• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Stafford And Lions and Rams oh my!

what other teams in play? I just said Saints, Payton says he likes the QB room, but that would be interesting

49ers
Dolphins
Indy
Pitt?
Football team

I dont see a team like denver or the jets, imagine detroit doesnt wanna do him dirty so they send him somewhere with a chance to win

Pretty similar career stats, other than Staff being 3 yrs younger. Ryan has a better career QBR, completion %, and TD/Int ratio.

I’m no Ryan fan, just saying similar. Or more so, this wouldn’t excite me if I was a Falcons fan. Replace Ryan’s 93 QBR and 26/11 TD-Int ratio this year, with Staffs 96 and 26/10.

Now Steelers? Minkah, Watt, Dupree and that D? Give me a stable QB that can throw anything other than a 5-TD out? That’s promising

SO stoked...He's a little better version than Rivers..won't win you a ship.
I think he's much better than Rivers and might be proof that an organization really can ruin a QBs career. This might even give me pause in wanting to move on from Darnold since the Jets have destroyed his career so far like the Lions have done to Stafford.

In classic Bears fashion they are going to try to get a QB in a year when it might be the most flooded market of suitors that I've ever seen.

Teams in need of or possibly changing QB: Bears, Lions, Jets, Jaguars, Falcons, Dolphins, Texans, Colts, Niners, Patriots, Washington, and the Saints. That is 12 legitimate teams that could have a new QB. You could layer in Raiders, Steelers (want future Ben replacement), and Broncos into this, so 15.

The pool of QBs that are viable starters: Watson, Stafford, Ryan, Tua, Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, M. Jones. Then you could layer in Lock, Carr that a team might take a gamble on. Then the worst case scenario of Jimmy G., Trubisky.

So you're talking about 9 QBs for 12 teams in serious need. If you stretch it to the 15 teams in market for a QB realistically you are going to have teams really in trouble trying to add as only Carr and Lock enter the pool.

Truthfully the Bears are in the worst position I see out of all of these teams to add a viable QB option. They don't have cap space, they have the 20th overall pick, and they have no real assets to trade. If they want to move into the top 5-10 picks to try and get one of the 5 QBs in draft, they are in the worst spot bc all the other teams have better picks to trade basically. Then you get into trading for a veteran, they don't have the cap space.

The Bears will end up needing to take Trask or Newman or ____ in rd2 and sign like Jameis. It is going to be a rough season yet again at the QB spot for the Bears.

In classic Bears fashion they are going to try to get a QB in a year when it might be the most flooded market of suitors that I've ever seen.

Teams in need of or possibly changing QB: Bears, Lions, Jets, Jaguars, Falcons, Dolphins, Texans, Colts, Niners, Patriots, Washington, and the Saints. That is 12 legitimate teams that could have a new QB. You could layer in Raiders, Steelers (want future Ben replacement), and Broncos into this, so 15.

The pool of QBs that are viable starters: Watson, Stafford, Ryan, Tua, Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, M. Jones. Then you could layer in Lock, Carr that a team might take a gamble on. Then the worst case scenario of Jimmy G., Trubisky.

So you're talking about 9 QBs for 12 teams in serious need. If you stretch it to the 15 teams in market for a QB realistically you are going to have teams really in trouble trying to add as only Carr and Lock enter the pool.

Truthfully the Bears are in the worst position I see out of all of these teams to add a viable QB option. They don't have cap space, they have the 20th overall pick, and they have no real assets to trade. If they want to move into the top 5-10 picks to try and get one of the 5 QBs in draft, they are in the worst spot bc all the other teams have better picks to trade basically. Then you get into trading for a veteran, they don't have the cap space.

The Bears will end up needing to take Trask or Newman or ____ in rd2 and sign like Jameis. It is going to be a rough season yet again at the QB spot for the Bears.
Which means another year of rough sledding for my guy Montgomery

Which means another year of rough sledding for my guy Montgomery
I don't even hate Pace for the Trubisky pick. I would have chosen Watson that year gun to head but I also loved Mahomes all college season bc of gambling, told people he was going to be good but clearly never thought best QB in league.

Where I cannot forgive Pace is what he did this offseason. Gave Quinn one of the worst deals I've seen in my time as a Bears fan and possibly one of the worst deals in league, I said immediately this is going to fuck us over and it did. No cap space now. Did nothing to improve the OL which everyone with a brain knew was the biggest gap on the team. In fact, he extended Massie making him a top 5 paid RT - what!?. And gave Tarik Cohen an extension getting about $6M per for a gadget guy who has not done much in years. Just awful.

Then Graham vastly overpaid for a guy who can only play in the red zone, while using your top pick on Kmet. Do one or the other. Too much capital into TE there.

Pace needed to go but he is still there and now him and Nagy have this season to prove themselves. One would imagine they swing for a QB fence in some fashion. They can franchise/transition tag Allen Robinson to get pick(s). They can cut Leno, LT. They can cut Graham. With that money they can look to possibly trade for a QB and absorb a contract or look to LT/WR in FA then QB in draft.

There is a path for the team to become above average but I don't have faith Pace will find it.

I don't even hate Pace for the Trubisky pick. I would have chosen Watson that year gun to head but I also loved Mahomes all college season bc of gambling, told people he was going to be good but clearly never thought best QB in league.

Where I cannot forgive Pace is what he did this offseason. Gave Quinn one of the worst deals I've seen in my time as a Bears fan and possibly one of the worst deals in league, I said immediately this is going to fuck us over and it did. No cap space now. Did nothing to improve the OL which everyone with a brain knew was the biggest gap on the team. In fact, he extended Massie making him a top 5 paid RT - what!?. And gave Tarik Cohen an extension getting about $6M per for a gadget guy who has not done much in years. Just awful.

