• [3/29/2024 @ 1:10 AM] We'd like to extend our deepest apologies for the nearly 20 hours of downtime we experienced Wednesday (3/27) into Thursday (3/28). In short, our server host paused our service due to copywritten material being posted in certain forums (specifically streaming links). *** PLEASE NOTE *** ABSOLUTELY NO LINKS or talks of links to illegal, copywritten material like streaming services can be posted at CTG moving forward. If you find these links, please PM a Moderator or Partner immediately. We appreciate your cooperation.

Pick'em League! 100.00 Cash Prize

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
You need a yahoo user name. Log in and go here:

Join a Group | College Football Pick'em | Yahoo! Sports

football.fantasysports.yahoo.com

Join a private group, our ID is: 4541
Password is: Bama

It starts with week 1 games. The list of games will be shown after August 30th. Yahoo default list of games, about 20 games per week, with point spread and a tie breaking question (total points or most points selection). You can make or change picks up until 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Winner gets $100 courtesy of BAR!

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be in, struggle with season long stuff but this one seems doable

I found the results from last year: EL-Toro was the winner

Is anyone else here in Big Mike's Picker's Club? 100 buy in, 8 picks college and pro ATS each week (each pick 1 pt and 2 picks worth 2 pts), weekly winners, winners for each 1/3 of the season and a top 10 payout at the end. Last year we had a low year, about 70 folks, I got 4th I think and a $600 payout, not too bad. If interested PM me and I can send you the details, it's on OFP.
Sorry for the hijack :assshake:

Last edited:
If we have some people who want to play, I will pay the registration fee again on officefootballpool. Think it is weird that they don't start until week 2 games. Yahoo is pretty straight forward and easier to manage.

@B.A.R. is offering $100 to the winner of the league assuming we do it.

What are the rules.

I did that Yahoo league when it was on here two years ago and enjoyed it, but we had to pick 30 games or so a week. Way too many for me and way too many games with 40 and 45-point spreads.

I already am commissioner of a pool on officefootball.com The website does an excellent job of hosting, but I don't think I want to be in another contest on that site

Post the details when you decide and I'll get in if I have time

What are the rules.

I did that Yahoo league when it was on here two years ago and enjoyed it, but we had to pick 30 games or so a week. Way too many for me and way too many games with 40 and 45-point spreads.

I already am commissioner of a pool on officefootball.com The website does an excellent job of hosting, but I don't think I want to be in another contest on that site

Post the details when you decide and I'll get in if I have time

I've been playing in yahoo pro and college pick'em leagues for 15 years.

In the yahoo league I can select "yahoo default" "top 25" and "conference"

There isn't much difference between yahoo default and top 25. Yahoo default will typically have the name teams and interesting matchups. Top 25 pulls in all top 25 teams and selecting by conference pulls every game involving a certain conference. I can select more than one option. If I only select one option I think there might be about 20 games a week to pick. If I pick both yahoo default and top 25 that is where we got the 30-ish games per week.

So I can just go with one of those. The remaining problem is that either way, there are going to be a lot of the big point spreads because the name teams involved in those or the ranked teams involved in those are going to be among the list. I can't remove those, where as with the officefootballpool sight I can hand pick every game.

BAR has generously offered us some prize money, but since there is no cost to enter, it really doesn't need to be taken that seriously in terms of handicapping, some of those games, big spreads, I'd just say follow your hunches and see where it ends up. A foreign principle for a skilled handicapper to recklessly pick a team I understand, but it is kind of just for fun really. I like the pick'ems because it allows me to have a position in a game I didn't bet and it also saves how you did through the years under your profile.

Looks like we had a yahoo college pick'em league 2015-2019 and last year without yahoo we did the officepool site.

Last year there were only 9 people in the officefootballpool league, and just 3 of them were from this site!

In 2019 we had 19 members from this site playing in the yahoo league.

I'm going to take that as an endorsement for the yahoo league, I can renew the league today and everyone who played before should get an email that it is active again.

It starts with week 1 games. The list of games will be shown after August 30th. Yahoo default list of games, about 20 games per week, with point spread and a tie breaking question (total points or most points selection). You can make or change picks up until 5 minutes prior to kickoff. Winner gets $100 courtesy of BAR!

Last edited:

It starts with week 1 games. The list of games will be shown after August 30th. Yahoo default list of games, about 20 games per week, with point spread and a tie breaking question (total points or most points selection). You can make or change picks up until 5 minutes prior to kickoff.
I'm in

Yahoo reminds me how old I am, was the 109th kjohnson when I created that account

We've got 10! A whole week to sign up yet:

Join a Group | College Football Pick'em | Yahoo! Sports

Is anyone else here in Big Mike's Picker's Club? 100 buy in, 8 picks college and pro ATS each week (each pick 1 pt and 2 picks worth 2 pts), weekly winners, winners for each 1/3 of the season and a top 10 payout at the end. Last year we had a low year, about 70 folks, I got 4th I think and a $600 payout, not too bad. If interested PM me and I can send you the details, it's on OFP.
Sorry for the hijack :assshake:
I don’t know how to pm on here but I would be interested email is rediron6@yahoo.com. My name is john thanks

Yahoo is set up to drop your lowest scored week. So if you really miss one week, no big deal, everyone's lowest point week will be dropped.

