• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Stafford And Lions and Rams oh my!

CY is the one thing the Football Team has done correctly recently, why bring in a huge contract with minimal weapons? I'd be pissed if I was a fan and they did that.
Chase young is 22 in 2 months

Deshaun watson is 25

They have weapons, they've spent 4 straight picks on the DL

Paying qbs is only an issue if they arent good, and I dont think washington has cap issues

If the league suddenly said we are switching things up, and starting over with a draft

Watson is picked somewhere from 2-4

Deshaun watson is 25

Paying qbs is only an issue if they arent good, and I dont think washington has cap issues
The other part of that is does he even want to be w/Snyder? I'd guess he'd rather be in Houston

Jerry goff is basically on an in his feelings media tour right now

If I'm the lions I trade him asap, cant have a qb who is soft like that

You need a qb who says, I'm gonna make it my goal to win before the rams do, all my life will be about that

Not, hanging up in mcvay to talk to his dad mid trade call, and saying it's nice to be wanted...

Deshaun watson is 25

It's wild...

I know exactly when he left Clem to a ship yada yada...

But it feels like Watson has been in the league for awhile now...

Only 25...

In my head he was 28.

If the league suddenly said we are switching things up, and starting over with a draft

Watson is picked somewhere from 2-4
Not even close lol. When has Mahomes, Rodgers, or any elite QBs teams consistently been mediocre and then when dont have an elite defense get 4 wins... Watson is overrated and put up big stats in 2H when down big. He got out played most games and Mitch made him a punk

Watson rating 15 points higher in 2H this year. I'm not saying he is trash but Stafford is a better QB than Watson. Yes if you factor in age Watson is a better long term play but there are 8-10 QBs I'd look to take in front of Watson for this next season.

Rodgers
Mahomes
Stafford
Wilson
Tannehill
Allen
Brady
Carr
Murray
Jackson

10 QBs gun to head I'd take in front of Watson for 2021. Herbert was a close call.

Watson rating 15 points higher in 2H this year. I'm not saying he is trash but Stafford is a better QB than Watson. Yes if you factor in age Watson is a better long term play but there are 8-10 QBs I'd look to take in front of Watson for this next season.

Rodgers
Mahomes
Stafford
Wilson
Tannehill
Allen
Brady
Carr
Murray
Jackson

10 QBs gun to head I'd take in front of Watson for 2021. Herbert was a close call.

I dunno if I'd take tanneyhill/Carr/LAjack ahead of Watson but I'd take Baker Mayfield, Hebert over him right now for sure. Good debate.

Not even close lol. When has Mahomes, Rodgers, or any elite QBs teams consistently been mediocre and then when dont have an elite defense get 4 wins... Watson is overrated and put up big stats in 2H when down big. He got out played most games and Mitch made him a punk
He had a horrible team this year, no o line and the team traded away his only receiver

Plus his coaching was legitimately bottom 5 in the league

Wins as a qb stat are just bad

Otherwise why did Jerry goff, 2nd in wins the last 4 years just get dumped

I dunno if I'd take tanneyhill/Carr/LAjack ahead of Watson but I'd take Baker Mayfield, Hebert over him right now for sure. Good debate.
I think its clear mahomes 1

Obviously next year id take rodgers 2

But in like a franchise draft, after mahomes I think its between watson, russ , and then one of a group of allen, lamar, baker, herbert for the 4th spot in top 4, just based on preference

The guys behind watson and russ all have a bit more of a question mark after the rest, mostly just consistency

Lamar was great last year, not as much this. Allen and baker took big steps this year, herbert a rookie.

But in like a franchise draft, after mahomes I think its between watson, russ , and then one of a group of allen, lamar, baker, herbert for the 4th spot in top 4, just based on preference

The guys behind watson and russ all have a bit more of a question mark after the rest, mostly just consistency

Lamar was great last year, not as much this. Allen and baker took big steps this year, herbert a rookie.

Yeah. I love Lamar but man he needs some wrs and improve that accuracy.

Yeah. I love Lamar but man he needs some wrs and improve that accuracy.

I really think his oc and lack of a true #1 holding him back a great deal! Look how Allen took off after they added diggs!! If you don’t have a elite guy who can just beat coverages and get open then you gotta have elite scheme/concepts but we know Roman not capable of that, his passing game has always been as lame as his run scheme been good!

oh man, I respect your opinion but there no way in hell there any scenario where I would take Baker, just not a chance!! I admit baker came a long way this year, especially in the maturity department but just don’t think he nearly as talented as watson. You put watson in that scheme on that team and I think they beat kc without question (once mahomes went down). Baker ceiling is more like 8-10th best qb imo.

I don’t have much of a argument against Hebert, not only does he have the arm talent and pretty athletic but you also have him on the rookie deal for several more years!! That kid might just end up right behind mahomes in no time! Wish he woulda got one the up and coming offensive minds to coach him, hopefully the guy they hired brings in someone really good!!!

He had a horrible team this year, no o line and the team traded away his only receiver

Plus his coaching was legitimately bottom 5 in the league

Wins as a qb stat are just bad

Otherwise why did Jerry goff, 2nd in wins the last 4 years just get dumped
I'm with you! Same situation for Mitch and Jay Cutler. I know that life all too well haha

I gotta see another year from baker, I think he on the right path but we saw what happened last time he tasted a little success!! I do think the leadership in Cleveland is finally strong and will go a long way for baker continuing to progress.

I don’t blame lamar as much as I do the oc and wrs. One thing I love bout Lamar is I think he has improved something every offseason and will continue to do so as he has a great work ethic.

not worried about Herbert at all. He has all the tools and seems like a incredibly humble/down to earth kid. Just hope they bring in smart offensive coaches to get the most out of him!

