• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Stafford And Lions and Rams oh my!

Lions made out like thieves in the trade BTW. Stafford is a nice QB but he's not top 10 and he seems like an old 33. He'll be 35 ahead of the Lions 2nd first rounder coming over, could be a pretty high one. Goff isn't as good but he's not bottom 10. Great value for Detroit if they can convert on the picks.

They actually do play at CLE and PIT next season so you might get to go see first hand!
If the Rooney's still have pull it'll be early in the season. Colder late season game would risk too many no shows. Somewhere around Week 2-5. Goff will love it.

The combination of Stafford and McVay can't be underestimated. Any QB with an IQ is going to blossom under McVay. Goff is a bottom 10 QB with the pieces in place. He's worse with less tools.
1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Watson
Who are the next 4. Brees no more. Big Ben no more. Rivers no more. Herbert is rising but still more to prove. To say Matthew Stafford isn't in this top 10 group is not accurate. Next to the Jets, Detroit is probably been the worst run organization in the NFL the last 50 years. Lions now hire a coach who's biting on kneecaps? Whats next? Fisher for OC? LOL

I'll just say I'm happy as a Card's fan that the Rams gave away what they did

The combination of Stafford and McVay can't be underestimated. Any QB with an IQ is going to blossom under McVay. Goff is a bottom 10 QB with the pieces in place. He's worse with less tools.
1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Allen
5. Wilson
6. Watson
Who are the next 4. Brees no more. Big Ben no more. Rivers no more. Herbert is rising but still more to prove. To say Matthew Stafford isn't in this top 10 group is not accurate. Next to the Jets, Detroit is probably been the worst run organization in the NFL the last 50 years. Lions now hire a coach who's biting on kneecaps? Whats next? Fisher for OC? LOL
Tannehill and Baker are now proven playoff winners. Dak has won more playoff games. Brady is still in the top 10 even at his age. Then there's the young guns that could not be traded for Stafford straight up: Herbert, Burrow, Lawrence. And then you have Kyler and Lamar as guys who I also think would not be traded straight up for Stafford.

That puts Stafford about #16 in terms of trade value.

Meanwhile I'd say Goff is better than these starters: Cam, Darnold, Teddy, Mitch/Foles, Lock, Brees, Jones, Wentz, Tua/Fitz, Smith. He's in the #17-20 range with Ben, Ryan, Wentz.

Tannehill and Baker are now proven playoff winners. Dak has won more playoff games. Brady is still in the top 10 even at his age. Then there's the young guns that could not be traded for Stafford straight up: Herbert, Burrow, Lawrence. And then you have Kyler and Lamar as guys who I also think would not be traded straight up for Stafford.

That puts Stafford about #16 in terms of trade value.

Meanwhile I'd say Goff is better than these starters: Cam, Darnold, Teddy, Mitch/Foles, Lock, Brees, Jones, Wentz, Tua/Fitz, Smith. He's in the #17-20 range with Ben, Ryan, Wentz.
I would take Darnold over Goff without even a second thought.

C'mon now Gandy, that's a night/day comparison team pending (and obv the team is vital)
I liked Darnold coming out of college, thought he might've been #1 overall. But he simply hasn't flashed enough IMO. Sub 7 YPA's and averaging under 60% completions......so he's not even that accurate working the underneath routes. Joe Burrow ran for his life this year until they finally crushed him.....had a 6.7 YPA, but completed 65%,

Goff may be a product of the system to a certain degree, but he used that system to get to the Super Bowl. He's a career 63+% thrower at a respectable 7.5 YPA.

I liked Darnold coming out of college, thought he might've been #1 overall. But he simply hasn't flashed enough IMO. Sub 7 YPA's and averaging under 60% completions......so he's not even that accurate working the underneath routes. Joe Burrow ran for his life this year until they finally crushed him.....had a 6.7 YPA, but completed 65%,

Goff may be a product of the system to a certain degree, but he used that system to get to the Super Bowl. He's a career 63+% thrower at a respectable 7.5 YPA.

77.5% clean pocket...sixth best in the NFL

He had underneath receivers that sucked. Not like you won't be correct but he's outperformed his situation imo

Someone is going to get a steal

Looks like Detroit brass wants to keep Goff. I'm with Gandolf. I think he will be fine. He's not as horrible as some of you guys make him out to be. Still only 26 and won some huge playoff games, been to a super bowl. He isn't a bag of balls.

