• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Potential Washington team names

guaranteeed

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member

Basically, the names below are ones that the team has been throwing around, and now, they want to get fan input to see which names should be considered going forward.

Here's a list of names Washington fans were asked to choose from (Listed in alphabetical order):

Aces
Ambassadors
Anchors
Archers
Armada
Aviators
Beacons
Belters
Brigade
Commanders
Defenders
Demon Cats
First City Football Club (FCFC)
Griffins
Guardians
Icons
Majors
Monarchs
Pilots
Presidents
Razorbacks
Redtails
Redwolves
Red Hogs
Renegades
Riders
Rising
Royals
Rubies
Swifts
Warriors
Washington DC Football Club (DCFC)
Washington Capital City Football Club (CCFC)
Wayfarers
Wild Hogs
32FC (W32)
Football Team

I could find myself actually becoming a fan if they keep Football Club and somehow can get Snyder to sell...

Wasn't the big deal last year that the list of names was found by some guy that went and bought all the domain names that would be possible?

longer the better. Maybe throw national in there so it’s Washington capital city national football club. Or go with one that someone will have an issue with in a couple years that they have to change it again

Still think they need to go full woke, ditch their racist Washington moniker and just call themselves The District. Like The T-Birds, like The Cosmos.....only one name needed.

“Aces” may be considered offensive to decks of cards.

“anchors” could be offensive to news ppl.

Safer just to stick with football team as that can’t offend anyone.

Still think they need to go full woke, ditch their racist Washington moniker and just call themselves The District. Like The T-Birds, like The Cosmos.....only one name needed.
Cannot because they will be a State ... hahahahahaha

I still say Engines.

Back