Significant Portal Moves etc..

I wonder if they are silver spoon kids given their dad and older brother's success. Or is this just regretting the choice they made? I don't want to label them as I know nothing about their situation.

Oklahoma added another Tennessee guy. Keshawn Lawrence, safety who was highly regarded and was the #1 defensive guy in the Vol's 2020 class, Not sure the guy fits the OU culture, but Riley wouldn't take him unless he thought he could mold him into less of a showboat

Wonder if either of the McCaffrey boys will go home and play for their dad who is now coach at Northern Colorado

You mentioned this twinkie but more talk that Elias Ricks has not been participating in 'football school' with the rest of his teammates this week. His coaches and teammates have no clue what he's going to do.
Hopeful for OSU if he does enter the portal.

You mentioned this twinkie but more talk that Elias Ricks has not been participating in 'football school' with the rest of his teammates this week. His coaches and teammates have no clue what he's going to do.
Hopeful for OSU if he does enter the portal.
Yea bro. That would be a tough tough loss. Kid can play...better than I thought and I was high on him.

supposedly he was in football school however. But it’s definitely out there about the transfer...it’s real

Gray will help at OU. They have three good running backs--Kennedy Brooks is outstanding--but they needed depth. They have had injuries and transfers at that position every year.

Gray has shown he can run and catch--an OU back has to do both--but he has to show he is all in as a pass blocker to get on the field.

Martell does WAY too much talking about what he's going to do and bragging on himself. I doubt he gets another chance unless UNLV will take a chance on him.

Michigan will get LB Lance Dixon now that he officially entered portal. His HS coach, Bellamy, just took job at Michigan.

The news just keeps circulating that Big Kat Bryant is on his way to Oklahoma

Maybe he's as good as he's hyped up to be. He was highly touted at Auburn and every time they were on TV the announcers would rave about him and predict he would have a big impact, but he never seemed to ever do anything while I was watching.

It’ll be interesting to see what he makes of it. Though it’s not like we’ll hear about it. Crazy
to go there, even though dad is coach.
Yeah, I'll be curious to hear the whole story on the last 12+ months with regards to him.

Something is missing.

I'm always leery when a kid starts complaining about not getting the ball enough, no matter how talented he is,

I don't think it was a coincidence LSU suddenly started playing better after Gilbert opted out.

Same thing happened to Oklahoma State after Hubbard opted out. The whole offense suddenly played better with him out of the way

There is such a thing as addition by subtraction and when one of these guys puts himself above the team and becomes a distraction with their antics it's better to get rid of them and let them take their ego and move on.

I'm always leery when a kid starts complaining about not getting the ball enough, no matter how talented he is,

I don't think it was a coincidence LSU suddenly started playing better after Gilbert opted out.

Same thing happened to Oklahoma State after Hubbard opted out. The whole offense suddenly played better with him out of the way

There is such a thing as addition by subtraction and when one of these guys puts himself above the team and becomes a distraction with their antics it's better to get rid of them and let them take their ego and move on.
It was an enormous surprise when he committed. Like ZERO people had him going to LSU.
I’m sure everyone has seen the rumors about him out now.

one thing is for certain. LSU is gonna need to change their policy on drug testing. It’s a great concept in a vacuum, but it is hurting the football program

It’s a great concept in a vacuum, but it is hurting the football program
The biggest disgrace in college football--allowing a group of academic bureaucrats to punish players for using a drug used by all other students, is not performance enhancing, and. most disgraceful of all, legal in almost every state in the union.

I don't know why one of those endless groups who claim to work on behalf of athletes doesn't take this into federal court and force the suits to explain what right they have to deprive a player of multiple games.

The biggest disgrace in college football--allowing a group of academic bureaucrats to punish players for using a drug used by all other students, is not performance enhancing, and. most disgraceful of all, legal in almost every state in the union.

I don't know why one of those endless groups who claim to work on behalf of athletes doesn't take this into federal court and force the suits to explain what right they have to deprive a player of multiple games.
Very true. I’m telling y’all....LSU has this strange policy. Any time you see these 4 game sit outs....that is usually what it is

That's a good point, but it can be a life lesson as well. The power of constraint is a useful tool. I'd love a Bugatti, but I can't afford it and would go severely into debt.

