• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Some random NFL thoughts on games I watched

Holy shit, I forgot about this play. I did see it live., what a mess. And his explanation doesn't make it any better. Lots of good stuff, Gandolf.

I also really liked Spooks' subtle point about the Titans never really having been able to figure out mobile QBs. Which they just so happen to have to deal with again this weekend. I'm starting to like the total more and more in that game, tbh.

Honestly, there are a bunch of great adds in here. I'm also on the 'Dalton didn't look terrible' bandwagon. I do think he's the worse of the two options, but that's mitigated by their disaster of an OL. Also, I thought part of the reason Dalton didn't look bad is because he looked fucking pissed. He looked like a guy who's been hearing that he should have been replaced before he even took a snap for two months.

If I could trust Chicago to block for him this week, I might actually play on them. But that OL, which wasn't good before yesterday, got nicked up again last night.

Interesting to see that the Washington line hasn't even moved much with Fitz out for multiple games. Kind of tells you how they see Washington this year, a team that's going to win on defense so long as they can get to 17.

Oh, also, I saw something today where Big Ben said out loud what everyone has been saying, that their OL is messy and it needs time to figure its shit out. And, while it does that, he expects the defense to carry him. Unless the Raiders prove to me they can put up 35 tonight, that probably takes the over in Pitt off my list of potential plays.

Last, on Green Bay, this is probably dumb, and I'm not saying I buy the 'Rodgers was throwing the game to make a point' conspiracy angle. And even though the consensus seems to be they just quit when they got down by two scores, I don't think they'd be dumb enough to risk dropping to 0-2 just to make a point.

All that said, Green Bay was so bad, I'm honestly considering replacing them as my survivor pick this week. Yes, I'm serious.

Last two meetings KC has done what they wanted against Balt. And Balt was better then. Anything under a FG should be a play next week

Nyg not kicking xp end of game…..smh

played lived Denver-12.5 and NyG +13.5…..at high juiced too…..they lost by 14…..missed out on the middle….

Great win for the Raiders, seems a good spot for emotional letdown for them at Pittsburgh next week. Also, it will be interesting to see how dinged up that DL is after tonight with Ngakoue tweaking a hamstring and McCoy getting carted off.

Would have been nice if Balty could come home and get a bad team off this game rather than KC in primetime.

I want to believe that Hunt. I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Also, you don't want to overreact to one game, especially when it's not as if every team has a Darren Waller. But if the Raiders can scheme up Waller to do that to the Baltimore defense, my god, what the hell is Travis Kelce going to do? As Cap said, this may be a matchup nightmare and KC may really be able to do whatever the hell they want on offense.

Really, even though it's a night game, it's September so weather shouldn't be a factor. That Sunday night game may be another name your own score type game.

Thank God we play the NFC North this season

Let's be honest, the East and the North suck. The South is fascinating for me because I love Carolina while everyone is sucking TB cock

But the West could be one helluva playoff just amongst 4 teams

In Week 1, dogs were:
  • 12-4 ATS

• 9-7 SU

• 6-10 to the under
(Side note: The pro-Covid teams (Indy, Buffalo, Minny, and Balty) were 0-4 ATS, 1-3 SU. This is a bit mean to Baltimore, who really should have won that game, but the scoreboard says otherwise this AM)

I'm not saying this continues, if anything things regress to the mean, but while I don't have historical numbers, this very much feels like an anomaly for Week 1.

Actually, thinking about it, what I imagine bounces back this week more than the side numbers is totals. I wouldn't be surprised to see a good number of overs this week.

Thank God we play the NFC North this season

Let's be honest, the East and the North suck. The South is fascinating for me because I love Carolina while everyone is sucking TB cock

But the West could be one helluva playoff just amongst 4 teams

Agree with all of this. And let's add to the South, if NO's defense is as real as it looked on Sunday, and if this team can put up 20+ without Michael Thomas on the field, they should be in pretty much every game they play.

With that being said, their starting center may be out this week and they may be down Marshawn Latimore at corner unless he's going to play with a club on his hand, he has like a broken thumb or something.

Agree with all of this. And let's add to the South, if NO's defense is as real as it looked on Sunday, and if this team can put up 20+ without Michael Thomas on the field, they should be in pretty much every game they play.

With that being said, their starting center may be out this week and they may be down Marshawn Latimore at corner unless he's going to play with a club on his hand, he has like a broken thumb or something.
Try typing with a fucked up thumb Joseph Q, it's hard work

Back