• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sportsdatabase going away?

Hulu

#3DownNation
So sportsdatabase has a banner saying its being discontinued on Sept 1 right before the NFL starts. They are moving to a new version 3 site but I went there and it is way over my head technical. No simple text box to enter your query any more.

This has been my number 1 capping resource for a long time and I can't imagine doing this without it.

Anyone have any alternatives? Any clue at all how the new site works?

I'm sure information will be forthcoming as soon as it becomes a paid site.
Maybe so. Its one of the few sites I'd actually be willing to pay a couple bucks to use.

With its popularity, its a wonder he never put any advertising on the site itself.

Made an inquiry to buy either SportsDataBase and/or KillerSports.

Crickets so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if 'Vegas' using it in general terms was behind their demise, the platform was gaining more popularity and was an excellent capping tool.

Anyway gonna keep trying to make the purchase if at all possible, got enough time down here to manage/run a database.

If all else fails may create my own given the info is easy enough to purge from the existing site in it's current form.

Made an inquiry to buy either SportsDataBase and/or KillerSports.

Crickets so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if 'Vegas' using it in general terms was behind their demise, the platform was gaining more popularity and was an excellent capping tool.

Anyway gonna keep trying to make the purchase if at all possible, got enough time down here to manage/run a database.

If all else fails may create my own given the info is easy enough to purge from the existing site in it's current form.
I did the same a few weeks ago but no reply. I think its likely already sold.

What I don't understand is why the owner never put ads on the site. With its popularity, he could've made a killing but just didn't seem interested.

email I received

Hello valued Killer Sports member,

Killer Sports is under new management as of September 1st. This message might be a duplicate for some of you. Rest assured, Killer Sports will not discontinue despite what the banners on the sites communicated this summer. During this transition there will be some loss of functionality, but we intend to restore any loss of service as soon as possible. In addition, we intend to develop more products and make the existing sites more user friendly in the future.

Killer Sports Functionality Restored​

It's taken much long than we had hoped but we are making progress on the functionality at KillerSports.com. We are happy to announce NBA saved trend match notifications are now functional (killersports.com/nba/trends) just in time for the playoffs. If you have saved trends for NBA you will see them now, free of charge for the rest of the playoffs. We anticipate having queries and saved trend match notifications for MLB working within a week.
Thank you for your patience these last few months. We are working on cleaning up some formatting and display issues as well. Soon we will add valuable new tools and data fields that we are excited to provide. Don't hesitate to email us with any questions, thoughts, or concerns.

Killer Sports Functionality Restored​

It's taken much long than we had hoped but we are making progress on the functionality at KillerSports.com. We are happy to announce NBA saved trend match notifications are now functional (killersports.com/nba/trends) just in time for the playoffs. If you have saved trends for NBA you will see them now, free of charge for the rest of the playoffs. We anticipate having queries and saved trend match notifications for MLB working within a week.
Thank you for your patience these last few months. We are working on cleaning up some formatting and display issues as well. Soon we will add valuable new tools and data fields that we are excited to provide. Don't hesitate to email us with any questions, thoughts, or concerns.

Hallelujah! This is great news. Not a lot functional yet but they have a CFL query link so fingers crossed they get that one going before June. And then NFL too

They are still not loading match ups
You have to hit the sdql query page for each sport(NBA,MLB) and will get the below.
Many queries still aren't possible, it's hunt n peck. Series games hadn't worked earlier, but just now I checked and it's working . So, functionality is coming back.

1651613207637.png

More Killer Sports Functionality Restored​

MLB data is up to date, MLB query commands are 80% functional, and saved trend notifications are fully functional ( . We are still working out a few bugs so please let us know if you see anything that looks off.

Reminder - NBA saved trend match notifications are fully functional (KillerSports.com)

Killer Sports MLB Functionality Restored​

MLB Queries and Saved Trend Match Notifications are now functional. If you have saved trends for MLB you should see them now, free of charge.

Don't hesitate to email us with any questions, thoughts, or concerns.

MLB, NFL, NHL, and NCAAF Databases Now Restored​

Run queries, save trends, and get trend notification for NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, and NCAAF
Don't hesitate to email us with any questions, thoughts, or concerns. We love customer feedback.
Sincerely,
The Killer Sports Team

Back