Looks like Detroit brass wants to keep Goff. I'm with Gandolf. I think he will be fine. He's not as horrible as some of you guys make him out to be. Still only 26 and won some huge playoff games, been to a super bowl. He isn't a bag of balls.
He's slated to be the 2nd best QB in the division as it stands

He's slated to be the 2nd best QB in the division as it stands

I mean he may never play a down in Detroit. I just really like the trade and that the Lions got value for a 33 year old qb who won't win you a super bowl.

I mean he may never play a down in Detroit. I just really like the trade and that the Lions got value for a 33 year old qb who won't win you a super bowl.
Yeah Motown ripped that chord

And you know I'm grateful

Stafford is one of those types of qbs that is a good leader but doesn't make others around him better. Never has.

Stafford is one of those types of qbs that is a good leader but doesn't make others around him better. Never has.
I expect the West to be Hawks/Cards....beak to beak next season

Obv player movement will be vital too. Glad we get the 3rd place schedule

I think the Niners will be back in it. Just a tough division. Everyone is pretty good now.

I think the Niners will be back in it. Just a tough division. Everyone is pretty good now.
They should be. I just think with Chandler back we're better. Tough as nails division, not even sure who's pulling the trigger in SF

During that Super Bowl run his passer rating was a hot 71.7. In the win vs Detroit for example the Rams almost ran for 300 yards. This is as misleading as calling Blake Bortles a stud in the playoffs or lauding Trent Dilfer for being a Super Bowl champ

I don't think anyone (including me) is arguing that Goff is better than Stafford, but the difference between the two is nowhere near 2 firsts and a 3rd. Khalil Mack cost 2 firsts. Would anyone trade Goff and Mack for Stafford? Jalen Ramsey cost 2 firsts and a fourth. Goff and Ramsey for Stafford? I don't think that trade would happen.

I have no idea why McVay doesn't value first round draft picks. Maybe Goff just soured him for the rest of his career, I don't know. Maybe getting out from Goff's contract is worth a 1st and 3rd. Don't know. I just think the Lions made out better in the deal.

During that Super Bowl run his passer rating was a hot 71.7. In the win vs Detroit for example the Rams almost ran for 300 yards. This is as misleading as calling Blake Bortles a stud in the playoffs or lauding Trent Dilfer for being a Super Bowl champ

Times are a LOT different now from when Dilfer had to get to the SB. Defense was the way to win. Foles may be the only QB that arguably played out of his mind in last several years that isn't any good...and I think Eagles had HFA that year, plus Wentz got them there.

I don't think Bortles has sniffed the playoffs since.

Mcvay calls a terrible game in most playoff games I've seen...don't you guys remember how boring that Rams/Pats SB was? He froze up and got completely vilified for the game plan. It completely deviated from what they did before. And it wasn't because of Goff. Lol. He was great that year overall. Still only 23-24 too. Young buck.

Mcvay calls a terrible game in most playoff games I've seen...don't you guys remember how boring that Rams/Pats SB was? He froze up and got completely vilified for the game plan. It completely deviated from what they did before. And it wasn't because of Goff. Lol. He was great that year overall. Still only 23-24 too. Young buck.
Did you call UPS or are your goal posts moving by themselves?

Reports out that:

Carolina offered their 1st (Pick #8 overall) and a "later pick"
Washington their 1st (Pick #19 overall) and their 3rd

I'd have cards distant 4 right now

Assuming SF gets a qb tho

Reports out that:

Carolina offered their 1st (Pick #8 overall) and a "later pick"
Washington their 1st (Pick #19 overall) and their 3rd

I would have taken Carolina. Can't lie. You'd possibly have the best linebacker and best wr with both picks. Lions #7 and Carolina #8. I heard about the Redskins offer. I liked the Rams one better, but that Carolina one is tasty.

What about WA offers Young and first round pick for Watson?
7 years difference between Watson and Stafford. That's a lot of years having to watch him tear up the league.

If I'm Houston I counter with Watson and Watt for Young, Sweat, and two 1sts.

Guessing Charlotte makes a pretty hard pitch too, good draft pick, close to home, etc

I wouldn't trade CY straight up for Watson, can't imagine I'm alone in that

Back