• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Running Thread of Postponements / Cancellations

CU - CSU Rocky Mountain Showdown not happening.

Had been hoped that with CU and CSU losing an opponent and with the PAC 12 green lighting out of conference opponents and with their annual rivalry being a mainstain on the schedule the teams could get together for a quickie. But no go. CSU has a short week coming up for Air Force and CU sounded as if they would rather wait to see if another PAC12 game gets a cancellation where they could play one of those teams, or just content to prepare for USC next week.

Reese Davis just said "a Clemson player who practiced all week and showed symptoms repeatedly tested negative, then a third party test revealed a positive"

Testing has been said to be some kind of panacea all year, 'we need more testing', 'the problem is we aren't testing enough' - yeah, and when the tests don't work? Didn't Elon Musk say he took 4 consecutive tests and 2 said negative and 2 said positive. Sorry, not the right forum and thread, just had to quickly vent that off.

One day after Florida State abruptly postponed its scheduled game against Clemson because of a positive COVID-19 test among the Tigers' roster, Dabo Swinney lambasted FSU's administration for the decision.

Swinney said Sunday that Clemson followed all required protocols when it traveled with a player who had shown prior symptoms of COVID-19 but did not receive a positive test result until after the team arrived in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday night. Swinney implied that FSU's administrators wanted out of the game and used the positive test as an excuse to cancel.

"This game was not canceled because of COVID," Swinney said. "COVID was just an excuse to cancel the game. I have no doubt their players wanted to play and would have played. And same with the coaches. To me, the Florida State administration forfeited the game."

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — Vanderbilt University’s home football game against the Tennessee Volunteers has been postponed. The Commodores will now travel to Missouri on Saturday for an 11 a.m. CT matchup, as Missouri’s previously-scheduled game against Arkansas has also been postponed.

The Charlotte 49ers, scrambling to avoid losing another game to COVID-related problems, have announced that their home game against Western Kentucky has been rescheduled from Saturday to next Tuesday.

The teams will play at 10:30 a.m. Dec. 1 at Richardson Stadium, with CBS Sports Network carrying the game live.
49ers’ officials say the new date allows the football program to clear COVID-19 protocols that would have prevented the team from playing Western Kentucky on Saturday.
The last time Charlotte played football, area children were trick-or-treating. The 49ers lost on Oct. 31 at Duke and have had three consecutive games postponed or canceled — due to COVID problems either with the 49ers or their scheduled opponent.

“We appreciate WKU working with us and the league office to make this game happen,” Mike Hill, the 49ers’ athletics director, said. “It took some creativity, but we are willing to look at all options to reward our student-athletes for all the work they continue to put forth.”

It means the 49ers will be scheduled for two home games in a little more than 96 hours. They are slated to host Florida International at noon Dec. 5.

Charlotte still has an open date on its schedule for Dec. 12, but the 49ers have a pair of postponed Conference USA games to reschedule, against Middle Tennessee and Marshall.

49ers’ officials say there will be no public sale of tickets for next Tuesday’s game.

These are newly canceled:

Southern Miss - UAB (was to be last game at Legion Field)

LaTech - FIU (FIU lacks healthy players, no surprise they've had several games canceled because of their roster issues this year)

Tulsa - Houston (issues with Houston)

Minnesota - Wisconsin (Wisconsin now falls outside of the minimum number of games to be eligible for league title shot)

Utah - Arizona State (will be third straight week ASU hasn't played, ASU doesn't have minimum scholarship players available).

These are newly canceled:

Southern Miss - UAB (was to be last game at Legion Field)

LaTech - FIU (FIU lacks healthy players, no surprise they've had several games canceled because of their roster issues this year)

Tulsa - Houston (issues with Houston)

Minnesota - Wisconsin (Wisconsin now falls outside of the minimum number of games to be eligible for league title shot)

Utah - Arizona State (will be third straight week ASU hasn't played, ASU doesn't have minimum scholarship players available).
One of the ADs wants to play Minny and Wisky on champions week.

Minn/Wisconsin canceled? That means the two longest-running annual series are being interrupted. That means the longest uninterrupted will be UVA/VPI, Miss/State, or is it . . . Wake/State? Can’t remember which is the longest of those three, but one will take over for Minn/Wisconsin unless . . .

Would be cool if South Carolina could be persuaded to nut up and play the Tigers on 12/12 for the 112th straight year. Both teams have an open date.

Would be cool if South Carolina could be persuaded to nut up and play the Tigers on 12/12 for the 112th straight year. Both teams have an open date.
Might as well, fired the coach. Gonna rebuild. Keep something alive.

Minn/Wisconsin canceled? That means the two longest-running annual series are being interrupted. That means the longest uninterrupted will be UVA/VPI, Miss/State, or is it . . . Wake/State? Can’t remember which is the longest of those three, but one will take over for Minn/Wisconsin unless . . .

Ok. Wake/State and Okla/OSU games were played this year (111 years in a row starting in 1910) and will be tied for longest uninterrupted series if neither Minnesota/Wisconsin nor Clemson/USC is played.

Oklahoma/wva off

if someone got a message from me ignore it. My fucking phone did some weird shit just now. GL

No Colorado/USC

But now looks like Colorado and SDSU will play instead in Boulder.

Hate that CU-USC game got canceled but good for Buffs to get another game set so quick.

I think this is PAC12 Network's first (and only?) game this year? I wasn't sure they were going to have any. The USC game was supposed to be on ABC. Wonder how those decisions get made.

Just heard on local sports radio that there will be no Tuesday morning football after all, as Charlotte had to cancel again. I think that makes 8 for those guys...

Minnesota/N Western is cancelled

Minnesota has the most cases I've heard of any school admitting and it's not even close

Hawaii at San Jose has been moved to Aloha Stadium this Saturday with a time TBD! Sucks for San Jose having to travel. They are in Santa Clara County and in the same boat as the 49ers - contact sports a no-no. They were -6.5 I have not seen an updated number.

Hawaii at San Jose has been moved to Aloha Stadium this Saturday with a time TBD! Sucks for San Jose having to travel. They are in Santa Clara County and in the same boat as the 49ers - contact sports a no-no. They were -6.5 I have not seen an updated number.
6.5pt swing as it is now PK. Very tempted to take SJSU but the travel change causes too much uncertainty for me in this one.

Back