• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Super Bowl: Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Discussion Thread

I love the part about using the app....

Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale, a Houston furniture store owner who is known for making giant sports bets, has placed the largest wager on Super Bowl LV so far -- $3.46 million on the underdog Tampa Bay Buccaneers at +3.5.

McIngvale flew into Colorado Springs on Wednesday, logged on to the DraftKings mobile betting app from the airport and placed one of the largest bets ever on the Super Bowl. After paying a little extra in juice (-127) to get the Bucs at +3.5, McIngvale would win $2.72 million if Tampa Bay covers the spread.

his bets are always hedging his stupid promos ain’t they?

Crazy story from Jay Glazer this morning about how the Chiefs trainer thought to give the barber a Covid fast test else things would be a mess.

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Demarcus Robinson was activated off the NFL's reserve/COVID-19 list on Friday and will be available to play in Super Bowl LV, while Tampa Bay Buccaneers receiver Antonio Brown is officially listed as questionable for Sunday's game.

Robinson practiced with the Chiefs on Friday for the first time since being placed on the list for being a close contact of someone who had tested positive. He had to test negative for five straight days before coming off the list and returning to practice.

He was third on the team with 45 receptions for 466 yards and three touchdowns this season. His return would be particularly important to the Chiefs if Sammy Watkins, who is listed as questionable on the final injury report with a calf injury, doesn't play Sunday.

The Chiefs also listed tackle Eric Fisher (Achilles) and linebacker Willie Yag (knee/ankle) as out for the game.

Brown, meanwhile, was a full participant in Thursday and Friday practices for the Buccaneers, showing no ill effects of an increased workload, according to Friday's practice pool report.

He suffered a knee injury in the wild-card win over the New Orleans Saints and did not travel to Green Bay for the NFC Championship game.

Bucs tight end Cam Brate is also listed as questionable on the final injury report. He suffered a strained back muscle Thursday and missed Friday's practice. He is expected to play Sunday, barring any unforeseen developments, a source told ESPN.

Safety Jordan Whitehead, who has been battling a shoulder injury that took him out of the NFC Championship game, shed his non-contact jersey Friday. Rookie safety Antoine Winfield Jr., who didn't play vs. Green Bay because of an ankle injury, was a full participant in Friday's walk-through. Both players had been limited all week, and do not carry an injury designation for Sunday.

Just back for more...

Tampa is on FIRE since they played the Chiefs

Home Vikings,
at Falcons (barely won, no Julio, Gurley 1 carry)
at Lions (Chase Daniel and David Blough),
Home Falcons (no Julio again, Falcons moved the ball both games),
at Washington (guy making his 2nd start moves the ball up and down the field),
at New Orleans (Drew Brees looked awesome, Michael Thomas hurt and not a factor),
at Green Bay (they won the game despite their QB)

Chiefs when they have had to "show up" this season

blew out the Texans opening night (did we know they would disintegrate? no)
blew out Ravens
blew out Bills
blew out Bucs before putting the brakes on
blew out Miami despite four turnovers and then putting the brakes on
Saints, up 14 in the 4th, was the game ever in doubt?
blew out Cleveland before Mahomes got hurt
blew out Buffalo

Fuck yeah I am biased.. But what in God's name am I missing... This was like everyone taking the Rams two years ago. No, the Chiefs are built for this. They will lay the hammer down, Idc if I am playing Left Tackle.

No good for the Chiefs...Save the drinking for when you win.

Britt Reid, the son of Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid and the team's outside linebackers coach, was involved in a multicar accident Thursday night that has left a 5-year-old child with life-threatening injuries, according to a team statement and the police report.

Reid, who was scheduled to leave with the Chiefs on Saturday for Super Bowl LV against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is now not expected to travel to Tampa, Florida, a source told ESPN.

According to an incident report provided by the Kansas City Missouri Police Department (KCPD), a car ran out of gas on an on-ramp to Interstate 435 in Kansas City on Thursday night. After the driver called relatives for help, a second car arrived, also parking on the on-ramp.

According to the police report, a third car, which Kansas City television station KSHB says was driven by Britt Reid, then came along and struck first the left front of the disabled vehicle and then the rear of the second vehicle, where the 5-year-old child was in the back seat along with a 4-year-old child, who also was taken by ambulance to an area hospital but with non-life-threatening injuries.

