• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

****Soccer is the Greatest Sport on Earth In-Game****

What’s up with this Super League proposed?
Think it's just posturing before UEFA meet tomorrow, not a good sign that the German and French teams aren't on board. It's been in discussion for awhile now but with Bayern, PSG, Dortmund backing off I can't see it having much in the way of legs really. Last thing prestigious teams want to do is start a pissing contest with their FAs no matter how much they hate UEFA

PSG only not signing atm cause its gonna have some version of ffp

German clubs dont wanna sign unless they are sure it's going ahead

With the money at stake, with the 12 that have signed on, wont be an issue finding 3 others, whether that's another Italian club, Schalke or Leipzig, and Lyon

It's going to courts though, wouldnt start for 2 more seasons anyway

UEFA will fight this so bad tho, that's why they are saying anyone who plays in it is banned from euros and world cups lol

Jp Morgan definitely want this too considering the marker they are putting down

Actually surprised if you are on board with this teeed

As much as it would benefit Spurs for obvious reasons, I know several here and not one is remotely on board with this, at all

City were then they bailed when fans chimed in from what I understand

Actually surprised if you are on board with this teeed

As much as it would benefit Spurs for obvious reasons, I know several here and not one is remotely on board with this, at all

City were then they bailed when fans chimed in from what I understand
No I'm not at all, I just have my doubts uefa capitulates after the changes they already made for the CL, hope so

City would join 1 million percent if it goes through though, club value would half the second they didn't join, that doesnt work with the sheikhs global plan

Like I said its going to courts

My guess is at the very least its delayed because of that

What i wouldnt mind is taking this format, it's not a bad format really, but the 15 guaranteed places are a joke, so just take the format, raise it to 40 teams with 4 groups of 10, and then have a last 16 ko round, so top 4 in each group advance to that

That gives the extra games, extra money, and UEFA probly have to give some money up to the teams, and probably on a proportional basis by some popularity metric, I.e man united get more than atalanta

Making relegation/top 4 meaningless would destroy what people here are finally warming up to

Of course if something happens the bigger clubs will join in but this is a great tactic to force UEFA's hand although piss off the FA and it could all backfire completely. Just an awful look when the entire world has struggled in different aspects for over a year.

I think it happens

the potential tv/rights fees would be out of this world
Now that they announced I think so too, but I've gone back and forth so may change mind

The initial 15 clubs getting to share 3.5 billion euros basically wipes covid slate clean for them

Two main things, Dont see how psg, bayern, and dortmund turn this down. It's a have or have not thing. If they do, the list to be the other 3 is gonna be long, teams will be offering to do it and taking no initial payment, just to be in the permanent 15.

Roma, Napoli, Lyon, Marseille, Porto, Benfica, Zenit

That's assuming they wouldnt take anymore English, and if any country pulls a solidarity I think it would be Germany, otherwise throw Schalke and Leipzig

Second, this is gonna come down to the FAs, can the English fa afford to take a hard line stance and kick these six out, the others tv money isnt in the same stratosphere, but the english tv money would plummet

If all the league FAs do kick them out, then this league is no longer a planned european competition, they change it to a permanent league, probably add teams to get to a higher number, since their wont be cups, so maybe 24 teams? Each team plays 46 games type thing

Ryan mason as caretaker manager is very cool

Its gonna be a group thing clearly with powell and king too, but I bet mason gives the players a huge boost

Lmao they are going kick out Chelsea , Madrid and Man City out of CL this week?

