Significant Portal Moves etc..

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
There are way too many to list them all, close to 500.

But, let's look at significant moves.

Jack Coan to Notre Dame.

Sooooooooo many.

Arik Gilbert is obviously huge.

One thing I don’t get. And I can only speak situationally because it’s too hard to follow all around but with all kids coming and going, you think it would be a free for all. LSU still looking at another Harvard transfer for O Line. Ok, cool.
There isn’t ONE kid at a P5 that can be a tad better? Like somewhere?
Just an example

will be interesting to see if the portals and kids choosing to stay another year of eligibility is going to bring about more parity and uplift alot of these shitty teams.

Rumor has it a big transfer RB may be coming to Chapel Hill, which would be huge for us given the losses of Carter and Williams....We shall see...

Two OU qbs transferred.

Tanner Mordecai, a damn good QB who just couldn't get on the field at OU, to SMU. He probably saved OU's season when he came in when Rattler was rattled and calmed everyone down and got the team in rhythm. Good fit at SMU and a chance to start immediately

Chad Morris to TCU. He was never going to be anything but a reserve at OU, but looks to me like a coach's son should have made a smarter move. TCU has a returning starter with two years left--three if he takes advantage of the extra year--and at least two QBs behind him. Morris is good enough to be a starter at the right school, but I doubt he can beat out Duggan

Rambo too Tahoe. He can be an asset somewhere for sure. Lotta attrition
Rambo has been a steady player and starter most of his career, but he sees the writing on the wall. His playing time decreased this year and he has a bunch of younger, more talented guys who would cut it even more next year. And that's only counting the guys already there. OU has more studs on the way in the recruiting class

Rambo can help someone though. There are plenty of teams where he can be the #1 WR.

Hendon Hooker leaving VT for Tennessee. I didn't see anything from him at VT to make me think he could be an SEC QB. Great runner all right, but guys who pass like he does get moved to WR in the SEC.

Speaking of QB moves, I didn't realize until the bowl game that Kiffin had moved Plumblee to WR. Didn't hear if it was a permanent move or just for the bowl game but it was a smart move. He looked like a star in the making. None of the DBs could handle him

On the coaching front, N Dame made a great hire. The DC at Cincinnati is moving to N Dame and taking over the defense

Rumor has it a big transfer RB may be coming to Chapel Hill, which would be huge for us given the losses of Carter and Williams....We shall see...

Heels land Tennessee transfer RB Ty Chandler

In a move to compensate for the departures of Michael Carter and Javonte Williams, North Carolina will add Tennessee running back Ty Chandler to its roster for the 2021 season, the graduate transfer announced on Tuesday.

"I have decided to use my last eligibility year to grad transfer to the University of North Carolina," Chandler announced. "I look forward to the journey that I'm about to go on and friendships that I will make with my new teammates. 2021 is going to be a special season in Chapel Hill and I can't wait to get there to begin to work."

Chandler, a 5-foot-11, 205-pound Nashville, Tenn. native, appeared in 46 games, with 25 starts, during his four years at Tennessee. He ranks No. 5 in UT history in all-purpose yards with 3,291. He rushed for 2,046 yards and 13 touchdowns on 421 carries (4.9 average) during his Volunteer career. He also caught 58 passes for 465 yards and three TDs. Lastly, he returned 35 kickoffs, for which he averaged 22.3 yards a return with a score, and his 724 total kickoff returns yards ranks No. 14 in school history.

TJ Pledger to Utah this week. Charlie Brewer and a Texas QB who's name escapes me a few weeks back as well.(Jackson?)

Nebraska pulled in Markese Stepp, RB from USC, and Samori Toure, FCS all American WR from Montana.

Also have received the news that 3 of 4 secondary starters are returning for an extra year (Williams, Taylor, and Dismuke) as well as our best LB (Domann).Theoretically, the 2021 D should be the best we've had since 2010.

Not a portal move but does pertain to the new “Covid eligibility rule”...Definitely a pleasant surprise to what was already shaping up to be a solid defense next season.

North Carolina outside linebacker Tomon Fox has decided to return to UNC for the 2021 football season. Fox participated in Senior Day last month and played parts of five seasons for the Tar Heels, but intends to use the new NCAA rule that gives every college athlete an extra season of eligibility in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Fox played in all 12 games in 2020 and made 36 tackles and a team-leading seven sacks and 10.5 tackles-for-loss

Nebraska pulled in Markese Stepp, RB from USC, and Samori Toure, FCS all American WR from Montana.

Also have received the news that 3 of 4 secondary starters are returning for an extra year (Williams, Taylor, and Dismuke) as well as our best LB (Domann).Theoretically, the 2021 D should be the best we've had since 2010.
True, losing Wandale hurts though. We will see if Frost can turn it around. He’s officially a Cat now by the way. Stoops should have his best or second best team.

I admire what Stoops has done at Kentucky, but it surprises me a WR would transfer there. Stoops seems to prefer to move a RB type guy to QB instead of actually recruiting QBs.

I always get the impression if a guy is tough and a good runner and can manage to throw a spiral once every three or four passes then that's good enough for Stoops.

I love his defense though so I like to bet them.

Last edited:
Billy Maples left Lawrence for Drake. He couldn’t handle the bright lights. Lost 3 RBs, one of which to VT. Which is hilarious considering KU’s post season record against VT. Then a WR and RB to UNI. Still hate Abe Frokohaman or whatever his name was for the panthers team.
Those are the notables for those taking notes on KU offseason moves.

Bunch of Tennessee dudes hit the portal today. Guessing more than one Alabama commit got the call today about grey shirting to make room for Henry To’o To’o

Bunch of Tennessee dudes hit the portal today. Guessing more than one Alabama commit got the call today about grey shirting to make room for Henry To’o To’o
Bama and the numbers.....never ceases to amaze me

QB from Penn State, Michael Johnson, transferred to OU. Oklahoma needs bodies for practice, but the move makes no sense for Johnson. Still has four years left and was highly rated out of high school, but couldn't get on the field for Penn State so I have no idea why he thinks he will ever play for OU

Last edited:
Bama and the numbers.....never ceases to amaze me
The management of the scholarships is almost as impressive as the on field accomplishments. I hate it when kids get their offers or spots pulled though. I don't think it happens as often as we may think, but it's still a bad look

The management of the scholarships is almost as impressive as the on field accomplishments. I hate it when kids get their offers or spots pulled though. I don't think it happens as often as we may think, but it's still a bad look
I think the most impressive thing is get all these former NFL or NCAA head coaches to coordinate, consult or coach positions. It’s just a not a level playing field on so many levels now, and that’s not a knock. Just a reality.

I think the most impressive thing is get all these former NFL or NCAA head coaches to coordinate, consult or coach positions. It’s just a not a level playing field on so many levels now, and that’s not a knock. Just a reality.
I think the allure there is to learn how Saban runs the whole organization. If he wasn't a football coach, I could see him being one of those consultants that teaches businesses how to operate at maximum efficiency and profitability.

Back