• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Saturday Discussion Thread

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
May 1 Sat 2021

i missed the number today, but the Dodgers are playing with what feels like half the team they'll have as they enter the postseason. Lineup is never great even at full strength, but what they're trotting out there is replacement level right now considering injuries. I may be exaggerating, but they're going to surely make trades and bring in better hitters and relievers because this team is trash.

MIL can't hit, but i've let that keep me off too many wins so far. Not even sure Hader being down tomorrow is that big of a deal, MIL has the arms to close it out as Williams didn't work today then Suter can cover a few innings if needed

Dodgers were 2nd in the league last year in OPS and #1 slugging team. When they're healthy they are pretty much the best offense in baseball.

Lots of movement on this Twins total today. Must be some weather related?

lot of love for the Twins side, Kiriloff finally hitting yesterday helps lengthen that lineup but they're still far from their best

Dodgers were 2nd in the league last year in OPS and #1 slugging team. When they're healthy they are pretty much the best offense in baseball.

they're not healthy, those numbers are from having a threat from all batters 1-8 and they don't have that now

Really unsure about these lines for Seattle especially with Canning on the bump for the A’s. Do I just close the series for me after the W yesterday, just seems so tempting.

^ I’m beginning to sound like banksy and “hard to pass on fish” after 2 Seattle games

Lynn I assume is healthy to be back so soon.... had 10 Ks vs. Indians last time out. Indians pitcher has a questionable WHIP seems lucky to date

kc, cubbies over, jays over, gigantes ml/under, brewers
I like the royals here, but I don’t like Minor or Duffy or whatever his name is. He’s got the best ERA in baseball and it screams regression like Heaney yesterday.

edit: what’s interesting is he pitched better his last two than in his first two.

Last edited:
Really unsure about these lines for Seattle especially with Canning on the bump for the A’s. Do I just close the series for me after the W yesterday, just seems so tempting.

all Canning has is a fastball and SEA has been playing above their expectations. Newsome was great in relief recently, can't expect him to dominate and LAA will provide a test but the SEA pen has been lights out. Never can trust Iglesias and the bullpen to get to him is sketchy: Guerra? Mayers in high leverage for the first time in his life? Watson who was a FA until LAA had no bullpen a few days before opening day

I like the royals here, but I don’t like Minor or Duffy or whatever his name is. He’s got the best ERA in baseball and it screams regression like Heaney yesterday.

edit: what’s interesting is he pitched better his last two than in his first two.

he's got the tools, always has had good stuff just can't get in big trouble because his wipeout slider and high fastball is not always enough to get out of jams

I think Duffy has been going well enough at those odds which make it a play for me as well. Goodluck if you join

all Canning has is a fastball and SEA has been playing above their expectations. Newsome was great in relief recently, can't expect him to dominate and LAA will provide a test but the SEA pen has been lights out. Never can trust Iglesias and the bullpen to get to him is sketchy: Guerra? Mayers in high leverage for the first time in his life? Watson who was a FA until LAA had no bullpen a few days before opening day
yea, I'm not sure yet will have to dig a little deeper here, but if there's dumpster fire it's Canning

Duffy 7 r in 14 ip last year vs MIN, went 8 IP allowing 3 in first start in 2019 and got blasted for 8 runs in his other

Feel like he's gotten smarter with his pitch usage, and like i've said he always has the stuff. Been somewhat fortunate with who he's faced this year, but still had to get through LAA, TB along with toothless CLE, DET

KC bullpen is better, lineup weaker but MIN going Polanco Garlick Garver (struggling) Kiriloff (LvL) Simmons Arraez (RISP machine) 4-9 does not look that difficult if he can get through smoking hot Buxton and Cruz

+130 dog getting 70% of the bets. Doesn't necessarily matter much in bases, though.

I'll be on Twins if they get through the top half of the 1st.

Cubs over seems too easy...If I bet it, old Castillo will show up and Davies will have one of his big games

Tigers will always find a new way to disappoint. There goes any chance for FF winner. Base runner bit by batted ball. Just great

Shoe is so up and down, don't think there are too many amateurs grinding baseball everyday for six months and that's if you can trust those %
I thought the bet was less about if Duffy regresses and more about Shoe, who hasn't looked good this year.

Bit of both no? Duffy maybe not regressing as much as ppl expecting and shoe being shit
Yea, but it was a good bet. When you dig into the numbers, Duffy has (imo) gotten better as the year has gone on. Shoe's best pitching has been against DET & PIT. He's gotten shelled against any lineup with a pulse.

i know there's mixed feelings about SEA on this board, but Shoe was coasting against them and everything went to hell late which i don't think he's getting enough credit for

Chicago/Cleveland over 8 125/100

Buying the 1/2 run down to 8 just for a little insurance, but I don't think it will matter. I don't see either starter going too deep with Lynn just coming off the IL, and in McKenzie's 4 starts, he's only gone 3.2, 4.0, 5.0, and 4.0. Also looks like a good hitter's day from what I'm seeing from the weather report, with temps in the mid 70's and a stiff 21mph wind blowing out to left.

Back