I'd love to smoke, but I'd lose my scholly and won't be seen by the next level.

It is a rule. Either follow, or surrender that scholly to someone who can. Pretty simple...

That's a good point, but it can be a life lesson as well. The power of constraint is a useful tool. I'd love a Bugatti, but I can't afford it and would go severely into debt.

It is a rule. Either follow, or surrender that scholly to someone who can.

Bartell to Vegas would be awesome since ISU plays in LV next season, looking forward to those 3 picks

It is a rule. Either follow, or surrender that scholly to someone who can. Pretty simple...
It’s a serious crutch at LSU, is all I’m saying. It’s a real issue. I’m not making this up haha

It’s a serious crutch at LSU, is all I’m saying. It’s a real issue. I’m not making this up haha
It's not just LSU, and I agree. Legalize it. But until they do, it's a rule. Just saying that these young men need to take ownership and weigh the consequences.

Radley-Heils, Oklahoma DB has entered the portal. He was a Florida kid, highly rated out of high school, but has been at OU for four years and played a lot, but never lived up to his potential. Not a problem kid, but his playing time dropped last year and he wasn't likely to play much at all this year

Noticed today there are more there are just short of 1,900 players in the portal so far this year.

Clemson Mike Jones (Who....must be said everytime) to LSU.

@MW we got anything in this one?
Yes, he's a really solid starter. TFr Simpson started to get more snaps as teh season progressed, but Jones was still the clear starter. They have different skill sets, so it is a big loss for Clemson. Supposedly, 5* Barrett Carter can do a lot of what Jones does, and perhaps his arrival made Jones feel insecure. I really don't know. I didn't see this coming.

Current tally for Clemson defense:

Four players lost to the portal
starting SLB Mike Jones to LSU (28 games, 7 starts at Clemson)
2nd/3rd-string CB LeAnthony Williams to Marshall (29 games, 0 starts)
2nd-string DT Nyles Pinckney to Minnesota (55 games, 15 starts at Clemson)
2nd-string DT Jordan Williams to VPI (38 games, 3 starts at Clemson)

One lost to health-related retirement
DE Justin Foster, who started 10 games at DE in 2019 and then missed 2020 after having Covid complicated by asthma

One lost to discipline-related dismissal
starting CB Derion Kendrick)

Last edited:
A Virginia Tech take on Jordan Williams:

Williams comes to Blacksburg with two years of eligibility remaining thanks to the COVID free year. Williams had 41 tackles including 9.5 for loss (4 sacks) during his three seasons in Clemson including 5.5 for loss (2.5 sacks) during the 2019 season. Williams saw his role shrink this past season leading him to move on from Clemson after showing that he has the talent to be a high level, Power 5 starting defensive tackle.

With Jarrod Hewitt off to the NFL, Williams should come and immediately start at minimum. However, Williams has shown the talent at Clemson to be one of the ACC's best defensive tackles and not only should be an upgrade at DT, but definitely has legitimate All-ACC breakout potential similar to Khalil Herbert.

Nyles Pinckney:

Nyles Pinckney, a 6-1, 300-pound defensive tackle, announced his transfer to the Gophers from national powerhouse Clemson. The graduate transfer played four seasons for the Tigers after redshirting in 2016. He was part of Clemson's 15-0 national championship team two years ago, and in the title game he stopped Alabama holder Mac Jones for a 2-yard loss on a fake field-goal attempt as the Tigers routed the Crimson Tide 44-16 in Santa Clara, Calif.

A South Carolina native, he was an All-ACC third team member in 2019, when Clemson lost to Louisiana State for the national title; Pinckney missed that game because of an ankle injury suffered in the Fiesta Bowl. He started two of 12 games this season, totaling 27 tackles and one sack, including three tackles in the Tigers' 49-28 loss to Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl — Clemson's sixth consecutive appearance in the playoff.

An inexperienced Gophers defense struggled this past season, and the Gophers have since added Pinckney, a former four-star recruit, and North Carolina State graduate transfer Val Martin on the defensive line.

Back