadays... Rarely happens...
Yep, every week of the regular season, and every conference tourney final mattering is much better in the long run

Also, keeps teams alive longer, b1g or sec teams who lose in september were basically done in past, with the 6 at large, still makes sure best teams get to playoff, while also making sure every team has a chance every season, aka the usf rule

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
From reading details

First round would be on campus, once it's down to 8 than at 'bowl' sites

First round post post conference titles pre christmas

Qf on Jan 1 or 2

Earliest would be 2023

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
Notre dame ad was in the working group, and they would be team with biggest potential issues, so seems to have momentum

twinkie13

Principal at Newman
Who outside of fan bases are interested in Bama/Clemson/LSU/Ohio St/Oklahoma in this mini tournament? Occasionally someone else, sure, but this is not exciting for the sport
Also I just gotta add that LSU is in the West WITH Bama(yea I’m sick of em too). So you can imagine the difficult road travelled to have been to 4 Natty’s in 20 years

I get your point though.

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Fact of the matter is... Bowl games have become a thing of the past so we need something 'different'.

I'm all for something like this that will at least give us several meaningful games.

TahoeLegend

Sounds great to me. The only part I don't like is giving four teams a bye

The fact the "six most highly rated conference champs" are automatically in is interesting. I could see a year where a Power Five conference power gets knocked off by a two loss team from the other division and it allows to Group of Five champs in. I I like that idea.

KJ

KJ is my name, naps are my game.
Sounds great to me. The only part I don't like is giving four teams a bye

The fact the "six most highly rated conference champs" are automatically in is interesting. I could see a year where a Power Five conference power gets knocked off by a two loss team from the other division and it allows to Group of Five champs in. I I like that idea.
Depends, it can read a couple ways

Is the individually rated teams from any conference, or the champs of the 6 highest rated conferences?

TahoeLegend

Is the individually rated teams from any conference, or the champs of the 6 highest rated conferences

Six highest rated conference champs. It's the ranking of the individual team that wins the conference title, not the rating of the conference

guaranteeed

CTG Moderator
Staff member
One thing I've seen that i hope they factor in, gotta cut out some neutral site games

The quarters at least need to be on campus, preferably semis as well, but making fans travel for 3 potential games

Right now it's just that first week of games where the top 4 have byes, so the top 4 seeds dont even get a home game too, they go straight to neutral site

Reactions: KJ

KJ

KJ is my name, naps are my game.
Really think you have to get rid of a reg season game if you're going to do this, too much unpaid football for a lot of these guys already.

Risking more guys just not playing after the semester is over to prepare for draft, doesn't matter if they're playing for a 'ship I believe

Last edited:

Gandolf

Offensive Guru
So your 12 teams will annually be from the same 21/22 programs:

5 Power 5 champs (generally Bama, Ohio St, Clemson, Oklahoma, USC or Oregon)
1 Non-Power 5 champ (generally from AAC)
3 SEC wildcards (pick from Fla, Ga, LSU, Auburn, A&M)
1 Big 10 wildcard (pick from Iowa, Wisky, Mich or PSU)
1 Big 12 wildcard (pick from Texas, OK St or Baylor)
1 ACC wildcard or Notre Dame (it'll be ND, who are we kidding?)

I guess its a little more variety than what we see now. There have only been 11 teams in the CFP in its 7 years.

Bet at Betanysports.eu