• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Results for ESPN Handicappers--Week 3

TahoeLegend

Greg McElroy had the best week and now has the best score of the season.

Promoted Pamela Maldonado. She was 3-0 ML dogs for the week, now 7-1 on the season. Relegated Virtual Locks to the D-League (D-League scores will be posted later today)

The Bear—Week 3 (3-3) Season (5-7) Bank Picks (3-0, 6-3) 2020 Season (25-21)
Purdue +7 Lose
W Virginia -3 Win
UCLA -11x Lose
Boise St -3x Lose
W Forest -5 Win
Hawaii +7 Win
Bank Picks

W Virginia -3 Win
W Michigan +15 WinW Forest -5 Win

Stanford Steve— Week 3 (3-3) Season (10-7)
Best Bet (2-0) 2020 Season (32-27)
Penn St -5 Win
BC -15x Win
Boise St -3x Lose
Nebraska/Okla o 62 Lose
W Forest -5 Win
Ariz St -4 Lose

Bill Trocci— Week 3 (1-2) Season (3-6)
2020 Season (42-31)
Michigan St +6x Win
Virg Tech +2x Lose
Ark State +17 Lose

Phil Steele-- Week 3 (4-3) Season (13-11)
2020 Season (27-40)
Fresno St +11x Win
C Michigan +19x Lose
S Florida –21x Lose
Baylor -17x Win
La Tech +13x Win
UMass +22 Win
Army -34x Lose

Scott Van Pelt— Week 3 (4-4) Season (12-9)
2020 Season (42-39)
Illinois +7x Win
Indiana +3x Lose
Florida +14x Win
Memphis +3 Win
Purdue +7 Lose
Colo St +14x Win
Vandy +12 Lose
Tulane +14 Lose

Pamela Maldonado
Week 3 (3-0) Season (7-1)
ML Dogs
Michigan St +6x Win
Kansas St +2x Win
Duke +3 Win

Colin Cowherd Blazing Five— Week 2 (2-3) Season (4-6)
2020 Season (35-37)
panthers +3.5 Win
colts+3.5 Win
eagles +3 Lose
steelers -6.5 Lose
chargers -3.5 Lose

Greg McElroy
Week 3 (3-0) Season (7-2)
Cincinnati -4 Win
Kansas St +3 Win
N Dame -7 Win

My Picks— Week 3 (3-3) Season (9-7)
2020 Season (48-31)
La Tech +14 Win
Mich St +6x Win
Kansas St +3 Win
Virginia +9 Lose
Boise -3 Lose
Boise ML Lose

Will have to see if Greg and Pam can keep it up. Sounds kinda funny.

I'm not asking you to do this, but would be good to see what Pam's +/- $ would be since she picks ML dogs, she could go 1-2 one week but actually be +$ net

Yeah, the fact she makes her picks ML makes it hard to keep up with the dollar amount she's ahead or behind

McElroy impresses me as a guy who knows what he's doing when he discusses his picks. He's obviously spent a lot of time betting football and learning from his mistakes. He's from Texas and every Texan I ever knew started betting football in high school

Scores for the ESPN D-League Pickers:
(Virtual Locks has been relegated to this page)

Tyler Fulghum—Season 4-2
Ohio St 1st Q -7 Lose
Liberty -27x Win
Iowa/Kent St u 56x Win

Bill Connelly
—Season 8-6-1
Virginia Tech +3 Lose
Michigan -27 Win
Stanford -12 Win
Texas -26 Win
UCLA -11x Lose

Joe
Fortenbaugh
—Season 6-7
Purdue +7 Lose
Bama/Florida o 58x Win
Utah -7x Lose
Arizona St -3x Lose

Doug Kezirian
—Season 7-9
N Dame -7 Win
PSU/Aub u 1st H 27x Win
Stanford -12 Win

Joey and Jesse Virtual Locks
Joey Week 3 (0-1-1) Season (1-4-1)
2020 Season (14-12)
Fla/Bama o 60 tie
Ohio St -24x Lose
Matt Week 3 (1-1) Season (2-4)
No 2020 Season
Okla -22x Lose
Cincinnati -3x Win

David M. Hale
2-6

Yeah, the fact she makes her picks ML makes it hard to keep up with the dollar amount she's ahead or behind

McElroy impresses me as a guy who knows what he's doing when he discusses his picks. He's obviously spent a lot of time betting football and learning from his mistakes. He's from Texas and every Texan I ever knew started betting football in high school

I don’t think I’ve ever heard McElroy, where does he make his picks/discuss the games at?

That funny, I thought I was a outlier as I started taking bets from other kids and making weekly pick pools by 8th grade. Guess I was in the wrong state!!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard McElroy, where does he make his picks/discuss the games at?

That funny, I thought I was a outlier as I started taking bets from other kids and making weekly pick pools by 8th grade. Guess I was in the wrong state!!
McElroy is former Bama QB, works for ESPN now, is analyst on college games, on College Football Live, and makes his picks on Daily Wager

McElroy is former Bama QB, works for ESPN now, is analyst on college games, on College Football Live, and makes his picks on Daily Wager

Yea i knew he was bama qb, just don’t recall ever seeing him do picks or anything. Don’t watch daily wager very often so makes sense.

I like how you have main group and the D-League haha. Treat the main group like the AP top 25 and the D league as the unranked. Joey Gallaway has been losing so get your ass to the D league page.

All my buddies and I started with parlay cards. I loved it from the very first time my Dad ever showed me one and explained how to bet one. I was fifth or sixth grade and already a big football fan and the idea of betting on the games and that there was an organized system in existence to allow anyone to bet fascinated me. Still does

I used the money I made mowing lawns to bet every week. My first idea was to bet 10-team parlays, but my Dad explained a little about betting to me and that made me even more interested. I won the first week I bet a 3-teamer and bet every time I could get a parlay card, but there were none available in the little town where I lived to could only bet when my Dad went to a bigger town and brought one home

When I got to college I could get them every week and I think I won only one week the whole time I was in college

We called them steam sheets. A kid ran one in my high school, I was a sophmore I think. Went through his uncle. Picking games and betting football is so much fun!

I used to listen to Greg when he was on XM radio, but now he isn't, he has a show with Cole Cubelic (spelling) that I don't listen to. I like Greg, he has good insight.

I like how you have main group and the D-League haha. Treat the main group like the AP top 25 and the D league as the unranked. Joey Gallaway has been losing so get your ass to the D league page.

I been saying for a year it was inevitable w Galloway. Dude not only takes mostly huge favs but he takes them after the number been beat to shit, just not a way for sustainable success. I mean I’m sure ya can win with big favs (I can’t) but not betting popular ones on Friday after line has usually steamed. If ya gonna bet those games you best better get them early imo.

It's going to embarrassing if I have to send myself down to the minors

I been saying for a year it was inevitable w Galloway. Dude not only takes mostly huge favs but he takes them after the number been beat to shit, just not a way for sustainable success. I mean I’m sure ya can win with big favs (I can’t) but not betting popular ones on Friday after line has usually steamed. If ya gonna bet those games you best better get them early imo.
He might be fading himself off screen and making a killing…….u never know…..

Back