The station said Reid acknowledged to police that he was driving the third car, according to a search warrant. The police report said the driver of the third car suffered non-life-threatening injuries and was being investigated for possible impairment.

According to the search warrant obtained by KSHB, a KCPD officer said Reid's eyes were bloodshot and the officer smelled "a moderate odor of alcoholic beverages." The warrant went on to say Reid told the officer that he had had two to three drinks and that he also took prescription Adderall.

"The organization has been made aware of a multi-vehicle accident involving Outside Linebackers Coach, Britt Reid," the Chiefs said in a statement Friday. "We are in the process of gathering information, and we will have no further comment at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone involved."

No one involved in the multicar accident is identified by name in the police report.

Doesn't take drinking to be impaired, family history says so

This is terrible no matter how it's sliced. But if the first response is how it impacts the game, that family is in bad shape.

Doesn't take drinking to be impaired, family history says so

This is terrible no matter how it's sliced. But if the first response is how it impacts the game, that family is in bad shape.

It doesn't take drinking to be impaired, agreed. But when there's a moderate odor of alcohol on his breath it isn't helping things.

You just can't, no way, any way, be putting the team as a whole in that position, a little over 24 hours before you're flying out.

No bueno.

It doesn't take drinking to be impaired, agreed. But when there's a moderate odor of alcohol on his breath it isn't helping things.

You just can't, no way, any way, be putting the team as a whole in that position, a little over 24 hours before you're flying out.

No bueno.
Yeah that's where I was going. That family has impairment issues wayyyyy beyond drinking. Hell the worst drug in the world is addiction.

Allow what I’m going to say to be taken in the football only context. This will only be a distraction in that it’s going to be everywhere. Coach Reid’s son died in the middle of training camp and he didn’t veer off schedule once. These players play for each other and themselves. Coach will process this once the game is over.

aside from that, a terrible situation. I pray the 5 year old survives.

edit: again, my first part is for capping this game. I don’t see it affecting the team aside from being asked about it a lot until Sunday

Allow what I’m going to say to be taken in the football only context. This will only be a distraction in that it’s going to be everywhere. Coach Reid’s son died in the middle of training camp and he didn’t veer off schedule once. These players play for each other and themselves. Coach will process this once the game is over.

edit: again, my first part is for capping this game. I don’t see it affecting the team aside from being asked about it a lot until Sunday

Reid lost his son during training camp, a month out from the 1st game of the year. This is 2 days prior to the biggest game of the season.

I agree these elite athletes / teams / organizations can block out just about anything. Chiefs will certainly have to do so in this instance.

And, yes, hope the kid makes it.

Reid lost his son during training camp, a month out from the 1st game of the year. This is 2 days prior to the biggest game of the season.

I agree these elite athletes / teams / organizations can block out just about anything. Chiefs will certainly have to do so in this instance.

And, yes, hope the kid makes it.
could be that having to deal with all the questions about this could be a downer for them..instead or getting pumped for the game!!.who knows?

I'm sure @Capaholic has already pointed this out, but this is one of the most lopsided coaching advantages we'll see in a SB.

Sure, the Bucs are hot right now, but they've had absolutely everything go right in their playoff games to get here. They are a dumbass Jared Cook fumble away from being dominated against the Saints to parlaying turnovers into a SB appearance. Chiefs OTOH, have done their usual "shoot their own dick off" in the playoffs and won despite it. The biggest factor that's being set aside by talking-head-idiots is the Chief's defense has been elite in the playoffs when it comes to scoring. Sorry to Saints fans to see Spags be on the elite level again.

What if Reid decides to stay in KC to be with his family? Do you have confidence in EB & Spags calling the game?

I'm sure @Capaholic has already pointed this out, but this is one of the most lopsided coaching advantages we'll see in a SB.

Sure, the Bucs are hot right now, but they've had absolutely everything go right in their playoff games to get here. They are a dumbass Jared Cook fumble away from being dominated against the Saints to parlaying turnovers into a SB appearance. Chiefs OTOH, have done their usual "shoot their own dick off" in the playoffs and won despite it. The biggest factor that's being set aside by talking-head-idiots is the Chief's defense has been elite in the playoffs when it comes to scoring. Sorry to Saints fans to see Spags be on the elite level again.
If Reid stays behind who would have the coaching advantage on Sunday?