Then Graham vastly overpaid for a guy who can only play in the red zone, while using your top pick on Kmet. Do one or the other. Too much capital into TE there.

Pace needed to go but he is still there and now him and Nagy have this season to prove themselves. One would imagine they swing for a QB fence in some fashion. They can franchise/transition tag Allen Robinson to get pick(s). They can cut Leno, LT. They can cut Graham. With that money they can look to possibly trade for a QB and absorb a contract or look to LT/WR in FA then QB in draft.

There is a path for the team to become above average but I don't have faith Pace will find it.
Thing is I think Monty and Anthony Miller could be studs in a different situation.

Thing is I think Monty and Anthony Miller could be studs in a different situation.
Montgomery has done well especially 2H of last season. Anthony Miller is just not good. Alot of drops, runs wrong routes alot, and generally makes mistakes. I liked him in draft but he just hasnt panned out at all.

Look at Mooney, he has done well and that was an opportunity given to Miller.

SO stoked...He's a little better version than Rivers..won't win you a ship.
I am a stan, so will disagree a bit...

11 or so games in his ENTIRE CAREER with a 100 yard rusher.

Granted, different league the last few years..

One season with a CAPABLE defense... that was the bullshit ref playoff game in Dallas. That team would have had a chance at GB. That was a heck of a team.

Love to see him on a solid roster get a chance to show what he can do.

Great guy, maybe a bit too loyal to the Motor City to be honest.

Remember back in his 1st year everyone decided he was injury prone? LOL One of the toughest QB's ever.

I am not saying he is great, but he is possibly the final piece for a contender to make a playoff push.

I am a stan, so will disagree a bit...

11 or so games in his ENTIRE CAREER with a 100 yard rusher.

Granted, different league the last few years..

One season with a CAPABLE defense... that was the bullshit ref playoff game in Dallas. That team would have had a chance at GB. That was a heck of a team.

Love to see him on a solid roster get a chance to show what he can do.

Great guy, maybe a bit too loyal to the Motor City to be honest.

Remember back in his 1st year everyone decided he was injury prone? LOL One of the toughest QB's ever.

I am not saying he is great, but he is possibly the final piece for a contender to make a playoff push.

Should be interesting. I love his grit. No doubt. But Detroit has no choice. It's a great move for them dumping salary and he's 33. I just don't think he ever wins one. He's always failed with the lights are on. Especially the road.

Should be interesting. I love his grit. No doubt. But Detroit has no choice. It's a great move for them dumping salary and he's 33. I just don't think he ever wins one. He's always failed with the lights are on. Especially the road.
I get it.

That 2014 team still makes me mad...the game in Dallas....

The playoff game at NOLA...never had a chance vs that offense

Kind of a stinker in Seattle.. playoff game...

how many times has he gotten the chance to fail on a big stage? Lions havnt afforded him many opportunities which I don’t think his fault. If he goes to Indy I could see myself taking a stab at a colts future, I think he would be fantastic in that offense, his arm talent has never been deniable imo.

49ers
Dolphins
Indy
Pitt?
Football team

I dont see a team like denver or the jets, imagine detroit doesnt wanna do him dirty so they send him somewhere with a chance to win

I think shanny needs a mobile qb to really take his offense next level. Not that it wouldn’t work, with all those run after catch beast I would put niners to the top the nfc with stafford but man I think if he had a qb with wheels they be that much more scary.

Pretty similar career stats, other than Staff being 3 yrs younger. Ryan has a better career QBR, completion %, and TD/Int ratio.

I’m no Ryan fan, just saying similar. Or more so, this wouldn’t excite me if I was a Falcons fan. Replace Ryan’s 93 QBR and 26/11 TD-Int ratio this year, with Staffs 96 and 26/10.

Now Steelers? Minkah, Watt, Dupree and that D? Give me a stable QB that can throw anything other than a 5-TD out? That’s promising

isnt it fair to say Ryan not only had better teams around him but his mvp year (and maybe another) he got to run shanny offense? I think you put Stafford in Ryan’s shoes he would have a ring. I do agree replacing Ryan with him doesn’t make a lot of sense. Much rather see him in Indy, pitt, mia, San Fran, places I think legitimately a qb away from SB contention.

I think shanny needs a mobile qb to really take his offense next level. Not that it wouldn’t work, with all those run after catch beast I would put niners to the top the nfc with stafford but man I think if he had a qb with wheels they be that much more scary.
Agree, but doesn't sound like Watson is possible and they are in win now mode.

Staff isn't a long term guy, he's a next 3-5 year guy, and would basically give shanny the same level of QB talent, I'd argue a little higher, than what he had in Atlanta when their offense was top 3 in the league.

Agree, but doesn't sound like Watson is possible and they are in win now mode.

Staff isn't a long term guy, he's a next 3-5 year guy, and would basically give shanny the same level of QB talent, I'd argue a little higher, than what he had in Atlanta when their offense was top 3 in the league.

3-4 years feels long term to me! Lol.

I agree Stafford gives him a better qb than he has ever had running his offense imo, and not like he a statue, he can move around back there at least. Assuming they can actually keep those guys healthy (which might be a big assumption at this point cause his offensive pieces always seem banged up!) they def be top 3 offense with Stafford. Kittle, those 2 beast wrs, and that run game be a force if they all on the field!!

Back