This also enables late comers to join the contest in week 2 as their worst week would be week 1 and then every week after that for late entrants will be counted.

Also, the point spreads yahoo shows do adjust throughout the week. So if you set your games on a Tuesday for the upcoming week, the line you saw on Tuesday could be different from what line they close the game at. Their "final" closing number for a game will generally be late in the week Thursday/Friday.

Yahoo is set up to drop your lowest scored week. So if you really miss one week, no big deal, everyone's lowest point week will be dropped.

This also enables late comers to join the contest in week 2 as their worst week would be week 1 and then every week after that for late entrants will be counted.

Also, the point spreads yahoo shows do adjust throughout the week. So if you set your games on a Tuesday for the upcoming week, the line you saw on Tuesday could be different from what line they close the game at. Their "final" closing number for a game will generally be late in the week Thursday/Friday.
Is everything based on their final lines?

Is everything based on their final lines?

Yes exactly.

I went through the trouble of saying that since a person might make their picks early in the week and not look at the pick sheet again and might be confused why the line they picked the game off of changed.

Reactions: KJ

I like a dropped week.

Interesting on the lines.

Yahoo starts week 1.
Officefootballpool starts week 2.

If we have some people who want to play, I will pay the registration fee again on officefootballpool. Think it is weird that they don't start until week 2 games. Yahoo is pretty straight forward and easier to manage.

@B.A.R. is offering $100 to the winner of the league assuming we do it.
I was in it last year and I liked all the stats it gives. Not sure how much the fee is but I'll pitch in on that if you want to do that one also. It's football time! Have a good one man!

I was in it last year and I liked all the stats it gives. Not sure how much the fee is but I'll pitch in on that if you want to do that one also. It's football time! Have a good one man!

You won last year I believe!

We are going with the yahoo league instead of the officefootballpool league. No need to do both leagues.

I see you are in the yahoo league! Good luck this year!!

26 in Group 4541 now---I have used my CTG screen name for my pick set name in the group---Are all entries from here in
this contest using their CTG screen name as their "Pick set name" in the group?

RankPick Set NameTotalDroppedW-L--sk000-0--What the Hell000-0--#MEOW000-0--Vap'sBack000-0--Roashe000-0--Eltoro000-0--Survive&advance000-0--mogo000-0--NYGiants25000-0--NC Ravens000-0--The Big Guy000-0--Longhornsrule52413000-0--spottie2935000-0--Manti Teo’s Girlfriend000-0--Miklos000-0--Mark's Moneymakers000-0--BringInTheLefty000-0--jimmymo000-0--Instant Hole000-0--Ek462000-0--Mean Machine000-0--Let's Go Buffalo000-0--jedi ninja000-0--Bear000-0--West Coast000-0--CPA-hole000-0

A lot of people do not use their CTG screen name.

I did not advertise this group anywhere else so I'd expect everyone playing to be from our site

We have 34 people, that is very strong participation!

The first game is tomorrow night, so plenty of time for more to hop on board!

We have 34 people, that is very strong participation!

The first game is tomorrow night, so plenty of time for more to hop on board!

im trying to figure out how to join but I’m slow, lol. Tried on my phone yesterday and wasn’t working out. Gonna try laptop today

damn, gotta pick a lot of games i have no clue about!! lol
It's fewer than in the past. I limited the pick option to one "yahoo default". I'm sure you can follow a hunch here or there.
Glad you are in, I was going to tell you since you just reappeared yesterday.

It's fewer than in the past. Unlimited the pick option to one "yahoo default". I'm sure you can follow a hunch here or there.
Glad you are in, I was going to tell you since you just reappeared yesterday.

yea ill give it hell, just shocked me a little when i realized i had to pick all those!! lol.. pretty sure my card will be around 8-10 more games this week!! i like seeing the percentage of ppl picking a team, i really like plays on my card when i see 20% or less picking that team!!!

Be curious to see at the end of the season how many I do something like this and just do fliers and actually end up on the opposite side after game day capping. Be true tout style I'm sure.

Be curious to see at the end of the season how many I do something like this and just do fliers and actually end up on the opposite side after game day capping. Be true tout style I'm sure.

i could def end up on opposite side of what i picked in the ol piss/ville game since i dont even remember who i took, have no idea what will happen, but will most likely look at way more closely come monday.. it is a stand alone monday night in week one after all!! so unless i get super drunk on labor day pretty good chance i end up playing it!! lol. only thing i know bout it at this point is it should be really fun if ya like offense!

Reactions: KJ
Back