• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Running Thread of Postponements / Cancellations

UTSA - UTEP moved from El Paso to the Alamo Dome.

UTEP canceled practice Tuesday. UTSA has a couple new cases on top of their cases from last week. UTSA HC said they are "hopeful" to play the game, Dimel said he was "optimistic"

UTSA - UTEP moved from El Paso to the Alamo Dome.

UTEP canceled practice Tuesday. UTSA has a couple new cases on top of their cases from last week. UTSA HC said they are "hopeful" to play the game, Dimel said he was "optimistic"
I thought it was being played in Grande Communications Stadium?
Nice High school venue, seats 15K

The UAB - UTEP game is the Midland High School game I believe.

There are a few interesting bits of information in here:

Cancelled

The thing with Cal last week was they only had one positive and then the COUNTY did the contract tracing and told certain players to quarantine. Wilcox said that not every player would've had to because of the way their practices were or how they did their protocols, but the county didn't ask, didn't care. That sounds messed up. I get it that in a normal circumstance, the county health department finds out who the positive person has had close contact with and then they contact those individuals and tell them to quarantine or not. But given the circumstances here, there really is a whole layer of precautions and protections on the team for those involved that the county is contacting that it should've gone through the football program. I have not heard any other team in the country that had the county do their contract tracing and determine who was out of the lineup.

NEXT WEEK's UAB - UTEP game is off (UAB issues). Atleast UTEP knows this far out, maybe they can schedule somebody else in.

UTSA - UTEP this week is still on

BREAKING | Louisiana Tech's scheduled game this Saturday against ULM at Independence Stadium has been canceled due to COVID-19 issues within the Warhawk football program.

Schedule Change: UNC's Miami & WCU Games Flipped​

The ACC announced on Monday that two of North Carolina's games have been flipped on the schedule. UNC will now face Miami on Dec. 12. The game was originally scheduled for Dec. 5. UNC will play Western Carolina on Dec. 5 in Chapel Hill. The Tar Heels have an open date this week and will host No. 2 Notre Dame on Friday, Nov. 27.

The change to the ACC schedule comes following positive COVID-19 tests and subsequent quarantining of student-athletes within the Miami football team. Miami’s home game against Georgia Tech on Saturday, Nov. 21 and its game at Wake Forest on Saturday, Nov. 28 have also been rescheduled.

Here are the changes:

Sat 11/28:
Wake @ Louisville (previously scheduled for 12/5)

Sat 12/5:
Miami @ Wake (Previously scheduled for 11/28)
WCU @ Carolina (Previously scheduled for 12/11)

Sat 12/12:
Louisville @ BC (Previously scheduled for 11/27)
Carolina @ Miami (Previously scheduled for 12/5)

Sat 12/19:
GT @ Miami (previously scheduled for 11/21) - This game will only be played if Miami is not in the ACCCG.

I really like leagues doing this. The ACC wasn't afraid to do it earlier in the year with Duke and Virginia and did it again. Probably works out better for some teams and not so much for others. Either way, being flexible is key right now. ACC and SEC being proactive in their flexibility while the late starters have to just sit with no contest cancellations.

Back