I have
Bucs +3 -105 5u
Mahomes first Chief to score +1100
ST/D td yes +200
Williams U 28.5yds rushing -105
Evans td -105

Props I' m looking at
Patty rushing td +250
Fournette O rushing yds
Bucs ML or alt spread 1-6

DK's half totals puzzle me. Each half is set at 27.5, 1H over -122, 2H under -127. Lines indicate 1H will be higher scoring. But highest scoring half lines are 1st +106, 2nd -134.

Can anyone decipher anything from this? Are these lines telling of a full game under?

Superbook now reporting they need Chiefs and Under per Twitter. Lot of Bucs money today. Most of the 6 figure bets on Chiefs. Few 7 figure bets on Bucs. Sharps have weighed in on Bucs 3.5 juiced.

My thoughts:

Brady will move the ball methodically and run to keep Mahomes off the field

Bucs will rely on 4 man rush and use zone and stop long Mahomes runs

KC will bring the house against Brady early

My wagers:

Bucs +9 and Over 50 teaser

2 point conversion attempted -117

2H more points than 1st H -170

Over 4 sacks -117

Over 1.5 FG made in 1H -105

Good luck to everyone. A reminder that Patrick Mahomes is 26-1 over the last 455 days. And this is not nearly the best team they have seen.

Be well. Thank you all for another great season.
My only worry for KC are the Oline injuries and the fact that TB is as healthy as they've been all year. However. I saw how Wash with a rookie moved the ball against this TB D... I shutter to see what KC does again

I feel the same as I did 5 days ago. Both teams are going to pressure the other. Alot, I think.

Which QB do you like to handle that? One goes down the instant he's surrounded. The other thrives and sometimes makes his best plays improvising while under duress.

31-24 KC

Good lord than anthem sounded brutal. I'll be utilizing that time for a piss

I feel the same as I did 5 days ago. Both teams are going to pressure the other. Alot, I think.

Which QB do you like to handle that? One goes down the instant he's surrounded. The other thrives and sometimes makes his best plays improvising while under duress.

31-24 KC

only concern for me is the one you speak of has 2 backup tackles. In Andy I trust, I expect a lot of draws, screens, and other things to negate bucs desire to get up the field! Andy is the master!!

Tampa has taken the ball the last 2x they won the coin toss, they havnt win it in playoffs but the offense has started hot when getting ball so they might be inclined to once again take the ball if they win the toss! We know kc gonna defer, might be one those bets that actually has better odds than implied!!

CEH over 48.5 rushing and receiving! Only concern is Williams ends up being the guy, I think one the kc backs will get 100 from scrimmage!

I watch what everyone else watches. Making gambling decisions based on only the eye test can make oneself money, but in cases where there is only one bet, bettors have struggled. The books have made lots and lots of money in 95% of superbowls. Sure there are lots of props and parlays to add to their bottom line, but the lines makers see what we see too.

Lines makers know Brady and see he is aging. We all see it. Some of the throws against the Packers he got away with. On the other hand Brady is smart and I think smarter then Mahomie.

Antonio Brown is limited so far but back on the Field he could be something or someone that factors into this game. I think the Packers are a close #2 Best team in the NFL the past 2 seasons and Brady found a way to beat them in Green Bay.

Bottom line my case is already stated. Beat the Packers, my opinion the AFC is not the better conference (KC did do a great job against the NFC though 4-0) My data that I posted supports Tampa, I get a smart QB and I get +145 on a smart but old QB that finds ways to win. He found a way to beat the -10 point favorite high flying Rams in 2001. His D and coach also found a way to get that done. Beating the Packers last week gave me the confidence I need that he will find a way to get the money again and my systems will continue kicking the books ass. Finally a #5 seed against a #1 seed that already lost to the same team on the same field. line is the same or less.

I use a lot of outside the lines thinking, and I love, LOVE to be opposite.
outside the box thinking on Tampa and would have made a lot of money to bet Mahomes and KC not to score a TD. Wow yes but thats what makes the superbowl special. Lots of wows in SB history.

Back