I gotta see another year from baker, I think he on the right path but we saw what happened last time he tasted a little success!! I do think the leadership in Cleveland is finally strong and will go a long way for baker continuing to progress.

I don’t blame lamar as much as I do the oc and wrs. One thing I love bout Lamar is I think he has improved something every offseason and will continue to do so as he has a great work ethic.

not worried about Herbert at all. He has all the tools and seems like a incredibly humble/down to earth kid. Just hope they bring in smart offensive coaches to get the most out of him!
Lamar seems to have a great work ethic but thats not going to make up for the fact that he is a poor thrower. His legs will only take him so far and for so long.

Reminds me when blue checkmark sports twitter were posting in like week 3 about how 31 teams passed on Cam and how stupid they were

Then were deleting those tweets around week 5

That article is somewhat timely given the other thread about Watson being overrated. People look solely at his stats and say he is elite, top 5, blah blah. But any time I watch him play he looks like an above avg QB, no different than derek carr.

Shift to Stafford v. Winston the stats are the same but everyone here will say Stafford is significantly better, why? If you think Watson is top 5, then you should agree Winston and Stafford are the same.

oh man, I respect your opinion but there no way in hell there any scenario where I would take Baker, just not a chance!! I admit baker came a long way this year, especially in the maturity department but just don’t think he nearly as talented as watson. You put watson in that scheme on that team and I think they beat kc without question (once mahomes went down). Baker ceiling is more like 8-10th best qb imo.

I don’t have much of a argument against Hebert, not only does he have the arm talent and pretty athletic but you also have him on the rookie deal for several more years!! That kid might just end up right behind mahomes in no time! Wish he woulda got one the up and coming offensive minds to coach him, hopefully the guy they hired brings in someone really good!!!

Yeah, I am a Baker fan, but then again I am a Goff fan too so wtf do I know lol.

Lamar seems to have a great work ethic but thats not going to make up for the fact that he is a poor thrower. His legs will only take him so far and for so long.

i certainly wouldn’t think he has a real long career. Prob 8 or so years all ya can really count on playing the way he does. That fine tho, I rather have 7-8 great years than 12-15 not so special ones. I still think he capable of throwing the ball better than you give him credit for, I do think he needs to work on anticipation and throwing guys open but again I really think scheme and lack of wr talent holding him back as much his ability to throw.

i certainly wouldn’t think he has a real long career. Prob 8 or so years all ya can really count on playing the way he does. That fine tho, I rather have 7-8 great years than 12-15 not so special ones. I still think he capable of throwing the ball better than you give him credit for, I do think he needs to work on anticipation and throwing guys open but again I really think scheme and lack of wr talent holding him back as much his ability to throw.
Those guys drop a ton of passes too. His only reliable target is Andrews

no doubt: Hollywood got better as the year went on in that area but still don’t think he close to a 1.
I think that kinda receiver is only really a 1 when hes like tyreek and can do the over the middle stuff too

Hollywood's hands need to improve big time and be more dependable on routes before hes even an elite 2

Right now hes basically Ted Ginn jr

I don’t even think he’s a no 2 tbh. He’s Scotty Miller. Only a little better

i dunno bout that, John brown a much better comparison, who I really like the 3-4x a year he healthy. I think Hollywood has 1 traits, just hasn’t put it together. I think he be a excellent 2 (assuming the drops behind him) but you still need a 1 and a slot guy.

@HUNT The interesting thing to watch with Goff and his pairing with Anthony Lynn. Goff doesn't pick up things quickly especially when he was paired with Fisher. He didn't start until mid-season of his rookie year. Is Anthony Lynn a true OC or a body that was available? I don't find Lynn to be an offensive guru. Quite the opposite if you include his decision making.
I can't see Goff being able to comprehend a new playbook in year 1. Good times in LA! LOL

Last edited:
@HUNT The interesting thing to watch with Goff and his pairing with Anthony Lynn. Goff doesn't pick up things quickly especially when he was paired with Fisher. He didn't start until mideast of his rookie year. Is Anthony Lynn a true OC or a body that was available? I don't find Lynn to be an offensive guru. Quite the opposite if you include his decision making.
I can't see Goff being able to comprehend a new playbook in year 1. Good times in LA! LOL
Lynn was a running backs coach under Rex Ryan before becoming a head coach. I can't think of too many worse people to coach Goff who is terrible regardless.

@HUNT The interesting thing to watch with Goff and his pairing with Anthony Lynn. Goff doesn't pick up things quickly especially when he was paired with Fisher. He didn't start until mideast of his rookie year. Is Anthony Lynn a true OC or a body that was available? I don't find Lynn to be an offensive guru. Quite the opposite if you include his decision making.

i honestly thought Lynn came from
The defensive side for years! Lol. Pretty much says what I think about his offensive chops! I feel bad for Goff, this coaching staff might be every bit as bad as the fisher one that was a total shit show! Never understood how that guy got and kept jobs?!?!! This staff doesn’t inspire any more confidence than fisher did, another rah rah ankle biter who’s team gonna “run thru walls!”. Is it just me or doesn’t it seem like the fiery guys who sound like that never have any kind of scheme worth a damn?

Lynn was a running backs coach under Rex Ryan before becoming a head coach. I can't think of too many worse people to coach Goff who is terrible regardless.

lol. That explains why i thought he came from defensive side, a rb coach under Rex is basically a defensive coach! Ground and pound in a era that all about passing! Lol

Back