• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Sentry TOC (Kapalua)

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
We have the new calendar year of the PGA Tour starting this next week.

This tournament had a great playoff last year with JT, Reed and X all making it to extra holes...

The top 10 in general was extremely heavy.

So, in these first few weeks I always want to know who has been taking time off and who has been grinding for the start of the season...

Anyways, I think we had a great group golf discussion once the tour restarted last year with plenty of outright winners and great matchup bets.

Lets do it again!

It's tournament week!

This year is champions plus top 30 (or something like that) of money list so the field is the biggest in tournament history.

Such a chalky tournament, DJ and JT are hard to back at those numbers...X may have some value as well as Fatrick, Cantlay and Im but might well just sit back and enjoy this one

Thanking B A R for the explanation re the field. I thought this was winners only in previous year. Matsuyama ? , great as he was, he didn’t win. In our little draft game, I will choose either first or second. To be determined. Will go DJ if first. Will take Bryson if I don’t get DJ, and expect Hovland will still be available when the second round comes to me.

Thanking B A R for the explanation re the field. I thought this was winners only in previous year. Matsuyama ? , great as he was, he didn’t win. In our little draft game, I will choose either first or second. To be determined. Will go DJ if first. Will take Bryson if I don’t get DJ, and expect Hovland will still be available when the second round comes to me.
I think they did that due to the missing tournaments from the corona

Reactions: KJ
Love this tournament. This course allows so many players to contend because of how wide the fairways are and the elevation changes and wind allow even the short hitters to bomb it 350 on some holes. I've read that success here translates to success at Augusta and vice-versa because of the lack of flat lies, so something to look at. Rahm's first tournament with new clubs, is he changing the ball too? Saw on Twitter he shot a 59 in his first round with the new sticks, so maybe not much of a learning curve there? I need to tread lightly because I got killed last season, in all sports really, but especially golf

Would be worried about backing X here despite previous course history. Apparently got Covid and by all accounts he’s very fatigued since.

Reactions: KJ
As far as time off, can’t imagine Bryson took any. I’m sure that guy is pissed how his season ended

Like Hov -110 over Webb full tourney

Webb also another guy with rumblings of covid and time away from golf

Round 1:
Finau -0.5 -140 over Lanto

Looking forward to the new upcoming season. I tend to like playing tournament match ups cut only with events that have a cut line. I will keep an eye on it though and hopefully get more of a feel for who is playing well going into the California swing here shortly...

Good luck this week guys

Taking a flyer on a couple of tournament matchup plays:

Leishman +160 vs Horschel - counting on Leish's proficiency in the wind
Hideki +135 vs Rahm - great course history for Deki, maybe Rahm struggles a bit with new equipment

Last edited:
So Piercy lost sponsors for a meme about Mayor Pete back in March. Interesting to see the fallout from this.

I bet Field -250 v English I think he craps himself...
And if the wind picks up this afternoon there might be a couple drops. There's a high surf warning til 6pm there today, could be a wild ride.

Back