• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Running Thread of Postponements / Cancellations

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Unfortunately, this thread may get long. Figured it may be a good idea to have one.

Announced today, postponed:
- Houston / UNT
- Tulsa / Ark State

Last edited:
Notre Dame v Wake has been postponed...

The ACC announced Wednesday that No. 7 Notre Dame's game at Wake Forest, originally scheduled for Saturday, will be played Dec. 12 after Notre Dame paused football-related activities this week

Supposedly K-State was down to 3 CB's this week in practice which would violate the "2 Deep" rule. Could be message board rumors though.

Notre Dame will resume team practices Wednesday after reporting 18 positive COVID-19 tests on Monday, but the program has changed the way it will eat its pregame meals and will now have rapid antigen tests available on the sideline because of lessons learned from their outbreak, coach Brian Kelly told ESPN on Tuesday.

Kelly said team doctors learned the outbreak, which resulted in 25 players in isolation and 14 others in quarantine, stemmed from two events surrounding the Sept. 19 game against South Florida: eating their pregame meal together, and one player who threw up on the sideline during the game and was treated for dehydration.

Kelly said the change in routine from summer camp to game week revealed new challenges that could only been discovered with the start of the season.

"Throughout our entire time together, we had not had one meal where we sat down together," Kelly said. "Everything was grab and go. We get into our game situation where we have pregame meal together, and that cost us. Big. We had somebody who was asymptomatic, and it spread like wildfire throughout our meeting area where we were eating and then it got guys in contact tracing."

Any of you hear about the Charlotte - Georgia State game that was postponed a couple weeks back? It turned out that the positive tests Georgia State had on Thursday were actually negative upon retest of the players Friday and retesting the results from Thursday. Lab error. WTF!

Excerpt below:

Charlotte 49ers vs. Ga. State was called off because COVID test results were misread

According to a release from Georgia State, results from a Thursday test showed four positives and contact tracing identified 17 others, including one coach, who would require quarantining. At that point, Georgia State decided it wouldn’t play the 49ers in their home opener at Richardson Stadium on Saturday.

“As part of our protocols, we tested the individuals again Friday afternoon and were informed by our lab Friday night that none tested positive,” Cobb said. “They also retested the swabs from Thursday and all tested negative as well. It was at this point that the lab director informed our medical staff that a human error Friday morning caused the error in test results.

By that time, Healy said, “the ship had sailed.” It was too late to reverse course and play the game.

Read more here: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/charlotte-49ers/article246049540.html#storylink=cpy

Definitely like the number of games that are effected each week have decreased. For a couple weeks there it was about 20% of the games per week were getting postponed/canceled. Hopefully this lower frequency continues.

Any of you hear about the Charlotte - Georgia State game that was postponed a couple weeks back? It turned out that the positive tests Georgia State had on Thursday were actually negative upon retest of the players Friday and retesting the results from Thursday. Lab error. WTF!

Excerpt below:
Question.

When are bowl games other than the playoffs going to be played?

Apparently Nashville is a hot zone for some reason. Titans & Vandy.
We may need an update from White Claw Whitney as to why we are a hot spot.
My guess is Broadway and 2nd Ave.

Apparently Nashville is a hot zone for some reason. Titans & Vandy.
We may need an update from White Claw Whitney as to why we are a hot spot.
My guess is Broadway and 2nd Ave.

National NBC news tonight showed some kind of Nashville concert that was packed. Not the best look. You know, of course they showed it like "look at these fools". I'm not judging, but seems like nightlife/entertainment bringing some carefree-ness.

Not sure Texas / Baylor will happen on Oct. 24:

Baylor athletic director Mack Rhoades said Monday that there are 28 active cases of COVID-19 among football players, while 14 staff members within the program have also tested positive, according to Colt Barber of SicEm365.com. (I think many of them are experiencing symptoms.)

Brett McMurphy

Saturday’s Vanderbilt at Missouri game has been postponed because of COVID issues at Vanderbilt, sources told @Stadium. 1st reported by @PowerMizzoucom. Vandy had only 56 scholarship players last week vs. South Carolina

Baylor has another huge outbreak don’t they? Isn’t this the 2nd one? Why do I get the feeling outside the few years under Ruhle that is one very loose team where the inmates run the asylum so to speak! They were probably all at the strip club! I heard they tried to blame it on trip to wvu but think we all know better!!! Wvu doesn’t have it!!

really sucks cause I was digging the Baylor/okie lite under!

7 games this week now, which is about the same % we lost weeks 2 & 3. Funny the media wasn't paying attention then. I guess the SEC really does mean more.

Thought last week was pretty awesome we only lost 1 game.

FIU probably wants to postpone their entire 2020 season at this point.

North Texas / UTEP a no go.

This is a unique one. North Texas isn't coming because they don't want to travel into El Paso? It is not because of cases or tracing at either university. Essentially North Texas is saying it is not safe for our team to come to your city. There is a stay at home order in El Paso. I had not anticipated this type of postponement or cancelation, I wonder if there could be more as some areas continue to surge?

Wisconsin announced on Tuesday that its football game this weekend against Purdue has been canceled and team activities remain paused indefinitely because of the number of positive coronavirus cases within the program.

Biden says its important to him to get this virus under control. If he wins this could effect a lot of games and sports entirely. After all England has locked down again. Stay tuned

The Air Force-Army football game on Saturday has been postponed because of COVID-19 issues at Air Force, the school announced Thursday.

mother fucker, there goes one the ones I was just talking bout I can’t stand I spent lot of time on and really liked a play, hell I liked side and total. So sick of this Rona crap, seems like it spreading all Fuckin over again.

Bruce Feldman

BREAKING: The Pac-12 has approved a request from Utah to cancel tomorrow's Arizona at Utah game. This decision was made under the Pac-12’s football game cancellation policy due to Utah not having the minimum number of scholarship players available. Wow.

Back