Is UEFA going refund tv rights

what a shit show

UEFA/FIFA don’t really have the power to stop this

FA can dump them to bottom of the table if they want to

these leagues at end of day have little to stop this

you are telling me FIFA is going kick out the sports superstars from
Participating in the World Cup

haha , please , won’t happen

FIFA is the least of the concerns

I actually think the champions league thing is a very interesting and correct move by fifa. This will require the traitorous 12 to answer and make promises this week and they are trying to kill the plan in the crib. It’s a good chess move

Reactions: KJ

Fifa's statement yesterday was so tame, they pretty much said cut us in and were good. The super league saying 10 billion to the football pyramid, fifa will push that as a huge benefit

Fifa wont do shit

UEFA is the one who are standing to lose billions

They can look hard now, but like you said above they arent gonna cancel the champions league this year lol, that has less of a chance than no players at euros and world cups haha, that threat was insane

Also the FAs are never gonna kick these clubs out, premier league without the big 6 get a TV deal at championship level

Only way this doesnt happen is if uefa give into every demand these clubs have on champions league, but even then I dono...

Athletic article detailing Agnelli and all the people who he has been ignoring all weekend, he was the head of the ECA who is supposed to be working to help every european club, think it's like 360. Cerafin called him a snake today too.

Neville pointed it out in the pre match on sky a few minutes ago, the glazers, Abramovich, the saudis at city, Kroenke, levy. They arent gonna back off because of public pressure. Madrid and barca are in debt of 1 billion and 900 million, inter are in huge debt, Italys tv deal drops next year, France's tv deal fell through... these clubs arentnginna turn down this cash injection

I agree with the fans being pissed, but UEFA and the other FAs are only upset cause of cash

I actually think the champions league thing is a very interesting and correct move by fifa. This will require the traitorous 12 to answer and make promises this week and they are trying to kill the plan in the crib. It’s a good chess move
Ok, and if they do that and the teams say fuck it, it's over, the super league would 100% be a go

UEFA will pay back their tv deals?

And if by some chance they do end up banning these players

Flo perez already said they'd make their own world cup

This is getting americanized so quick

If, and again a huge if, these clubs actually get kicked out and only have their own league

New york get a team instantly, and also they'd make a playoffs to decide the winner, since there wouldnt be any relegation or cups

Klopp saying people will get bored of seeing liverpool and madrid if they play every year is also insane

It's the best players in the world, come on

This is getting americanized so quick

If, and again a huge if, these clubs actually get kicked out and only have their own league

New york get a team instantly, and also they'd make a playoffs to decide the winner, since there wouldnt be any relegation or cups
This is the problem

The unique thing soccer has had and why it's gained so much in the States is the anti-playoff system. They're trying to fuck with that and just make it participation. How to ruin momentum for $200 Alex. Fuck this.

Klopp saying people will get bored of seeing liverpool and madrid if they play every year is also insane

It's the best players in the world, come on
100% disagree

It's the fascination of when it happens that makes an event

This is UFC shit, we need events, not matches

This is the problem

The unique thing soccer has had and why it's gained so much in the States is the anti-playoff system. They're trying to fuck with that and just make it participation. How to ruin momentum for $200 Alex. Fuck this.
In what way is that the reason?

The ratings are so much lower when it's not at least one of the top 6 sides

El Clasico has become boring tbh

Twice a year and readily available, I'm thinking more about boating than that

100% disagree

It's the fascination of when it happens that makes an event

This is UFC shit, we need events, not matches
Cause people are so bored of watching man united play man city twice year?

These teams arent gonna be playing every week

American sports is predicated on watching best on best, and you think soccer is slowly gaining steam cause of the relegation system and February games between west Bromwich and stoke?

American sports is predicated on watching best on best, and you think soccer is slowly gaining steam cause of the relegation system and February games between west Bromwich and stoke?
Yes, how is this even a question?

I don't give two fux about City/United, Pool and Leicester maybe...it's not some master class chess play here

This is not good

Ok, so then say it's your personal preference, not claiming its the reason for increased popularity
It will fail miserably, who needs to see top teams play top teams all the time?

Reality is, some teams will no longer be top teams. And it would suck. And it won't create a greater watch share. It's foolish.

I don't think it's my personal preference, it's basically everyone who watches futbol I associate with on FB and if you want to play contrarian, I get it. Spurs fans should be. But it's not interesting to most. It's spitting in your face disgrace.

Back